Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Sync queue solo ranked fixed for 2.7?

KamujinKravshera

That would be a group of people who know each all solo-queuing simultaneously with the hopes that they get on the same team? Unfortunately, that's pretty much unpatchable. Any sort of metric you use could easily be worked around and would likely eventually just start hassling the true solo players.:(

OF COURSE, they can mitigate it by adding 8 man warzones to both queues which will help dilute any group attempting it. They also might want to make the "Hutt" warzones -- arenas and Huttball -- cross faction just to hinder it further, but I know that'll be an even steeper uphill battle.

Just saying.

Honestly that's not even the worst bug/problem with queue atm. There are 3v4 matches, teams with healer against teams without, "ghost players" that wins on acid phase, no ACs division per team (things like 4 assassins versus 4 powertechs), gigantic difference of ELO btw players in the same match and so on. Not to mention the leaderboards isn't working and will stay bugged till season 2.

Oh, and about cross-server, there's an interview on mmorpg.com (from february) in which the dev say it's not even on their plans.

Edited by Capote

Like what the others say cross server would be the answer for so many things. Why EA isn`t forcing this (cause it might actually net then more money as in more subs) is beyond reasoning. Without it in the long run it will kill this game quicker than Cartel Market can save .

Like what the others say cross server would be the answer for so many things. Why EA isn`t forcing this (cause it might actually net then more money as in more subs) is beyond reasoning. Without it in the long run it will kill this game quicker than Cartel Market can save .

They will never consider cross server queue's. This game will most likely end up with two "super servers" with one being pvp and the other pve.

1) Cross server

2) Cross faction

3) Matchmaking

4) Don't put players on the same team repeatedly.

Just off the top of my head.

1.) Not going to happen

2.) Not going to happen

3.) Already exists but definitely needs to be tweaked.

4.)Not going to happen without cross server which is definitely not going to happen.

I still hope, that they are working on it, even if they said they do not.

I don't think EA is trying have a long lasting game, so much as milk it for all they can while it lasts. Cash grab.

Edited by Puissant

1.) Not going to happen

2.) Not going to happen

3.) Already exists but definitely needs to be tweaked.

4.)Not going to happen without cross server which is definitely not going to happen.

1) Irrelevant, your question was answered.

2) Irrelevant, your question was answered.

3) Irrelevant, your question was answered.

4) Irrelevant, your question was answered.

If there are enough people of varied classes in the yolo queue, it becomes very difficult to sync unless youre willing to bail on a couple games (and lose rating) to funnel it down a bit.

However, solo ranked needs to not be a thing anymore. Its nothing more than a lottery in terms of actual competitive gameplay, and there is a large number of players just using it to grind out the higher tier of gear, and coasting/afking through games.

1) Irrelevant, your question was answered.

2) Irrelevant, your question was answered.

3) Irrelevant, your question was answered.

4) Irrelevant, your question was answered.

Except it wasn't. BW has clearly stated they don't plan on doing cross server. So please tell me how they would fix it with the current system because they are not going to change it.

ok you obviously dont understand EA's way of doing things, lol, they arent trying to gain subs, or keep subs, lol, they are simply trying to milk what they can from the game while they can while spending as little money and effort on the game, then they will shut it down and move on, like they have with past games.

Except it wasn't. BW has clearly stated they don't plan on doing cross server. So please tell me how they would fix it with the current system because they are not going to change it.

Except it was. You asked me a question. Which I answered. My answer did not request your opinions about the answers that I gave. I don't care what you think or why you think things can or can not happen.

I was simply asking if something WAS going to happen that maybe I had missed during my time away from the game.

It's really that simple.

If there are enough people of varied classes in the yolo queue, it becomes very difficult to sync unless youre willing to bail on a couple games (and lose rating) to funnel it down a bit.

However, solo ranked needs to not be a thing anymore. Its nothing more than a lottery in terms of actual competitive gameplay, and there is a large number of players just using it to grind out the higher tier of gear, and coasting/afking through games.

I like solo better than group. Group is as much a measure of social networking skills as it is a measure of PvP skill. It's also stale and repetative.

Solo queue is chaotic and forces you to deal with scenarios that you might not want to. This IMO makes you better.

I find if you sync queue unless your faction is completely dead at the time, you're more then likely to end up against each other more then anything else especially if ur both classed as dps xD

Edited by AngusFTW

Except it was. You asked me a question. Which I answered. My answer did not request your opinions about the answers that I gave. I don't care what you think or why you think things can or can not happen.

I was simply asking if something WAS going to happen that maybe I had missed during my time away from the game.

It's really that simple.

Doesn't matter what I think. But what I said isn't false either. BW has said on dozens of occasions that they have no plans to do cross server.

^this

you're throwing the baby out with the bath-water here.

require minimum expertise level - which should be the maximum, and the maximum should increase every tier update so that only the current 2 sets have it. unfortunately, you cannot enforce stims and medpacs/adrenals.

as for the lottery thing, I don't think any but the most delusional fools think that solo rating can hold a candle to group rating. HOWEVER, solo rated does two very significant/constructive things:

1. it provides a matchmaking system (poor as you may think it is) that reg queues do not have, based on role.
  2. it provides incentive for a significantly larger, less competitive, portion of the player population to queue because 4v4 team is no different from 8v8 team: you face the same teams over and over again. the number of teams in queue drops preciiptously. now when you want to queue, you always face the same dominant team, and eventually, the last 2-4 dominant teams have to make cyber-dates in order to compete at all. dead queue or lottery? lottery please.

^this

you're throwing the baby out with the bath-water here.

require minimum expertise level - which should be the maximum, and the maximum should increase every tier update so that only the current 2 sets have it. unfortunately, you cannot enforce stims and medpacs/adrenals.

as for the lottery thing, I don't think any but the most delusional fools think that solo rating can hold a candle to group rating. HOWEVER, solo rated does two very significant/constructive things:

1. it provides a matchmaking system (poor as you may think it is) that reg queues do not have, based on role.
  2. it provides incentive for a significantly larger, less competitive, portion of the player population to queue because 4v4 team is no different from 8v8 team: you face the same teams over and over again. the number of teams in queue drops preciiptously. now when you want to queue, you always face the same dominant team, and eventually, the last 2-4 dominant teams have to make cyber-dates in order to compete at all. dead queue or lottery? lottery please.

From what I've seen, the group game has 2 kinds of players.

1) Exceptional players who are also exceptional in solo.

2) Mediocre players who can maintain a "raid schedule" and who are complete garbage in solo.

From what I've seen, the solo game has 3 kinds of players.

1) Exceptional players who are also exceptional in group.

2) Exceptional players who could not find team spots for group.

3) Mediocre players.

Solo has a LOT of issues, but fewer than the group game and it is still a better measure of skill.

Lastly, the group game is just comps of broken classes fighting comps of the same broken classes.

Edited by KamujinKravshera

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.