[Bug] Kuat Drives Flashpoint bugs

DarthVengeant

1) Abilities randomly lagging sometimes up to 5 seconds. For example, I hit an ability, but it doesn't register. I see my toon doing the moves, but the enemy takes no damage, and then the game plays catch up after about 5 or so seconds. No red bars for connection, full bars. I have experienced this each time I have ran the FP across 3 different toon's who are each different classes. I ran another a different FP to check if it was somehow my connection and that ran just fine. AS soon as I went to another toon and did the new FP I got the random ability lag again. It is only in this FP.

2) Main quest line to talk to the captain (for the end of the questline you start in the hangar) after you get in the Flashpoint does not update if you are in a group. You have to wait until you are done with the FP, pick up the "Start FP" from droid and re-enter alone to speak to her and get the credit and rewards, then exit. This has happened on 2 of my toons now.

Thanx.

Edited by DarthVengeant

Got this bug on my rep alt - he is 48 lvl, therefore can't get quest from droid and enter solo (you need to be 55).

Also noticed that I didn't get codex entry for Fleet Admiral Aygo.

So, blocked from ending quest and getting purple rep thing now :(

Edited by FREIMENSCH

I can confirm both bugs.

1) It looks like the server is too busy and unable to respond for a few seconds. Therefore, enemies will stop attacking, other players stop moving and you can't press abilities until the lag is over. This only happens in the Kuat flashpoint and no other areas, and I am pretty sure it already happened in the afternoon when the server was not yet full.

2) The same happened to me; I had to enter the flashpoint by myself to complete that quest.

1) Abilities randomly lagging sometimes up to 5 seconds. For example, I hit an ability, but it doesn't register. I see my toon doing the moves, but the enemy takes no damage, and then the game plays catch up after about 5 or so seconds. No red bars for connection, full bars. I have experienced this each time I have ran the FP across 3 different toon's who are each different classes. I ran another a different FP to check if it was somehow my connection and that ran just fine. AS soon as I went to another toon and did the new FP I got the random ability lag again. It is only in this FP.

2) Main quest line to talk to the captain (for the end of the questline you start in the hangar) after you get in the Flashpoint does not update if you are in a group. You have to wait until you are done with the FP, pick up the "Start FP" from droid and re-enter alone to speak to her and get the credit and rewards, then exit. This has happened on 2 of my toons now.

Thanx.

1) is server lag

2) confirmed, is a bug

Some workaround I found for not-55 toons:

1) Enter FP with Group Finder - you will got a mission for fp

2) Leave FP - so the mission will remain in mission log

3) Enter solo - speak with NPC and get your quest/codex entry done

No need to go through all that, just pick the mission up from the droid right beside the door, and go in alone and get reward.

No need to go through all that, just pick the mission up from the droid right beside the door, and go in alone and get reward.

That only works if you are level 55...although, I ran through with a few lowbie alts and here's what I noticed:

1) I entered by "take a shuttle" and then exited and left group, and then I could re-enter solo and complete quest (noted above)

2) I queued GF and waited for pop, and then entered manually (entrance will go purple) instead of "take shuttle", and was successful. HOWEVER, I initiated the conversation also (i.,e., I did not use the Join Conversation option). Thus, for the first PC dialog, I was chosen -- the Admiral will address the party, and one member will respond, but there is no dialog choice or visible roll to determine.

I suspect that 1/4 players (whoever the FP considers to have started the conversation, and thus is the person who responds to the admiral) gets to successfully complete without having to exit/re-enter.

1) every single flashpoint (or a group of them) have a different server. Too many people running KD = lag. This is how are working istance.

Last night me and few Guildies tested this. All 3 of us got ability delays, sometimes up to 10 seconds long. Then, we went and did a different FP and no ability lag.

If this was on the server, it would effect ALL Flashpoints, not just one. The only problem is with KD, not the server.

About No. 2 , my experience last night was that with a level 55 and using group finder with all 3 missions selected , this one , meltdown and labs. Then basically the talking to part of the mission never worked. Now with a non-55 with just this FP selected ( as it was the only option for the new category ) , worked 2 times , fully. So make of that what you will and I will test this out more. It is bugged though for sure at 55 especially in my experience.

