Vigilance still a wet noodle

Ren_simp

The changes to the masters strike reset procc is nice and all

But plasma brand is still weak did it even get a damage increase because I'm not seeing it

For a spec that relies on a channeled ability to do damage

And only 1gap closer our overhead slash and or plasma brand need to be in the 10kcrit potential like

Sweep is

Looks like its back to focus...

get a healer you will become immortal! If you haven't figured out how to charge to a target and destroy it then get back to your group the class is not for you.

Says the guy who has so far complained about every single spec in this game.

The surge talents from rage need to be moved over to vengeance.

Yeah it's retarded I run with 87% surge In focus Switch to vig and I'm sub 74% in the same gear

I look at vigilance like arms warriors from wow in the bc wotlk era

They had 1gap closer limited uptime but their saving grace was when they made contact they hit like a truck

Vigilance needs to hit harder with at least one of its attacks

get a healer you will become immortal! If you haven't figured out how to charge to a target and destroy it then get back to your group the class is not for you.

Any class with a competent healer becomes immortal when facing noobs like you

Edited by Ren_simp

Yeah it's retarded I run with 87% surge In focus Switch to vig and I'm sub 74% in the same gear

I look at vigilance like arms warriors from wow in the bc wotlk era

They had 1gap closer limited uptime but their saving grace was when they made contact they hit like a truck

Vigilance needs to hit harder with at least one of its attacks

The auto crit scream needs a surge talent. It's silly that when scream crits in rage spec I get like 7k screams but in vengeance its like 4-5k....

Finally had a chance to try out the changes to vigi, was very happy with the changes to masterstrike and the (small) increase on plasma brand was nice.

I understand that our numbers are not going to touch smash, but we are inline with combat/carnage; gore gives that spec more burst but I find that an acceptable trade off for the extra control, cc immunity, and taunts.

With a slightly better version of focused defense I would opt for vigi over combat any day of the week.

The solution to vengeance , is pretty easy . Give the tree , a "Sever" equivalent that affects Force Scream and the initial damage from Shatter.

30% critical damage bonus on these 2 would fix the issue of proper burst damage.

Also , remove the bleed from Scream and put the damage in Impale's bleed , so we have 2 proper dots that we have to look out for.

With the changes i listed above , and with a removal of the rage cost for activating Enraged Defense , the tree would be freaking fantastic IMHO.

Edited by Kayriel
Typos

also seems a bit sloppy that the middle tree is 46 points vs the other two trees having 42 and 40 points.

there isn't another skill tree in the game that has so many slots

combine some of the traits together to make it a 44 point or maybe even three skills together to make it a 42 point tree.

I would be fine with Draining Scream and Eviscerate being combined into one 2 point slot, this would bring the skill point in this tree down to the same as Carnage/Combat

I have played vigilance the most over the past couple of days. It is not bad dps wise, but still suffers from lack of uptime on target. You are very easily kitted and roots, snares impair your dps significantly, but the damage is decent if I can stay on the target. It is good enough for regs, and semi competitive. The spec either needs better uptime on target or more burst to be effective and enraged defense needs fix for its resource consumption and life should be good.

Finally had a chance to try out the changes to vigi, was very happy with the changes to masterstrike and the (small) increase on plasma brand was nice.

I understand that our numbers are not going to touch smash, but we are inline with combat/carnage; gore gives that spec more burst but I find that an acceptable trade off for the extra control, cc immunity, and taunts.

With a slightly better version of focused defense I would opt for vigi over combat any day of the week.

Unfortunately My friend, we are not in line with carnage at all. I play both pretty much equally and my chars are equally geared; yet, my marauder has better mobility and the burst is 3 times (if not more better) I'm not even kidding. The time it takes me to kill somebody is a sheer proof of that.

2 Massacres do around the same, if not more damage, than 1 non-crit Impale...My force scream as carnage hits for twice the amount that it does in vengeance (8-10K's as carnage in comparison to 4-5K's as vengeance) and unlike Vengeance that can get kited without many issues, the fact that I can perma-predation during a fight, if needed, and the root on crippling throw make me a living nightmare to anything that tries to kite me and my teammates. The only thing vengeance has more is the potential control from the fact that you can time your ravage root and that unstoppable gives you more immunity...

I have long advocated for Surge Bonuses to Force Scream, Impale and shatter, seeing how they have moderately long cooldowns; yet, it seems like we won't be getting those anytime soon. I mean, even built-in slows on our DoTs would be good. But then...we'd probably become insanely OP like operatives just became with 2.6 :rolleyes:

The root on ms with the reset is lol in huttball that's all I can say

Ball carrier isn't moving anywhere with me on them.

^This of course is one of the reasons why we all love vengeance :jawa_wink:

Edited by Tevzz

The changes to the masters strike reset procc is nice and all

But plasma brand is still weak did it even get a damage increase because I'm not seeing it

For a spec that relies on a channeled ability to do damage

And only 1gap closer our overhead slash and or plasma brand need to be in the 10kcrit potential like

Sweep is

Looks like its back to focus...

Everything hits like a noodle when you compare to focus.

The root on ms with the reset is lol in huttball that's all I can say

Ball carrier isn't moving anywhere with me on them.

..and that promotes skillful PvP game play how? Root into root from just 1 player? I came to the conclusion all who play this build are one eye monkeys who tunnel vision action bar and lack the basic skill of staying on target in melee PvP game play...

Edited by Cempa

..and that promotes skillful PvP game play how? Root into root from just 1 player? I came to the conclusion all who play this build are one eye monkeys who tunnel vision action bar and lack the basic skill of staying on target in melee PvP game play...

Lol. You're so bad. Please keep posting. Not only are you clueless, but your analogies are just terrible.

You're fkn garbage get off these forums and L2P.

Lol. You're so bad. Please keep posting. Not only are you clueless, but your analogies are just terrible.

TBH, I have gotten to the point where I question if he is not just a clever troll, who gets a kick out all this.

I refuse to believe that somebody who can articulate himself is that clueless unless it is on purpose. I mean his postings are just gold.