Why is everyone asking nerfs for Operative Concealment?

Scriffle

Guys , there is nothing wrong with an Operative Concealment specced dmg wise. Why is everyone whining? They are still squishy as ****.

And the burst is not that incredible? Carnage is better and Assassin too.

Stop being baddies and stop complaining about that spec. :rolleyes:

Guys , there is nothing wrong with an Operative Concealment specced dmg wise. Why is everyone whining? They are still squishy as ****.

Concealment spec does more sustained DPS than carnage marauder. That is wrong.

Carnage is a burst spec. I'm not sure what good it does a concealment operative to parse high on a dumby for 5 minutes when they are lucky to live out of stealth for 30 seconds.

Edited by Technohic

As long as people continue sucking at this game they will continue to ask for nerfs of classes that beat them in PvP. Personally I find this whole thing situation hilarious and no I don't have a 55 operative, yes I have one who's like level 47 and no I'm probably never going to get him to level 55.

The class I think is best balanced for its purpose right now, and has been for quite some time, is sniper. I'd say that ops dps is close second. It pretty much works like I initially imagined sage/sorc would work, bursty but squishy. Now, sage/sorc is pretty average in all departments but ops dps has burst and is really squishy if you catch one out of stealth.

Hence, I see no problem with it.

Concealment operatives are still under-preformed. Ask anybody who actually understands the game and you will get the same response. They do decent burst damage, but still get face-rolled once their opener is over due to having no real defensive abilities as opposed to a shadow. Also unlike a sage (burst dps but squishy) concealment ops are melee and in the very middle of the fight which makes kiting them and dropping them as soon as you see 1 that much easier Edited by Rilok_Singz

How the hell is it wrong? Marauder has the solemn right to be the best DPS in game and everybody else can go **** themselfs or go healer/tank? I don't think Operative is outdpsing Marauder ATM, but even if it did - what should for example Sorc or vigil Guardian say? They're not even anywhere near Marauder with DPS!

A few tooshbags got ganked by 2-3 slightly buffed Operatives, that's all. As if 2-3 ops couldn't do that before... :rolleyes:

The class I think is best balanced for its purpose right now, and has been for quite some time, is sniper. I'd say that ops dps is close second. It pretty much works like I initially imagined sage/sorc would work, bursty but squishy. Now, sage/sorc is pretty average in all departments but ops dps has burst and is really squishy if you catch one out of stealth.

Hence, I see no problem with it.

"bursty but squishy" are not characteristics of functional melee dps. That's why ops will never be a viable dps option, cuz devs think they need to be shady or some BS that makes no friggin sense. When you can take 40-50K damage in 10-15 secs and survive as melee class come talk to me about ops being viable dps.

Weirdly enough, I have done quiet a bit of pvp since 2.6 and I have not seen any warzone that is filled with Operatives, still just lots of warriors like it always has been.

Go to lowbies or 30-54 tier....it's frigging infested...It not the Rakghoul plague...it's the Scouperative Plague LOL

Before 2.6 people were already saturated with the invincible operative heal specc and its 'stealth-roll-heal-8sec-stun-mezz-nocasting-everything-is-instant-uninterruptable' shyte. Concealment is actually okay, but BW should have fixed the heal specc first. People were expecting a slight nerf to the heal specc, but it didn't happen and instead, BW even buffed another operative specc. People on other classes feel deceived.

Before 2.6 people were already saturated with the invincible operative heal specc and its 'stealth-roll-heal-8sec-stun-mezz-nocasting-everything-is-instant-uninterruptable' shyte. Concealment is actually okay, but BW should have fixed the heal specc first. People were expecting a slight nerf to the heal specc, but it didn't happen and instead, BW even buffed another operative specc. People on other classes feel deceived.

Yes, Operative heals are a little over the top (all they really need is harder energy management and I think they'd be fine, also maybe tone down their DCD talents a tad), but Concealment has been, by far, the most nerfed spec in the game. And now, finally, we get a little love, and everyone goes crazy.

Once again, ship dummies do not fight back. If you think the average concealment operative does more DPS in a war zone than pretty much thing other than (maybe) madness assassins, you need a reality check. Torparse doesn't mean anything in PVP. No matter how much you folks want it to mean something in PVP, it will never, ever be true.

Concealment operatives are deception assassins who die twice as fast. Your DPS while sitting behind a forcefield after dying is exactly zero. If carnage doesn't get stunned during gore, at least it will have a nice burst. Concealment is made out of wet paper. Not only is it incredibly easy to shut down, but it has one of the worst glass jaws in the whole game. Any DPS in the game can stop a concealment operative from taking out a healer.

People who think concealment is the master class now don't seem to understand that warzones are not one-on-one duels. You use hidden strike in ranked and then within seconds, you're being focused down because 1) everyone knows you can be killed in seconds once cloaking screen is used up, and 2) they'll probably just assume you're a healer anyway because they have no stances to go by. Yep. I hope Torparse can fight your battles for you once you try taking concealment into ranked areas! :D

Yes, Operative heals are a little over the top (all they really need is harder energy management and I think they'd be fine, also maybe tone down their DCD talents a tad), but Concealment has been, by far, the most nerfed spec in the game. And now, finally, we get a little love, and everyone goes crazy.

As I said above, many people were already tired of chasing seemingly invincible operative healers and they were also tired of operative healer being the only specc in the whole game that is so much better than its competitors (the other heal speccs) that it actually has no alternatives in PvP. Instead of fixing this, BW flooded the WZs with even another operative specc and that's why people are going ballistic. Concealment as such is not OP, but BW should really start fixing the heal specc. If they did, people would stop QQing about operatives.

I think the stealth is a very srong pvp ability so it must be compensated by less dmg made for sins and ops! ...or give the other classes possibilities to detect them, it will be much more funny. But now i see only the invisibles fun game. Edited by Kainozorva

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.