Aces?

Argonloris

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, shut up, you're being f*cking stupid. "I'm getting trolled, it's not my fault" is not an excuse for derailing threads.

Yndras also has a bad habit of responding to sh*t he shouldn't. Both of you need to shut your holes and let derailed topics die.

Just so we are clear, while typing is considered a form of speech, no holes are opened in order to do so... so technically its impossible for me to comply with your request.

However, In the interest of preserving the thread, I will move along.

Apologies Armondd, I'm not aiming to derail as that was a one shot post. I take issue with Verain and his *****y attitude on the forums and a few others, pretty much gen chat, and he posts everywhere, tired of his bs. Done posting now

There hasn’t been much movement on the JC list. Most of the latest nominations seem to be same faction. And while the recently added pilots all deserve to be listed as Aces in my book, I would encourage you to nominate pilots you enjoy flying against as well as those that you fly with. After all, without quality opposition, we wouldn’t have a game worth playing.

In any event, using my arbitrary criteria of acknowledging pilots that are better than me, I feel the following pilots have emerged as Aces and deserve to be acknowledged. I continue to fly both sides and enjoy flying with and against all of these pilots.

Pubs: Sabra’lee, Qimera, Valstar, Pyrochenko, Rhea, I’Sys, Sheba

Imps: Rogueagent, Emeeli, Jekkott, Lorft, Scarthen, Zuckerkorn, Opalklone, Demitry, Siruuzh

Some other notes for Argonloris. Fezz should be Ferzz. Dongstar (amusing as the typo is) should be Dogstar.

There are some additional pilots that have caught my attention, but I know they are alts of pilots already on the list, so, for the sake of brevity, I am not including them.

Zuckerkorn, I know you have posted on this topic and claimed that you are an average pilot. I’d put you as an equal to most of the gunship pilots on this list. I’ve seen you put up damage numbers equal to other listed Ace GS pilots. And you are a lot harder to kill than most of those guys. It probably comes from playing Imp side against all those JC “premades” that some people complain about. A lot of pilots completely fold when facing a bad match up, but you still fly well, making great use of the terrain and your missile lock breakers. The same goes for Demitry, who is also very hard to kill while flying a blackbolt with sabotage probe. That is definitely not easy mode. Next time you run into the dreaded premades, just think of yourselves as Sardaukar. You learned to play a particularly difficult, vicious, and unforgiving version of the game. Most pilots quit in the face of that. But those that make it through are particularly competent and deadly pilots for having experienced it.

See you guys out there. And don’t farm the noobs too much. I’m getting tired of 15 minute queues and we need more pilots.

Imp ace Prophecy of the Five missing from the list is Matu. He is a lot better then I am and I have learned a lot from him.

But you fly with him... honestly, as I fly against you both... Matu is decent, but you definitely rank higher on my kill-first list.

But you fly with him... honestly, as I fly against you both... Matu is decent, but you definitely rank higher on my kill-first list.

Please don't quash another nomination. He might not be the highest on your kill priority list but he is noteworthy to someone.

Please don't quash another nomination. He might not be the highest on your kill priority list but he is noteworthy to someone.

Ya, let's not twist this into "I'm quashing a nomination"... I didn't say anything to negate his nomination and gave him props for being good. Way to try to turn that into a negative thing.

Let's just be safe and not discuss the nominations and any particular mental rankings. To me, this is a dig on the nomination. "Oh X is >>>>decent<<<<< but Y is AMAZEBALLS."

Look, I get what you're trying to say and fully support it. HOWEVER, it was CLEARLY said that he didn't think he was AS GOOD as the nominated player. My comment was saying, HE IS THAT GOOD AND, IN MY OPINION, BETTER. So crawl back in your little forum hole and go after somebody that CLEARLY indicates somebody should not be nominated. Enough of this "oh, don't hurt so and so's feelings... they're a sad panda!!!" crapola.

EDIT: This is all I'm going to say... enough derailing.

Edited by Cekis

Zuckerkorn, I know you have posted on this topic and claimed that you are an average pilot. I’d put you as an equal to most of the gunship pilots on this list. I’ve seen you put up damage numbers equal to other listed Ace GS pilots. And you are a lot harder to kill than most of those guys. It probably comes from playing Imp side against all those JC “premades” that some people complain about. A lot of pilots completely fold when facing a bad match up, but you still fly well, making great use of the terrain and your missile lock breakers. The same goes for Demitry, who is also very hard to kill while flying a blackbolt with sabotage probe. That is definitely not easy mode. Next time you run into the dreaded premades, just think of yourselves as Sardaukar. You learned to play a particularly difficult, vicious, and unforgiving version of the game. Most pilots quit in the face of that. But those that make it through are particularly competent and deadly pilots for having experienced it.

Thank you for the kind words. Actually, I was just thinking about this the other day...yes, I mostly do fly the lolship/lolgun combo (though I do jump in a Sting or Blackbolt now and then), and I fully acknowledge that there's less skill required there than with scouts/strikers. But I do think the one thing I've gotten better at is survival, and that's largely because of the impossible odds one faces against the well-organized premades. You really don't have a choice: you have to learn how to survive. And this is just exacerbated by TDM...you die, you lose...staying alive becomes the game. So, anyway, I agree, a bit of trial by fire has probably improved my game.

I'm still trying to figure out who you are Odacervicix

...and I have same question. If we've flown together enough for you to recognize my habits (whether on the same side or not), I must know you in game. Can you give us a clue? No biggie if you prefer to remain anonymous.