Cheers ,

BadOrb.

About No. 2 , my experience last night was that with a level 55 and using group finder with all 3 missions selected , this one , meltdown and labs. Then basically the talking to part of the mission never worked. Now with a non-55 with just this FP selected ( as it was the only option for the new category ) , worked 2 times , fully. So make of that what you will and I will test this out more. It is bugged though for sure at 55 especially in my experience.

Cheers ,

BadOrb.

Use the droid next to the FP entrance to get the FP mission (only 55s can do this, that's the main problem), enter the FP all by yourself, have the conversation, the quest should complete and give you your rewards. Exit and abandon the quest or join GF to run it with others (you may have to reset the instance).

If you use GF, you must select "Travel Later" and then manually enter the instance (everybody can do this, not just 55s). Once in the FP, make sure to click the admiral directly (don't just Join Conversation); even then, you might not be credited for completing the mission unless you are the party member the Admiral addresses or you win the one dialog speaking roll. If it doesn't complete, exit the instance (I also quit group) but DO NOT abandon the mission; you can now enter the FP manually and do the conversation by yourself (even if you aren't level 55).

Use the droid next to the FP entrance to get the FP mission (only 55s can do this, that's the main problem), enter the FP all by yourself, have the conversation, the quest should complete and give you your rewards. Exit and abandon the quest or join GF to run it with others (you may have to reset the instance).

If you use GF, you must select "Travel Later" and then manually enter the instance (everybody can do this, not just 55s). Once in the FP, make sure to click the admiral directly (don't just Join Conversation); even then, you might not be credited for completing the mission unless you are the party member the Admiral addresses or you win the one dialog speaking roll. If it doesn't complete, exit the instance (I also quit group) but DO NOT abandon the mission; you can now enter the FP manually and do the conversation by yourself (even if you aren't level 55).

Ah there's some good work arounds there thank you. Yeah I was talking to the droid after finishing the FP and going in on my own just to get the convo to work but felt it a bit shady as I wasn't finishing the mission , even though I had done so a few mins before , if that makes sense. I will try your other methods too , next time and times.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Level 55 doing Kuat FP. One of the early sections where you gather codes to assemble the Starship. Each time I used a console to select the ship parts, my companion would be dismissed.

Also, like others are experiencing, frequent lag delays of several seconds.

There is another bug besides the two mentioned in this thread.

The daily Quest to do a random flashpoint using group finder doesn't get credited when doing KDY.

Tested this on 3 diferent chars same on all.

Also those Lag/frezzes are felt by everyone on KDY so must be a problem of the Flashpoint specifically

And the quest i noticed i didnt get credit for it so i just ran the FP again :p Since many ppl where trying it, it poped quite fast.

The lags were also happening at 3am today, when there wre only 17 players in Kuat Drive Yards and the servers could not be overloaded. There must be some thing in the new flashpoint that causes these lags. I am thinking that this only happens when you are in group and not so much when you solo it, but I could be mistaken. Edited by Jerba

I know there are workaround and such but is there any ETA on a fix?

I also experienced this bug on my level 30s Sage and had to use Group Finder to re-enter the Flashpoint to get the rewards. Its such a shame since I was hoping to run it multiple times for XP and the achievements.... :(

The lags were also happening at 3am today, when there wre only 17 players in Kuat Drive Yards and the servers could not be overloaded. There must be some thing in the new flashpoint that causes these lags. I am thinking that this only happens when you are in group and not so much when you solo it, but I could be mistaken.

Perhaps.

May I add a #4 to this?

4) If you are under level 55 and level in Kuat, you temporarily lose your bolstered health after you allot your earned skill point. You place the point and have to recuperate or get healed to your bolstered HPs. For example, if you enter with 5,000 HP, and are bolstered to 26,000 then level/place point, you go back to 5,000 HP and have to heal up to 26,000.

It's not game-breaking, just a touch inconvenient.

The lags were also happening at 3am today, when there wre only 17 players in Kuat Drive Yards and the servers could not be overloaded. There must be some thing in the new flashpoint that causes these lags. I am thinking that this only happens when you are in group and not so much when you solo it, but I could be mistaken.

i've experienced the same lag when running it solo multiple times. even at times like 3am when there are about 20 players in that instance.