Aces?

Argonloris

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm active in the class balance threads, and I don't mock people for being whiners in there. Much.

Dude, I don't derail threads. The guy came in and basically stated that a specific player shouldn't be in the ace list because he plays gunship, because gunship gunship gunship whatever. That's him turning this into yet another thread for total crap. We have that thread. A bunch.

Good job not replying to literally anything I said.

I didn't say you mock people for being whiners, or that you derail threads. I said that your responses make situations worse, and that you don't present proper arguments when people point out issues with gunships.

I'm active in the class balance threads, and I don't mock people for being whiners in there. Much.

Dude, I don't derail threads. The guy came in and basically stated that a specific player shouldn't be in the ace list because he plays gunship, because gunship gunship gunship whatever. That's him turning this into yet another thread for total crap. We have that thread. A bunch.

Excuse me, but THIS guy was very much on topic.

Is this not an aces thread? Is the discussion of aces not the subject for this thread. If my definition of an ace does not align with your view, all of a sudden its gunship QQ?

I validated my statement by providing details of my view point, stating why i though gunships pilots were not aces by my definition.

All you did was try to insult me. That's derailing a thread imo.

As you can see, the last pages of this thread were in response to your inappropriate post.

Edited by Yndras

I validated my statement by providing details of my view point, stating why i though gunships pilots were not aces by my definition.

In fairness, your justification was pretty terrible.

Verain's response was not at all appropriate, though.

List is now updated to the current post.

On a side note this is a thread for nomination of aces. If you disagree with someone else's nomination please keep it to yourself and do not try to argue the merits of your definition of ace over the others in this thread.

If people attempt to derail the thread please just skip over that post and continue on, as responding to such tactics only aggravates the situation and doesn't help the overall flow.

This continues to be a thread where the key objective is to commend others for skilled flying and skill in whichever ship(s) they choose to use. It is not a thread to insult others or cause disputes.

To those that have followed those guidelines, you have my thanks and appreciation. And to everyone in both this thread and in the game in general please keep up the good flying.

Verain, you may play other ships, but your main is a GS far as I ever saw, I've seen you maybe twice with a strike, once with a scout 2 and that was in one hell of a one sided match, but you consistently fall back to GS, this may have changed as I haven't seen you play recently though. You also do embrace the GS build of ds, Ion, BR, and you do like to abuse it as hard as possible. You also tend to target anyone who takes issue with GS in these forums like it's a sin, I've seen it many times in my lurking.

You also do embrace the GS build of ds, Ion, BR, and you do like to abuse it as hard as possible.

Of course I play a good build. I don't see your type 2 battle scout with rapid fire lasers and power dive bro.

You also tend to target anyone who takes issue with GS in these forums like it's a sin, I've seen it many times in my lurking.

No, just the ludicrous ones. I don't know anyone on the forums who believes, for instance, that ion railgun is fine.

If you see me switching to Gunship, maybe it's because I like shooting you down from range a whole lot more than I want to play another ship at that moment.

Of course I play a good build. I don't see your type 2 battle scout with rapid fire lasers and power dive bro.

That would be a good build. Power dive and rapid fires are underrated.

You are also derailing the thread again Verain. Please take the discussion to another thread. Perhaps a thread titled "Disagree with Verain here" would be appropriate since you have a growing fan base.

Edited by Yndras

I'm actually not going to sit around and let someone just go to town. I'm not derailing the thread. He posted this morning, and no one- not the OP, not a mod- said anything. So I did.

That would be a good build. Power dive and rapid fires are underrated.

Power dive is trash. The devs know it, and that's why it is the only engine component keeping the 10 second cooldown next patch. You don't run it, and you know why you don't.

Rapids are pretty bad. They are not underrated. I have played a lot with rapids, and I can't make them good. The devs need to. I have a whole thread about that.

You are also derailing the thread again Verain.

No, Vulta is. Take it up with him, not me. I'll respond to call outs, sorry.

Please take the discussion to another thread.

Tell it to the off topic guy calling me out. Not me.

You don't run it, and you know why you don't.

i do actually on my type one scout. I use it BECAUSE no one else does. It is unpredictable and I found I liked it due to the testing i did on the pts for the type 3 strike. Its the default engine ability.

I plan to keep it on the type 3 strike as well.

Rapids are pretty bad. They are not underrated. I have played a lot with rapids, and I can't make them good.

So because you can't make them good, they are bad? To keep this discussion on topic, as you seem to have trouble, I can almost guarantee there is an ace listed in this thread that can make them good.

Im sure they would be more than happy to show you as well.

Edited by Yndras

I plan to keep it on the type 3 strike as well.

Using it next tier will have merit. Using it now because it might surprise someone once? That seems... odd.

So because you can't make them good, they are bad?

That's mostly the size of it. You don't need to, as you assume, be the best guy in the world to make a statement like this. If I was using it and just felt like I wasn't skilled enough, that would be one thing. But there's really no solid reason to use it over light laser ever, and both scouts have that. It has some play on the T1 Strike, where it is still pretty terrible. Anyway, I wrote a thread:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=723029

Join me there if you want to praise RFL.

I'm actually not going to sit around and let someone just go to town. I'm not derailing the thread. He posted this morning, and no one- not the OP, not a mod- said anything. So I did.

No, Vulta is. Take it up with him, not me. I'll respond to call outs, sorry.

Tell it to the off topic guy calling me out. Not me.

No, shut up, you're being f*cking stupid. "I'm getting trolled, it's not my fault" is not an excuse for derailing threads.

Yndras also has a bad habit of responding to sh*t he shouldn't. Both of you need to shut your holes and let derailed topics die.

Edited by Armonddd