Now that smash is getting nerfed

TheCourier-

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I agree that Watchman badly needs a buff, there are classes that managed to spend an incredibly long time with no viable DPS spec (read Operatives). I would love to know they plan to buff Watchman, but only after they bring most other classes to a state of viability.

Pointless post, you can't deny that anni needs a buff.

Agreed. This was the sole reason I pulled my Marauder from PvP and after more changes (read nerfs) to that tree, I switched to Rage or Carnage depending on what we were doing. If they buff it to be viable again, I will return back to using that tree again. I thoroughly enjoyed playing an Annihilation specced Marauder.

Annihilation spec needs to be buffed. It's needed to be buffed ever since patch 2.0. Annihilation spec needs more damage since the double relic glitch was repaired (which was causing its damage to look higher than it actually was), and it needs its self-healing back.

Reading this makes me think you do not play this spec on a daily basis. Allow me to re-iterate the issue with watchman and say it with me : Ramp up time. Watchman damage is fine, setting up stacks of merciless is not. In the current state of PVP where burst damage is king, watchman has no place. Bottom line : watchman is incompatible with pvp and by the time you get 4 merciless stacks and use them regularly, the wz is over.

He is a whiny assassin who bashes marauders whenever marauders even remotely get a buff or nerf. He's whined about marauders ever since patch 2.4.

He mostly raged about Smash Maras, didn't complain at all during Anni changes. And you gotta give it to him, he's somewhat skilled, despite being whiney at times.

Really? Kinda counter intuitive to your own signature isn't it?

Please, do enlighten me in which way.

Your nerfs are completely warranted. As they should be. This has been going on for far too long already.

I just gave up on thinking Bioware would ever be bothered to actually do anything about it.

Glad to see I can be wrong from time to time.

Edited by Evolixe

I tend to agree with Thecourier on this. Just my two cents on the pending nerf: I can understand the need to tone down Rage's Smash, that's fine. But the having to have a target selected part for Smash; that really threw me for a loop. That just screwed the other two trees in dealing with Stealth classes in PvP.

I tend to agree with Thecourier on this. Just my two cents on the pending nerf: I can understand the need to tone down Rage's Smash, that's fine. But the having to have a target selected part for Smash; that really threw me for a loop. That just screwed the other two trees in dealing with Stealth classes in PvP.

You couldn't deal with a half semi-decent stealth pvp player anyway, so I don't really see the big issue here if im honest with you.

You couldn't deal with a half semi-decent stealth pvp player anyway, so I don't really see the big issue here if im honest with you.

Not many of those going around...if I node guard on my Veng jug and never lose a 1v1 against a stealther opening on me there's a problem...and I think it isn't with me.

Edited by Tevzz

And very few people can deny that the nerf smash got wasn't overkill :S though Anni does need a buff, that is true.

You mean they can't deny that it IS overkill right?

That just screwed the other two trees in dealing with Stealth classes in PvP.

That's not a problem, cyclone/sweeping slash ftw.

You mean they can't deny that it IS overkill right?

Yep, I think anyone who understands in what kind of situation smash is will admit that the nerf is overkill...smash's single target dmg is pretty crappy despite the theory crafters who claim that its better than Carnage unless carnage lands its burst in the gore windows.

Edited by Tevzz

Reading this makes me think you do not play this spec on a daily basis. Allow me to re-iterate the issue with watchman and say it with me : Ramp up time. Watchman damage is fine, setting up stacks of merciless is not. In the current state of PVP where burst damage is king, watchman has no place. Bottom line : watchman is incompatible with pvp and by the time you get 4 merciless stacks and use them regularly, the wz is over.

Reading this makes me think you don't play ranked. Particularly, "the current state of PVP where burst damage is king", is incorrect. Pressure comps are a thing, and ramp up time is not inherently crippling. Anni needs more utility and a little more damage.

Reading this makes me think you don't play ranked. Particularly, "the current state of PVP where burst damage is king", is incorrect. Pressure comps are a thing, and ramp up time is not inherently crippling. Anni needs more utility and a little more damage.

Burst damage is king at the very top of the top segment though. Burst comps just require that much more coordination and timing than pressure comps. But they work and they work very well.

True :(

What's your opinion on "Maul spamming" by the way? Coz most assassins (including myself before I L2P) do only that. I once killed a maul spammer who opened on me, and whispered him to not do that or he'll run out of force and he answered "That's the class rotation, it's the best one" that kinda killed me....and I felt sorry for him :confused::confused:

What's your opinion on "Maul spamming" by the way? Coz most assassins (including myself before I L2P) do only that. I once killed a maul spammer who opened on me, and whispered him to not do that or he'll run out of force and he answered "That's the class rotation, it's the best one" that kinda killed me....and I felt sorry for him :confused::confused:

What can I say.. I mean really if you're just doing that I can't do much but pity you. Maul is only good when you have a proc. No other time is it ever worth it.

Yes and no. Overall the damage is decent but it wouldn't hurt to increase its damage a little bit. Its not top end damage but its not the best either... Also, imo I think allowing zen to instantly build stacks of juyo/merciless would go a long way to fixing their ramp up issues in *burst phases.*

So outside of valorous call you'd have to still do the ramp up time since getting zen requires building centering but for when you need instant max stacks I think adding that to zen would be a fair balance to the ramp up time issues. I also think the self heals need to go back to 2%. That nerf was completely unnecessary.