One other comment re: faction competition level on JC: it's definitely improving. Yes, imps still get rofl-stomped regularly, but it's much less common. I know many of the good pub pilots have been flying their imp alts (and Odacervicix, I see a couple of those names on your list, but I'm not sure if they want to be "outed") - and this has definitely helped. But I've also seen a much better effort at coordination. Specific shout-out to Scarthen, who you mentioned above, as one pilot who ALWAYS tries to rally/organize the troops pre-match.

One unscientific measure of the improvement (sample size caveats aside): through beta/early access and up until maybe February, I mostly flew as Bøbløblaw, also imp side. Over his 400-ish matches, I only won about 30% of the time. Since then, I've flown as Zuckerkorn about 80% of the time, and over his 400-ish matches (very similar sample size), my winning percentage is nearly 50% (well, 45%). Maybe I've gotten a little better, but I certainly haven't gotten THAT much better.

Well first Matu flies on 4 different toons. After Zuch no body flies the blackbolt better then Matu. I also fly against him when he is on his republic alt and he kicks my *****.

Let me add Lollerskates to the Harbinger list. doesn't matter what she flies shes awesome. either with her or against her I have to take her location and fighter into account whatever strategy I use and map I'm on.

Bashing a team of complete newbies is not really a good example to show someone skills...

well.. ofc but i mentioned that is just first sample i found & i wanted put here not just empty words but some proof... did u think i ss all fights? most ppl here was signed just for someone mention him w/o any proof of skills. besides even in that circumstances his score is impressive, assist especially. he was involved in half shootdowns in that match. & all mine exept one. do the same. u think that rest of team is so behind him just because he got incredible luck in that paricular match?:p oki we fly together allmost evryday last times & i will catch some of his imba score with some worthy opponents if u wanna so badly:P

ToFN rep side

I wanna nominate Urg. He is realy good flyer & wingman with great tac sense which deserve to be mentioned here. Examle of his skills, first at row i found in my ss dir:

http://www.image-share.com/upload/2490/126.jpg

Best regards.

Why do I get the feeling you wanted to post a screenshot of your own performance, and that nominating Urg was just a pretense for doing so?

Either way, you've given me a flimsy pretense to post my own screenshots! Note that in all of them, opponents were actually interspersed with my allies in the scoreboard and--if you subtracted my kills/deaths from the match--the teams would be close to even.

I really don't care about being called out in global threads like this or not, but I am personally a bit weary of seeing post after post praising people for mere competence or noob farming. :p

Why do I get the feeling you wanted to post a screenshot of your own performance, and that nominating Urg was just a pretense for doing so?

Either way, you've given me a flimsy pretense to post my own screenshots! Note that in all of them, opponents were actually interspersed with my allies in the scoreboard and--if you subtracted my kills/deaths from the match--the teams would be close to even.

I really don't care about being called out in global threads like this or not, but I am personally a bit weary of seeing post after post praising people for mere competence or noob farming. :p

O_o i see u bring some scale line for u e-pen:P this make me laugh badly:P i've got much better things to show about myself for example from this tuesday with worthy opponents:P http://www.image-share.com/upload/2491/53.jpg

besides i really dont need more fame coz i've got 3-5+ enemies constantly on me every match allredy & alot of fun from that:P. ss is mine coz i dont think about makin it for someones good scores, just found some good of him in mine funny pics... but u are too stupid to understand this & u search some double bottom well have fun:P

Edited by prokonto

O_o i see u bring some scale line for u e-pen:P this make me laugh badly:P i've got much better things to show about myself for example from this tuesday with worthy opponents:P http://www.image-share.com/upload/2491/53.jpg

besides i really dont need more fame coz i've got 3-5+ enemies contantly on me every match allredy & alot of fun from that:P. ss is mine coz i dont think about makin it for someones good scores, just found some good of him in mine funny pics... but u are too stupid to understand this & u search some double bottom well have fun:P

Meant no serious offense--just ribbing a bit, and maybe trying to raise the standard a little bit for "ace" on these boards :)

And that looks like it was a fun match. :) Good game.

I know English probably isn't your first language, and that's cool. But I really do want to know what "u search some double bottom well have fun" means :D Sounds risque O_O

Meant no serious offense--just ribbing a bit, and maybe trying to raise the standard a little bit for "ace" on these boards :)

And that looks like it was a fun match. :) Good game.

I know English probably isn't your first language, and that's cool. But I really do want to know what "u search some double bottom well have fun" means :D Sounds risque O_O

y thx it was rylly cool one, hope for more of that kind:)

ofc im not eng:P u now... double bottom of bag or chest which hide somethink under:P hope u got it now & im scarry about that what u get to mind about that:eek:

ps: y i understand that part with Ace definition here. so like i promised i catch some worth score of Urg for that purpose quickly, i dont predict any trouble with that:cool:

Edited by prokonto

Either way, you've given me a flimsy pretense to post

my own screenshots!

Note that in all of them, opponents were actually interspersed with my allies in the scoreboard and--if you subtracted my kills/deaths from the match--the teams would be close to even.

such a show off ... i lold

Nominees:

Red Eclipse :

Imp : Kurlag - for his gs carry

Rep: again Scavii - for his never ending bober support

+ in a spirit of my quote i am pointing on my signature to show some fairly recognizible names from Red Eclipse...

cmon guys nominate Thagnnor or Nurraka you know you want to