PvP Healing, by far the worst experience I've ever had as a gamer

rawkus

I don't doubt that healing an unorganized bunch of ******e is beyond challenging in this game... but shouldn't it be? Do you really want it to be different? Think about it.

I would suggest that the game design of Huttball doesn't promote organization and optimal play. But that's off-topic.

During a match, I do my own assessment of value to the team, and if someone is very valuable, they get MVP. In all other scenarios, I MVP healing and protection.

Very rarely does anyone have anything but 0 in the protection column. Usually, Kills and Damage get most medals and overall MVPs. Not only is it frustrating, but there's little appreciation of good healing - even in the games' own PVP reward calculations and mechanics.

Edited by Chalta

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would suggest that the game design of Huttball doesn't promote organization and optimal play. But that's off-topic.

During a match, I do my own assessment of value to the team, and if someone is very valuable, they get MVP. In all other scenarios, I MVP healing and protection.

Very rarely does anyone have anything but 0 in the protection column.

I agree with the first comment. I absolutely despise Huttball. It actually takes away so much from my game experience that I just refrain from playing it unless im incredibly bored or so of my buddies want to zerg.

Who cares about MvP votes. Just win the *********** map and get on with it. 1 good healer can make all the difference. 1 ****** healer is just as pointless as the 80% of ppl in the warzone already... just more fodder. They'll get better or they'll just go PvE some "bosses".

Stats in a video game are pointless. Winning justifies everything. This debate wasn't meant to be focused on MVP votes, I was just trying to defend Biowares belief that healing should be difficult and require discretion.

I'm rank 20, I know, not that great, but I swear to god I NEVER see another healer on the opposing team (I'm a smuggler sawbones healer). I, like others, absolutely hate huttball, cannot keep the carrier up at all. In PvP in this game the damage output is seriously high so you have to spam your hardest hitting heals because of all the burst going out but that will lead you out of energy very very quickly, rendering you completely helpless. Hey, at least you'll regain your energy when you die shortly afterwards :D

I'm not sure if this is normal or not but it is very VERY difficult to heal just through one dps beating on someone, what's the point of healing then? Either damage is overpowered (from certain classes at least) or healing is underpowered. I'm willing to put my bets on the former.

BTW, that raid frames thing is just ridiculous.

I'm rank 20, I know, not that great, but I swear to god I NEVER see another healer on the opposing team (I'm a smuggler sawbones healer). I, like others, absolutely hate huttball, cannot keep the carrier up at all. In PvP in this game the damage output is seriously high so you have to spam your hardest hitting heals because of all the burst going out but that will lead you out of energy very very quickly, rendering you completely helpless. Hey, at least you'll regain your energy when you die shortly afterwards :D

I'm not sure if this is normal or not but it is very VERY difficult to heal just through one dps beating on someone, what's the point of healing then? Either damage is overpowered (from certain classes at least) or healing is underpowered. I'm willing to put my bets on the former.

Not true... I tihnk the power of healing is perfect. Level up and play more and you'll be incredibly vvaluable.

This is the trend in pvp for healers.

1) You are ecpected to follow everyone else and be there healbot

2) You are expected to heal everyone else and tank the other team

3) You are suppose to defend yourself while tanking 3+ players and healing your team

4) You are not expected to survive one vs one when all healers are focussed fired all the time.

Best advice I can give is do not go healing and go dps with enough heals for yourself.

Healing is neither appreciated or wanted. Frag fests is what pvp has become in every game.

I absolutely agree. Kinda regretting my decision to be a Sage, might roll a dps class (any really, it doesn't really matter) and actually be able to accomplish something worthwhile.

It's PvP in an MMO, so DPS classes are always overpowered. If not at launch then shortly after once all the frag-heads complain about not being able to one-shot people.

being a tank or a dps spec'ed healer is vastly more effective pvp than playing a supportive healer spec char...

played commando AND sage by 40, has NOT made the problems any better, while I'm hoping that at 50 heals somehow get magically stronger (maybe tech/force power gear?), getting the end tier helped but... still the core problem is the same: magnitude of heals is simply too low.

everyone saying "its only at lower level" and "l2p" and all that jazz, simply do NOT have a clue, and the people who justify being carried by premade teams vs pugs, are even more "irregular" in their reasoning.

fact to the matter is, realizing healing is weak, doesnt mean we want god mode wow druid healing, I played alot of MMo's to know when something is over the top (druid wow case) and when something is underwhelming (ToR healers)

issues like the frames, and other logistical issues are very bad, but will be fixed fast I think, the worst, is cheer magnitude... a healer CANNOT out-heal a single dps in similiar "stage" (gear/level/skill) even if he doesnt CC you, a healer CANNOT stand in a 2v2 scenario against a balanced "stage" team... its actually preferable and much more ffective to play, for exemple a dps sage/inq throwing heals only when not focused or when enemy is CC'ed than to actually spec for healing and be a combat healer.

and here's the kicker.... its actually more effective to be a dps spec'ed tank than to be a healer, you mitigate almost as much, if not more, dmg than a healer can heal in almost all situations, and you do so while doing much higher dps than any healer, doing much more objectives, surviving longer.

