Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

1.0.1 high prority bug fixes, LOL?

Shurax

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played Rift on launch and I'm telling you it didn't have ANY annoying or game breaking bug, likw swtor has.

Yes, it had bugs but they were minor glitches, nothing pissing you off.

Maybe it didn't have game breaking bugs, but it had horrible balancing. Press 1 five times then press 2 boom dead!

Or

Healers that couldn't be killed, but could kill you quickly etc.

Nothing in SWTOR is game breaking it will be fixed soon, go cry somewhere else plz.

Come on guys. As any good development team out there, there are multiple teams working on bugs out there with each their own specialty. The fixes that have been released so far have just been easier to resolve than the others you talk about.

They are working on it I'm sure.

That's what I was told over and over in beta...

I had the same issue, guild leader with no guild chat/officer chat. I had just patched the beta client and not uninstalled/reinstalled for release. I did a fresh install yesterday and it fixed it for me, so give that a try it may work for you too.

Please, listen to this man with his wonderful logic.

Watching people rage here is like watching a mob of ignorance rioting in the streets.

So explain us why RIFT had ZERO bugs on release ?

Wasnt RIFT an MMORPG ? (btw i quited rift and im not fan of it,still it had the best release)

To the topic:

Fully agree with the OP. Their priorities seem to be different from what the players want.

This is VERY VERY BAD for the game.

I wish people would actually do a little research and quit making crazy statements like this...

Rifts Patch notes - FROM Trion

http://forums.riftgame.com/official-rift-news/patch-notes/index3.html

I would suggest looking through their "Bug Free" launch hotfix / patch notes. There was even an EXPLOIT that they had to turn off an ability... OHHHHH but yeah, they had 0 bugs at launch.

For those looking for the SWTOR patch notes, can always be found here:

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

I think the reason people are having the biggest cow is that BW said they were high priority updates, and then they see something like "Added rest of the baby names to credits." While it might not seem important, who knows how important it really is. You might not think it's important, but it could have been in people's contracts and - breech of contract and paying out fines, etc... to them would be more important than adding "additional" features to the UI.

Also, something that might take 5 minutes to fix such as "adding names to a text file" is better to do to get the quick and easy ones out of the way, so they can work on the issues that are going to use more resources.

Many of these features people want will eventually be added, ie searching the GTN better, but not all of them remember, this is a VERY large IP and there are certain things Lucas aint gonna allow, and certain things have to be a certain way. have to take all that into consideration.

I do play on maximum graphics though I run it in windowed fullscreen so I can easily thumbs down songs on pandora... I will admit that there are occasional stutters but they only last a split second and are generally only after just entering the fleet... I don't know what to tell you...

I am only running i7 980x with 10gigs of corsair dominator RAM and 2x GTX470's... Far cry from what I could have purchased for the 3,000 you spent... perhaps you are on AMD using Radeon... they often have problems being the underdog.

My gaming rigg

Proc: Intel Core i7-990X 3.46GHz 12MB extr

grapic: 2x Point of View GTX 590 3072 MB

MotherBoard: Asus RAMPAGE IV EXTREME/BF3

Monitor Philips 27 inch tft 273P3LPHES LED

And stil my frame raids dops. dude to 25

Maybe it didn't have game breaking bugs, but it had horrible balancing. Press 1 five times then press 2 boom dead!

Or

Healers that couldn't be killed, but could kill you quickly etc.

Nothing in SWTOR is game breaking it will be fixed soon, go cry somewhere else plz.

I dunno, but I would say people not being able to complete class quests and raid frames always showing people at 100% health are pretty game breaking.

Have you tried healing in this game?

• 1 month later...
You must be 12yo NO BUGS on release? I work for one of the biggest most successful SaaS companies in the US we have way more money and probably hundreds more developers then Bioware and we have bugs.

Get it straight EVERY piece of software has bugs even MAC there is no software that exists without bugs.

There is this thing its called the real world welcome to it... servers need to be patched not just the application running on the servers but the underlying operating system as well. Thats just the servers then there are patches related to the networking equipment which supports the infrastructure the firewalls the switches etc.. and guess what ALL of those have bugs too!!

Recognition or plans to fix is not much to ask for. To change code around several times over to cater to a person QQ'n about pvp is not the direction I want to see them go.

My concern is they try to please the folks that will always complain and turn this into a shallow dull game. I've worked with programmers and written several elementary programs myself so the fact that there are difficult errors to find and fix is common sense.

I expect to be inconvienced by bugs in new software but I also expect to be kept informed that they are trying to correct them.

Is this a bad joke? In the time from beta to now you only managed to include these few insignificant bug fixes?

How about fixing the raid frame bug (health bars not updating) that is game breaking.

Or characters getting stuck when zoning into already completed class missions.

Or the sith corruption always turning on after zoning.

Or party always disbanding upon entering a warfront.

Or a bug with shadows maybe assassins too allowing them to capture control points in warfronts in 1.5 seconds after popping out of stealth.

The fixes will come, there's no doubt about that, the question is when, and i can't provide that answer, you just have to be patient.

Recognition or plans to fix is not much to ask for. To change code around several times over to cater to a person QQ'n about pvp is not the direction I want to see them go.

My concern is they try to please the folks that will always complain and turn this into a shallow dull game. I've worked with programmers and written several elementary programs myself so the fact that there are difficult errors to find and fix is common sense.

I expect to be inconvienced by bugs in new software but I also expect to be kept informed that they are trying to correct them.

this is about a patch that happened before christmas

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.