Useless Strike....

Jamalzero

First they came for the Sorcs....and I kept silent

Then they came for the Powertechs...and I kept silent

Then they came for the Snipers... and I kept silent

but by the time they came for my Mara...they game had gone silent:rolleyes:

Meanwhile the impact of the class "balancing" on PvE players seems to never be taken into consideration :(

Edited by BaronV

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't have my finger on the pulse of the game, but wouldn't a lot of the problems for soloing and "this is supposed to be an orbital strike" be fixed by making it a heroic moment ability and giving something else that isn't constrained by a need to both have a use for PvE endgame and the previous associations of an orbital bombardment?

I still find OS useful to fight trash and daily mobs. Sure, it doesn't kill things, but it keeps them from fighting back for the duration (unless they're Strong or harder) and I can bring them down with a couple of Carbine Bursts and Thermal Grenades.

Thats one trash pack that does less damage to me than others, especially since on an Op, I'd rather take a tank than a healer comp.

Not saying that the damage nerf was fine, but it's not totally wasted when used.

Edited by jkuhl

And your point is ?

Yes it does, just because the ability is no longer an "I win" ability it doesn't mean it no longer do it's intended role.

When it goes from one end of the spectrum to "whiffle bat" it IS no longer doing it's intended role. That is what is called combat ineffective.

I think it merely changed function from a damaging ability to a stun ability. I still find it useful for standard units because you can use it fairly often. It also still has a scare effect in PvP although I myself dont move out of the way anymore when it is cast on me.

Not sure why they did it though...

I think it merely changed function from a damaging ability to a stun ability. I still find it useful for standard units because you can use it fairly often. It also still has a scare effect in PvP although I myself dont move out of the way anymore when it is cast on me.

Not sure why they did it though...

It was a scare tactic before… now its like meh… when people used to see OS casting they either moved out of it or stun/interrupted the channel of OS… now I've seen people (1) sit in my OS and not give a flying F*** or (2) let me get the cast off completely ignore me and still try to defuse the bomb/cap a node/attack me while the OS is shooting on the enemies in PvP… It doesn't do enough damage to be a scare tactic it caps at 4k…….