Post here if you've found your new MMO of choice!

Kudegras

Love the game and it's uniqueness.

Much prefer the storyline missions than the old grind of quests.

The music draws you in emphasizing the action.

Love having companions that are able to contribute.

My own hanger and spaceship makes me feel I have a home away from home.

No dragons, no orcs, no goblins, no nonsense - yeah!

Decisions are strategy, build relationships and storyline - perfect.

Cancelled Rift this morning, especially after receiving notifications that their account database was hacked.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my new MMO of choice. Haven't really played one in about a year and a half. Kind of got tired of them for a bit. Leave it to Bioware to find a way to pull me back in. For me, the story is everything. Suddenly those "go here, click this" quests don't feel like a chore, but like something I feel like I must do!! After all, people are in peril.

The gameplay is tight. At first when I played I thought "WoW in space", I'm not gonna lie. I was viewing it through the WoW lense. Then, sometime around level 9 or so on my Jedi, it clicked. I stopped looking at this as an MMO with Star Wars, and I saw it as a Bioware game. Call me a fanboy if you wish, I really don't care for labels. I know a quality gaming company when I see it, and I'll use 30+ years of video game experience as my mark, not random internet giberish.

So here is my formula, and why this game will be my new MMO home for a while to come....

Bioware + MMO mechanics done WELL + Star Wars (Fantasy + Sci Fi = win) = One Happy Gamer. Hell, this game pulled me away from Skyrim. That's sayin' something.

Thanks Bioware, another quality product. You are forgiven for DA2. =0)

I quit that "other" MMO a little over a year ago and have been playing DCUO off and on since it went free to play, but that's about it. This one has managed to suck me back in though and I've already purchased 2 60-day game cards. I'll be here for a while. :o

i will play this game instead of WoW..... However i feel greatly concerned, since Chuck Norris approves of WoW. I fear he might come for revenge, and i don't know if Bioware intends to provide us with protection!!:eek:

Commander Shepard owns Chuck Norris. Yeah, I said it. *looks around warily for a roundhouse kick*

i will play this game instead of WoW..... However i feel greatly concerned, since Chuck Norris approves of WoW. I fear he might come for revenge, and i don't know if Bioware intends to provide us with protection!!:eek:

I hear they hired Darth Vader.

OT: Liking it so far.

My god Sketchy, I really pity you, I hope you find something in your life that's worth breathing for one day...

Oh and I LOVE this game!! :)

Any more I just read past the sketchy posts as I am sure the devs do as well, his posts are like he claims the game is, little entertainment value and no useful content. but enough of that...

This is my new home for awhile. I love Star Wars, I have yet to find a Bioware product I havent liked. Yes I wish EA wasn't involved because up till now they have the death touch in general. As an adult with children I have learned patience is generally rewarded and I can wait for a few months for the minor issues I have with the game to be fixed.

Yes, most definitely have found my new MMO home with Star Wars: The Old Republic! Have played quite a number of them over the last 15 years, and quite honestly none have ever given me the enjoyment I'm having here. Excellent game and I'm here to stay. :)

QFT! This game is incredible. I hope Bioware keeps adding content of this quality or better!

I want to like this game, but it just feels old

Gods, must you show up in every positive post about tis game whining?

Go away. Please. You raced to 50 thinking the gaem began there and missed the entire game. We get it

Can someone please give ShadySketchy an arrow to the knee so he will leave?

People tend to get out of MMOs what they put into them. If you grind up past the content to 50 you'll get bored quickly. If you just enjoy the game for what it is, it will be fun. I can say that about any MMO I've played, and like a lot of people here that's a really long list.

Realize a few things:

1) It's new. There are some bugs you can bet the Biowareteam is working hard on fixing. That said, it's fairly polished for a game that technically launched so few days ago you can count them on one hand.

2) It's Star Wars. A long time ago in a galaxy.... This feels like Star Wars, but not like A New Hope (which is shouldn't feel like). There are tons of jedi/sith, and tons of blaster wielding players. The story is pretty true to the era the game lies in. All good here.

3) There's lots to do if you're not speed grinding to level cap. Main story line. Side stories. Crafting. Space missions. PvP.

4) It's an MMO. If some of it feels like other MMOs that's because Bioware, like all other MMO dev shops, has learned from other games what works, and has tried to go off the beaten path enough to make the game interesting. Maybe it's unique enough for you to not be reminded of other games, maybe not. That's up to you, and what you decide to get out of it.

I suppose that's my usual response to people when they complain about a game, but it holds true (for me) in every MMO I've played.

I'll be playing this one for quite a while I'm sure, and have cancelled subs to other games.

Cheers,

Omnomnom, the fat BH

Honestly, I thought that this game would be a dissapointment. I was pleasantly suprised when I played it and is probably the MMO I'm going to keep playing. I actually uninstalled WOW and RIFT from my computer and even though I have subscription time left on them, I cancelled.

I agree with the previous posters, for some reason, the quests don't feel like a grind, but feel like you're part of a story. I don't care who bashes this game, or whether TOR will overtake WOW, yada, yada, yada. None of my concern. All I know is I'll be playing for a while.

Have to say, very well done Bioware. I should have seen this coming since KOTOR I was addicting as well.