I'm sure people started to notice those jugs(lol) and guards getting top scores in warzones with hefty awards/medal counts.

given the current zerg-mode of every BG, imagine if you had 8 healers spamhealing 1 person, because in essence that's what happens in every warzone most of the time. Namely 1 target being hit by 3 - 10 attackers. It's what happens when 60% or something of your classes can switch targets with almost no delay.

Healing is really gear dependant unless your not been focused, i also heard healing is nerfed by 30% in pvp? not sure if thats 100% true tho.

People blow this out of proportion because of a debuff that results in -30% healing after recently being in combat. They forget to include the part that it's not active permanently.

I'm waiting on a full set of PVP gear before properly making my judgments on PVP healing in this game, but from what I've seen right now, it's quite bad.

Between the awful UI, the high amounts of damage which I'm hoping will be fixed with PVP gear (note: horrible players shouldn't be able to global a healer, it should take some modicum of skill from the dps), Huttball (worst invention ever) and the absurd amounts of knock backs/stuns/pulls it isn't that great of an experience.

People blow this out of proportion because of a debuff that results in -30% healing after recently being in combat. They forget to include the part that it's not active permanently.

It's active for a full minute after engaging in combat. It is also procced by healing players who are in combat. If you're playing properly, there is no reason it would ever fade away.

Edited by Chalta

I don't even get why people are saying healers were OP in WoW--granted I only played till wotlk. I mean they were difficult to kill but with CCs it was very doable and its not like the healer could kill easily. Healers were uncommon enough in BGs as it was. Imagine what would happen with a -30% debuff. They'd be nonexistent. Now while healers were uncommon in BGs, in this game they feel even rarer. There is practically no point in having a healer altogether. Edited by AltusImperator

If your expecting to be able to face tank 3+ dps like in wow its just not gonna happen. However as a lvl 34 sith inquis healer my advice is really learn to run away especially in hutball. Ive solo killed dps by dropping to the sprint and running to the heal canisters while dotting/shocking. Dont face tank and youll be fine.

The UI can be a bit tricky, but honestly I'm glad, as a healer, that in order for the person I'm trying to save to live, they need me not only healing, but actively involved in their fight as CC or occasional burst damage to finish a baddy.

I'm glad it's nearly impossible to keep up a dps in the face of 2 opponents unless they are mowing through them and playing smart.

I love that chance I can lose to DPS one on one, and for me to live, I have to blow cool-downs.

You have to be an active participant in the fight as a healer in this game. Your true value hinges not on the HPS, but on the whole package you bring to the fight.

I agree. I tried healing on a sage and on a commando; granted they are only lvl 25, but the experience sucked big time. Healing is utterly useless.

How can one DPS bring you down so quickly? You cannot even come close to out healing is damage. That is not right.

How can one DPS bring you down so quickly? You cannot even come close to out healing is damage. That is not right.

Not right? Being able to outheal a lot of damage is not right. If you do not protect your healers -> you're down, right after the healer died. Fact since PVP was introduced properly. Don't know where you PVP'd all the time, but spamming heal and hoping to survive is not gonna work.

You people QQing about healers being too "weak" must either A) be level 20 B) suck or C) suck.

I didn't start healing until I hit level 50 but I love it so far(Operative). It takes 3+ people to kill me if I kite and use LoS/stuns, etc, and 1v2 I can even solo people. Healing must suck!

You people QQing about healers being too "weak" must either A) be level 20 B) suck or C) suck.

I didn't start healing until I hit level 50 but I love it so far(Operative). It takes 3+ people to kill me if I kite and use LoS/stuns, etc, and 1v2 I can even solo people. Healing must suck!

Hey guys, I hit level 50 and then use my experiences against bad lvl 20s as an example of class balance. Who am I?

I think most of this problem comes from the horrible balance of PVP, I mean, how do you allow lvl 50s compete aganist a lousy lvl 20? That's why I've chosen to wait until my char get to lvl 40 to even try my first match.

The PvP aspect of this game is not very attractive to me anyways.

Try playing a healer with 2.5s cast heals and light armor. Maybe you forgot the 4th option: D) They are sorcerers without instant cast heals (well, 1 HoT that heals 200 per tick), 40% damage reduction and many stuns.

Healers include mercs and sorcerers too, not only operatives, and I'm sure it's easy to survive with instant heals and heavy/medium armor, but not so easy when you take 3k+ damage and everyone can interrupt your 2.5s heals easily.