credits for cartels

I'm sure it's been requested but i'd really like some way to buy credits. I'd quickly give you guys 20 bucks for 10mil lol.

Im at the point where I'm buying mods on GTN 1mil each and I'm not gathering an income fast enough for that to be anywhere near reasonable and i've been playing since launch.. still no blackhole gear. lol. As a casual player without guild or friends i'd like to finally enjoy the game as contender instead of constantly trying to grind for comms and credits with pretty much no light at the end of this tunnel. At this rate i won't be anywhere close to being fully well modded before theirs another tier added on -_-

u guys get cash, i get buff and enjoy the game more. everybody wins.

I'm sure it's been requested but i'd really like some way to buy credits. I'd quickly give you guys 20 bucks for 10mil lol.

Im at the point where I'm buying mods on GTN 1mil each and I'm not gathering an income fast enough for that to be anywhere near reasonable and i've been playing since launch.. still no blackhole gear. lol. As a casual player without guild or friends i'd like to finally enjoy the game as contender instead of constantly trying to grind for comms and credits with pretty much no light at the end of this tunnel. At this rate i won't be anywhere close to being fully well modded before theirs another tier added on -_-

No no no. Do dailies or buy cartel packs and re sell on the GTN. But, having the ability to out right buy credits no freaking thank you.

doing that and playing as much as i can outside work it's taken me exactly 8 days to get 1mil. I can now buy 1 mod on GTN. At this rate it will take me months to get fitted and this is before the aesthetics come to play. (mounts, pets, flashy sabers, etc..) i've unsubbed a couple times just due to it being such a chore.

I say no. This would screw the ingame economy horribly, everyone with money will pretty much buy credits and prices will go up as a result, while those of us who refuse to spend money buying credits will be screwed over.

okay then how about Everything on GTN have a cartel coin/ real money equivalent or a separate Trade network for real cash/ cartels only. like how it is in Diablo. So i can out right buy the same items on GTN with cartels/cash. Edited by jaytdasme

doing that and playing as much as i can outside work it's taken me exactly 8 days to get 1mil. I can now buy 1 mod on GTN. At this rate it will take me months to get fitted and this is before the aesthetics come to play. (mounts, pets, flashy sabers, etc..) i've unsubbed a couple times just due to it being such a chore.

Then pick up a profession and get crafting, like the other people who make millions in this game. But selling credits is so bad for the economy and would destroy crating that it is simply a bad idea. Period.

okay then how about Everything on GTN have a cartel coin/ real money equivalent or a separate Trade network for real cash/ cartels only. like how it is in Diablo.

Diablo is taking down their AH and real money AH for exactly these reasons. It is because in the devs minds it takes away on what the game is about, killing monsters and getting loot.

Diablo is taking down their AH and real money AH for exactly these reasons. It is because in the devs minds it takes away on what the game is about, killing monsters and getting loot.

Uugh. i guess i get that but its still a bummer. Im trying to take a break from real life and kick ***. not grind, farm, and craft. -_-

why on earth do you need to buy this stuff? I can see, why s.o. would buy one or two mods in order to optimize his gear and not take a whole token only because he lacks the mod ... but equiping a whole char by buying the stuff on the GTN? Why?

Do HM Op's and get the stuff yourself.

Or, if you can't handle the hardmodes, why would you need 72/ 78 gear? (( To do Flashpoints? Really? Still ... there are commendations to collect. ))

Edited by Leitha_Ithil

That is what an MMO is dude.

Yea thanks to WoW... but i remembered really enjoying games like CoX, Champions online, GW1, just to name a few where there's virtually no grinding or crafting. It's mostly skill based and you just enjoy the game.

i think that would ruin the sale of the collector's edition if people would just buy 20 mill and mail it to 20 of their characters. there would need to be some kind of rule of balance to fix that but otherwise it would be lovely to buy credits. if it is that much concern for you to buy credits pop some cartel packs (not the 160 CC ones) and get some booms and explosions and you'll get a bit over 100,000 with a $40

.00 worth of CC.

Yea thanks to WoW... but i remembered really enjoying games like CoX, Champions online, GW1, just to name a few where there's virtually no grinding or crafting. It's mostly skill based and you just enjoy the game.

So? I just enjoy the game and to me it is NOT too bad in terms of grinds.

Uugh. i guess i get that but its still a bummer. Im trying to take a break from real life and kick ***. not grind, farm, and craft. -_-

I don't craft, I don't "grind" and I don't farm.

I do dailies occasionally when I need the cash and I raid a couple nights a week. I don't see why you need to spend pounds to get credits when you could just, like, half-watch a documentary on dark matter and kill dudes on Oricon.

You can buy credits by buying things out of the cartelmarket and putting them on the gtm.

You can do crafting and sell these thing on the Gtm, currently i am making 2millions a day by mk-9 sales and crafting lvl 54 epic earrings. No need to do dailys.

