Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

A sad day for PVP

Uelle

Are there even any competitive ranked players left?

If so, hats off to you, because man, the future is not looking very bright for ground PvP right now.

It's like SWTOR got a new puppy for Christmas (GSF) and forgot all about the cat (PvE) and the hamster (PvP) it already had.

Right... because they clearly didn't mention anything new for PvE. :rolleyes:

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are seriously going to keep holding to this ridiculous notion that fighting as a player against other players in starships is somehow not PvP just because it is called GSF instead of GSF PvP, I think we are about done here.

You're the one who thinks they're one and the same, not anyone else.

Right... because they clearly didn't mention anything new for PvE. :rolleyes:

2013/10/02 - 2.4 release of DF & DP

2014/04/08 - NiM DF (6 months of no update to DF)

2014/06/10 - NiM DP (8 months of no update to DP)

Given their track record, who knows how long they will leave us with NiM DF & DP before adding a new Op. So we're looking at a year+ of miliking the same 10 bosses? I defend this game all the time, but that is bs. Crap like this is what makes me want to unsub.

Yeah, we've had TONS of high-end PvE content. :rolleyes:

PvP has most certainly gotten the short end of the stick when it comes to content releases, but that doesn't mean that PvE's release schedule is hunky-dory, either.

Edited by Beslley

You googled it after people pointed out you were using the phrase wrong and now you are trying to play it off like you meant to use it wrong to "troll".

Nope, you simply have never heard of that joke phrase before. People write RIP in peace all the time. It's like a sort of meme. But oh well, now you look ridiculous, you're a confirmed troll now :rolleyes:

RIP means rest in peace, so you basically said rest in peace in peace.

Also:

Four out of the five things listed for 2.6 are for PvP.

Two out of the four things listed for 2.7 are for PvP.

One out of the two things listed for 2.8 are for PvP.

GSF isn't PvP.

OP's point is that we're getting a single warzone in this whole year from the looks of it.

Couple that with how PvErs get 3 new Flashpoints, 2 New (rehashed) Ops, possibly one entirely new Op, and tons of story content in the first half of the year alone.

Then couple it with how GSF is getting a grand total of 3 game mode additions in the span of 6 months.

So yeah, it is a sad day for PvP, when you consider that they haven't done anything about low pop in Ranked, separation of Arenas and Warzones, and a plethora of other issues.

^This.

As much as PvEers keeping repeating that GSF is PvP it is not. Majority of PvPers do not GSF and GSF plays as a completely separate game, as it does not involve playing your characters and their skills.

PvP is getting a new WZ, which is good, but nothing else so far. Ranked arenas are dying on almost all servers. What is BW plan to keep them alive (or any forum of competitive PvP)? Are we ever going to get some sort of match making systems? When is my arsenal merc (and about 12-13 other specs) will be competitive in PvP? One WZ in almost 13 month is way too slow. Bolster significantly marginalize raid PvE gear while lowbie PvE gear is highly competitive (if not BiS in some cases), so on and so forth. What did BW do or plan to do to resolve these issues? Nothing.

Apparently all we need to do is "kill each other." Might as well do it in another MMO that has a match making system or a competitive scene.

^This.

As much as PvEers keeping repeating that GSF is PvP it is not. Majority of PvPers do not GSF and GSF plays as a completely separate game, as it does not involve playing your characters and their skills.

PvP is getting a new WZ, which is good, but nothing else so far. Ranked arenas are dying on almost all servers. What is BW plan to keep them alive (or any forum of competitive PvP)? Are we ever going to get some sort of match making systems? When is my arsenal merc (and about 12-13 other specs) will be competitive in PvP? One WZ in almost 13 month is way too slow. Bolster significantly marginalize raid PvE gear while lowbie PvE gear is highly competitive (if not BiS in some cases), so on and so forth. What did BW do or plan to do to resolve these issues? Nothing.

Apparently all we need to do is "kill each other." Might as well do it in another MMO that has a match making system or a competitive scene.

You may not consider it PVP, but it is. Sorry.

GSF isn't PvP.

Wait... what?

You mean all those things shooting at you and that you shoot back at are computer-controlled rather than player-controlled? Seriously?

I've been misled. I demand compensation and an apology! What a slap in the face! :rolleyes:

Edited by DarthTHC

You may not consider it PVP, but it is. Sorry.

People, stop arguing technicalities. It's self-evident when a person complains about the lack of competitive PvP, they're complaining about the ground wzs, not the space wzs.

When they're complaining about Ranked they're not whining about whatever leaderboard system 2.6 is throwing at us for GSF. They're complaining about the Ranked PvP which currently is limited to 4, rather boring, Arenas, and involves newb teams queuing up and getting farmed until they ragequit.

I had no idea those other ships I were killing were just really high-end AI.

That's amazing! All this time, I thought I was killing players.

lol

Yeah.. what the... you mean there are not other players in those ships... killing other players in ships..... in game??? :p And bragging about it to their friends and general chat?? :p:p

Interesting parsing being attempted here today by some people as to what is/is-not PvP. :)

Edited by Andryah

People, stop arguing technicalities. It's self-evident when a person complains about the lack of competitive PvP, they're complaining about the ground wzs, not the space wzs.

When they're complaining about Ranked they're not whining about whatever leaderboard system 2.6 is throwing at us for GSF. They're complaining about the Ranked PvP which currently is limited to 4, rather boring, Arenas, and involves newb teams queuing up and getting farmed until they ragequit.

Maybe PVP just isn't as popular as people want to believe it is.

That pretty much is the sign of them not really having an argument. They just want to irritate with semantics. I could just as well irritate when high end raiders start complaining and say they just had themselve an event and are getting new Flashpoints and those are all PvE. They got an entire planet even.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.