Flyby Nerf

Waulfa

I am confused about the Flyby Nerf. From what I've heard Bioware either thought Gunslingers were just way to powerful in pvp (joke) or that Flyby was being used as a single target damage. So they nerfed it. Not only did they make it so you wouldn't use it as a single target damage, but now it useless as an AOE also. Example: Flyby now does 3901 damage in 12 seconds. Sweeping Gunfire does around 5000 damage in 3 seconds and Thermal Grenade does 2500 damage instantly What is the point of flyby? To take the one singular feature of the Gunslinger that made him worthwhile playing and totally destroy it make no sense. Even if people were using it as a single target damage, so what? it cost more energy then any other attack and the cool down was long enough where it couldn't be part of rotation. Why not just get rid of it all together if you going to make it totally useless? Really bioware, you need to get some people that actually play the game involved in the programing.

I'm out of here, time for EQ2. Goodbye.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does elemental damage, so it is still a bit more powerful than sweep gunfire. But 2.5x damage nerf is too much. Ealier when I was attacked by 2-3 melees I could place flyby, pop all my cd's and even if I not killed someone, they received some damage. Now they simply can cut me down without any danger. In solo pve flyby can't now kill even group of common mobs (8-9k hp). That was my favourite skill, and now Bioware destroyed it totally..

The Point of the new Flyby is: you can spam it now, in every skillbuild you want. Its best use is in single-target rotations. So... works pretty much as intended, or not?

You do know what spam is right ?

Spam = spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam ....

useless talent

Players in PVP usually have around 30 K HP.

Pre Nerf Flyby did approx. 10K damage in 12 seconds if you were foolish enough to sit there for 12 seconds. Obviously most people moved out of it immediately. That is the purpose of flyby in pvp.

After Nerf you would be foolish to bother throwing flyby. Hitting someone who has 30K Hp with an aoe that does 3K damage after 12 seconds is a joke. Why would anyone even bother moving out of the way.

Bioware you are just so clueless.

And with every single MMO out there, a nerf only happens because of a PVP whine. Nothing more, nothing less. So tired of games that solely nerf based on pvp. Is it so hard to just make everyone even no matter their gear, and just let them kill one another in a BG?

It's absolute BS that flyby was nerfed... I will be the first to admit that it did a ton of damage, but so did mortor volley AND mortor volley hit instantly. The thing about flyby was it did a lot of damage but it took a while to hit... That was the trade off but now I cant use my one unique skill because its totally worthless... As far as I know the nerf was because flyby could be used in a single target rotation, well I used to use it only in the beginning of a fight or when there is a shield up or something like that, the time that it takes to channel and hit would be less damage put out instead of just doing the normal rotation... I guess il just abandon my main that I worked so hard to get in full 78s... :/

man this nerf hurts. i used it as part of my rotation as a ss, every 45 secs i would use it in pve along with my burst volly. it was the only time i can use it. i agree it did alot of damage but this was just way way to big of a nerf. i dont get mad alot but this has honestly pissed me off. im biting my tongue right now not to curse biowear out.

I agree. The nerf is beyond ridiculous. I ran the new FP tonight with some guildies. Two slingers, tank and healer. It was just... sad. 2 flybys and mobs still standing there over 50% health. Just sad. I think I'm gonna work on my sage and my mando. Maybe, if I'm lucky, they won't totally screw those two classes too.

Ok, maybe spam was the wrong word. What i meant was, you can use it now more often in MM spec. You can throw it in, and after it use speedshot without losing energy. Same with charged burst... I did both dread OPs in hm yesterday, and guess what? I still used it in my single target rotation, more than anytime before. Only at the trash groups this nerfs shows what it really did, GS/Sniper got rid of their AoE capability. Most other classes do double the AoE now.

So BW, this was what you intended, am i right?

Total bs,

they had to do it.... great.

Im sabo dont care for spaming it i want it to hit hard and like it has been for 2 years.

so sick of this bs and crap devs.

yee a new patch yee ruin my airstike glad im paying for that , devs to ruin my chars.

this is a horrible class update! have fun with the gsf while i get my ***** airstrikes...

thanx very fun and not frustrating being a player here!

Edited by ODTONE

The Flyby is now a useless skill, especially in PvP.

Another aid to Smash monkeys .

Thanks bioware, the smash mokeys complained that made them harm in the area and so ye Nerf? and they can keep doing all critical in area they want? Good balance of classes, you are some cracks (Irony).

WZ = Smash Mokeys Realm

I had heard that this was coming, but I was not expecting it to get neutered to the point of it being totally pointless. I would not put it beyond PvP'ers yet again being behind a nerf. If that were the case, then limit Flyby's in PvP to 1/3 of what it was and stop peeving PVE'ers off.

Not that long ago that the Sentinel got dual-sabre throw, the Slinger got flyby. Back to playing my Sent, before another round of nerfing Sents again.

I agree. The nerf is beyond ridiculous. I ran the new FP tonight with some guildies. Two slingers, tank and healer. It was just... sad. 2 flybys and mobs still standing there over 50% health. Just sad. I think I'm gonna work on my sage and my mando. Maybe, if I'm lucky, they won't totally screw those two classes too.

Flyby now does the same as a MV, ofc the tooltips say different numbers but Flyby is elemental and ignores all armour while MV loses up to 35% against target armour.

The Flyby is now a useless skill, especially in PvP.

Another aid to Smash monkeys .

Thanks bioware, the smash mokeys complained that made them harm in the area and so ye Nerf? and they can keep doing all critical in area they want? Good balance of classes, you are some cracks (Irony).

WZ = Smash Mokeys Realm

It's not useless in PvP, if you think so you're bad a PvP.

Yep its seriously ****ed up, yesterday with my op doing BH I could wipe out a mob of 4 easy, today it could not even kill 2, how is that a rebalanced, its rendered worthless, too slow cast for use against bosses, too useless for quick skip trash mobs, what is the point of it.

Flyby now does the same as a MV, ofc the tooltips say different numbers but Flyby is elemental and ignores all armour while MV loses up to 35% against target armour.

1. No it doesn't.

2. MV is instant.

3. MV channels over 3 seconds, not 12.

4. MV damage doesn't depend on armor set bonus to be more effective.

5. BW devs are r etards and have no idea what they're doing.

Yes BW, I've called you r etards, I'm paying you too much money to not be able to express my frustration with your ridiculous incompetence.

Edited by KrapivinKiril

I am not happy with this nerf. One reason is of course the scoundrel did not deserve a nerf. The statement that pvp had nothing to do this nerf does not hold water. The devs expecting us to believe such a statement bothers me all by its self.

Thanks Bioware you destroyed the char i loved the most. Now my gunslinger is only a cold fart.

thx 2 bioware - i look for another mmo now.

i know how you feel im really close of giving up on this game myself,

its not like it has a super community to make up for these crappy decisions.

Edited by ODTONE

I am not happy with this nerf. One reason is of course the scoundrel did not deserve a nerf. The statement that pvp had nothing to do this nerf does not hold water. The devs expecting us to believe such a statement bothers me all by its self.

This nerf had everything to do with PvE and nothing to do with PvP.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.