Another thing is, why do you buy gear? You wont do your dailys much quicker with 78 gear. But instead of buying mods out of the gtm you should colllect elite and ulti commendations and get the gear for free. If your doing dailys you will have a lot of these commendations. Run hm flashpoints. Dont expect good gear by doing nothing ( or using your credit card). You could btw. still do pvp as you are getting bolstered and the worse your equip the better you are getting boldstered. A mmorpg is supposed to be time consuming otherwise ppl would stop playing it after a week. And yeah they are also "skill-based" otherwise there wouldnt be raids doing nm operations and other who dont bc they might lack the skill.

What you are asking for is a pay2win game

Btw. "grinding" means killing mobs (for exp or loot) but without quests. In some games ( mostly korean) you just kill mobs for hours in order to get a lvl up. Those games dont have quests at all. Swtor has always quests so there is no need of grinding however if your really grinding i know why you dont make money. Doing dailys is not grinding, but it might be as boring.

Edited by Methoxa

Firstly Oricon is a Nightmare for Pubs.. at least on my server. It's like 6:1 vs imperials guaranteed gank. Im fine with open world pvp.. that's why i picked it but it can get ridiculous.

Also i'm sick of instances where i join a FP and my group is trashing me for my hp being only 38k as a tank or some b.s. like that. Or i go to try to join peeps on fleet for OPs and they say "nah" cus i don't meet their gear requirements. Though almost every piece i have equipped is 72. Quite honestly i've never gotten to a Second boss ever on any OPs anyway due to either everyone dying, quitting, or not being able to join at all cus of not qualifying. Though i'm fairly confident i know what i'm doing when playing the game, i like to make sure i'm properly equipped so that isn't part of the problem.

Dailies get pretty monotonous and i find just doing them for me is maybe 200k a day... i don't really have time to do all of them on all toons.

I hate crafting period. in any mmo. I'm extremely annoyed that implementing in game "jobs" became the standard. -_- and usually i end up spending more time and money getting mats than i turn a profit.. but i suppose if its the best way to make a killing i'll suffer through it. I did notice that cartel packs are sold at pretty high value on GTN though.. so i'll look into doing that as an option. thanks.

Edited by jaytdasme

The level of absurd in this thread is beyond my comprehension. Direct converting CCs to credits would kill the point of market, dailies, FPs and basically everything. The same thing applies to the possibility of buying stuff from GTN for CCs.

You've been playing since the launch, and you have problems with getting Black Hole armor set? Well that's what you said in the 1st post at least. Later, you admit that you have 72 mods, so why you bother about BH?

Something is not right with you. Don't waste your credits on mods from GTN. Do SM FP from Directive 7 and higher, then HM FP for 50 lvl. When you are geared up with BH, you can occasionally do dailies on Makeb/Section X. If you get a few pieces of Black Market armor, you should begin playing FPs for 55 lvl. In no time you will be wearing full Black Market stuff.

This is what I actually did. At this moment, I'm trying to get my first piece of armor for Elite Comms.

I'm a tank as well and I'm was not trashed in FPs for having 28/32k HP. Maybe people on your server are nutts.

Edited by PavSalco

They need to implement the Plex system...(or C.R.E.D.D for that matter)

With that said...If it is taking you 8 days to make 1 million credits...you're seriously doing it wrong.

The one thing missing from this game is the ability to get coins for credits, and the plex system is the perfect way of doing that.

Edited by Vinak

Do you not know what dailies are? Take 2 or 3 characters and do the BH, Belsavis (not seciton X) and Ilum dailies. These are level 50 so you can have them done in about 20 minutes each. You should make about a million in an hour that way.

So very much this:

Do you not know what dailies are? Take 2 or 3 characters and do the BH, Belsavis (not seciton X) and Ilum dailies. These are level 50 so you can have them done in about 20 minutes each. You should make about a million in an hour that way.

Dailies, OPs, HM FPs... these are your bread and butter... you will have 5 mill in no time just doing those at a moderate pace. Doing every daily and every weekly for a month will have you rich enough to get anything you want or need for any and all of your toons AND comps.

Ha...

Even with section X the reward would come to 270k and that's including weekly. double that give or take if i used 2 characters. Not to mention 20mins each is a very rough figure and would only be possible if you had absolutely no interruptions (no WZ, WPvP, no one in your way when you go for a mission objective, no one chatting with you etc) that would still mean an hr each character still only giving half a mil at best with 2. Now i suppose 540k a day isn't bad but playing the game like this kinda would be.

They need to implement the Plex system...(or C.R.E.D.D for that matter)

With that said...If it is taking you 8 days to make 1 million credits...you're seriously doing it wrong.

The one thing missing from this game is the ability to get coins for credits, and the plex system is the perfect way of doing that.

I have a job and gf. if i log at all it usually for maybe 3 hrs or so. and when i do i do everything. WZ, FP and Dailies. Fps are damn near 1hr each and WZ half hr. But based on the responses here i guess its not possible to have fun and get rich at the same time. I either need to craft (yuck) or be very focused on my dailies

Edited by jaytdasme