Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

A sad day for PVP

Uelle

Sure. But in the context of the GSF realm, not "PvP", which is why they have their own sub-forums.

That's kinda like saying because we have both a general discussion forum and a star wars discussion forum, one of them is a discussion forum and the other isn't.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Says the guy who said "rest in peace in peace".

You said PvP, you did not say warzones. I proved you wrong so now you are pretending you said something you didn't and calling me names.

Your argument falls under the selective attention logical fallacy. Also known as cherry picking. You are also comitting ad hominem.

RIP in peace...you've never heard that phrase before??

I said PVP, and I listed the only warzone PVP update, which obviously mean't i was talking about ground PVP.

You're the one whos cherry picking and moaning about what does or doesnt constitute PVP.

You can't win, you're digging yourself a deeper hole and you look pretty ridiculous now.

Why is that a bad thing? I love Huttball!

OP's point is that we're getting a single warzone in this whole year from the looks of it.

Couple that with how PvErs get 3 new Flashpoints, 2 New (rehashed) Ops, possibly one entirely new Op, and tons of story content in the first half of the year alone.

Then couple it with how GSF is getting a grand total of 3 game mode additions in the span of 6 months.

So yeah, it is a sad day for PvP, when you consider that they haven't done anything about low pop in Ranked, separation of Arenas and Warzones, and a plethora of other issues.

That's kinda like saying because we have both a general discussion forum and a star wars discussion forum, one of them is a discussion forum and the other isn't.

one of them is a discussion forum about the game, the other is a discussion forum about star wars as a whole. two different things.

if GSF is PVP, why does it have it's own separate forum? Because it's not the same as ground PVP.

I said PVP, and I listed the only warzone PVP update, which obviously mean't i was talking about ground PVP.

You're the one whos cherry picking and moaning about what does or doesnt constitute PVP.

You can't win, you're digging yourself a deeper hole and you look pretty ridiculous now.

RIP is rest in peace. Adding another in peace at the end makes it rest in peace in peace, as I said.

If you obviously meant it, why didn't you say it? Because you didn't mean it. You are only changing your position now that you were proven wrong.

No, I am saying everything where you fight another player is PvP. I include it all, YOU cherry pick by trying to exclude stuff you don't like.

Might want to have a look in a mirror.

I'm with the OP on this.

There is a huge difference between "PvP" and GSF... everyone knows the OP was talking about ground PvP.

That said, saying RIP in peace is pretty redundant... since RIP means Rest In Peace... so it would indeed be saying Rest in peace in peace.

And yes, I have heard others say it before too.

Morons mostly.

I also heard people say double negatives and such but that doesn't mean it's right.

OP's point is that we're getting a single warzone in this whole year from the looks of it.

Couple that with how PvErs get 3 new Flashpoints, 2 New (rehashed) Ops, possibly one entirely new Op, and tons of story content in the first half of the year alone.

Then couple it with how GSF is getting a grand total of 3 game mode additions in the span of 6 months.

So yeah, it is a sad day for PvP, when you consider that they haven't done anything about low pop in Ranked, separation of Arenas and Warzones, and a plethora of other issues.

Wait... the new Huttball is the ONLY thing we are getting this year??

Well :(

Since they both have the term "discussion forum" in their title, why wouldn't you be expected to discuss things in both of them? The subject is what I would assume would be different. Where is GSF's title does it say "GSF PvP"? It doesn't.

Wait... the new Huttball is the ONLY thing we are getting this year??

Well :(

Maybe the start of Ranked Season 2. With no incentives to queue up for Ranked anyway.

But yeah, that's it. They think PvPers like an endless gear grind, as opposed to you know, fun.

RIP is rest in peace. Adding another in peace at the end makes it rest in peace in peace, as I said.

If you obviously meant it, why didn't you say it? Because you didn't mean it. You are only changing your position now that you were proven wrong.

No, I am saying everything where you fight another player is PvP. I include it all, YOU cherry pick by trying to exclude stuff you don't like.

Might want to have a look in a mirror.

Have you just joined this discussion? That was pointed out on the very first page...3+ times. It appears you're purely trolling now.

Considering the roadmap only goes so far as june and isn't very detailed, there's still plenty of chance of getting more than one warzone.

You have no idea how much I'm wishing that's true. But the previous warzone we got was 15 months prior to the future release of Quesh Huttball. If their track record is anything to go by, they'll release 5 new GSF maps, 5 new Arenas, and 1 new Warzone 15 months after Quesh Huttball.

If you are seriously going to keep holding to this ridiculous notion that fighting as a player against other players in starships is somehow not PvP just because it is called GSF instead of GSF PvP, I think we are about done here.

If i recall you're the one who started it. and finished it

Well you finished this yourself by showing how wrong and ridiculous you were :rolleyes:

From your link "RIP in peace is a term commonly used among people with limited knowledge of the English language".

I can quote too

This is often acknowledged by the writer, and is a form of trolling – meant to lure people who are new to internectual cultures to it’s demise.

You fell for a simple troll. You mad? :rolleyes:

Edited by Uelle

It seems like it would be appropriate to add another "real" WZ, what with the renewed focus on the war and all.

Hopefully an Oricon themed wz. I really love the looks of Oricon, and since we saw both Denova and Asation themed wzs after their respective Ops were released, I'm keeping my hopes up for this. :D

Are there even any competitive ranked players left?

If so, hats off to you, because man, the future is not looking very bright for ground PvP right now.

It's like SWTOR got a new puppy for Christmas (GSF) and forgot all about the cat (PvE) and the hamster (PvP) it already had.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.