Phoenix, AZ Cantina Tour Info

Essence_of_Light

That's the EA vice-clamp coming down.... this game made like 200m last year subs and CM together but I'd be willing to bet every hot meal left in my life that EA has some kind of Metric like.... "For every dollar generated you guys (Bioware) get like .02c to reinvest back into the game.... I mean come on people if your a game company your going to be trying with everything you have to give your paying customer base what they want, u listen to criticism, polls, rants and whatever to come up with the picture.. Unless Bioware can hook the updates somehow, someway to the CM we're not going to see it, no matter how called for it is.

I unfortunatrly think this is true. There are about 150 people that work in Austin and even with that the net revenue is pretty high. But EA determinate how much can be reinvested in the game.

Too much coding is joke. I'm informatics engineer, I know that there is a lot of code behind this thing (also because this game is no optimized in term of eng coding), but they can take some fresh graduates in this and (if they have a sort of "code indipendet" system) they can write so many line of code, just take someone to do it for 5/6 months.

There are company with very less revenue, that I have work for, and really more people working for it. Take someone if you need just a lot of coding. Damn.

...seriously?

Another Imperial insurrection?? I'm someone who could probably be lumped into the "defender" camp by people who want to throw labels around, but even I'm going to be reeeeally irked at EA/BW if a coup by Regus is the next storyline.

I get that the Empire has a chronic back-stabbing problem, it's kind of their thing. But seriously, "Darth Malgus breaks away from the Empire and forms a faction that is a threat to both sides" was the finale of the game's content at launch, and "The Dread Lords break away from the Empire and form a faction that is a threat to both sides" was the driving storyline for all the post-launch story content we've gotten since then.

If "Grand Moff Regus breaks away from the Empire and forms a faction that is a threat to both sides" is the start of the next chapter... that'd be pretty damn lazy on their part, even if it gets dispensed with quickly and just serves to lead into a larger Rakata threat (which seems like a possibility if it were being set on Lehon).

Well...

I doubt it would take too much of our time to be honest.

Truth be told, the Dread Masters story arc was Operations driven, with some Flashpoints being released here and there, namely the CZ-198, whose overarching storyline had no influence concerning the DM. To this day, it's actually debatable WHEN exactly the Czerka takeover takes place, chronologically speaking.

Either way, there's this curious bit...

And as such, I wouldn't put behind the possibility of Regus already gearing up for his insurrection and the dialogue aiming to imply such. It should also be noted that there were NO changes to the dialogue, since the early datamining.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Much assumption, coupled with much hyperbole IMO. Also, much negativity as well.

Case in point: nowhere in EA financials (ANYWHERE) do they disclose "net" revenue. Yet you toss around a netted 100M+ statement as though you were the CFO of EA. :)

Personally, I wish they DID breakout net revenue for each product. That way I could figure out exactly what their operations expense is.. which I could then process through labor rate conversions and determine how many people are actually staffed to SWTOR. Of course, this is exactly why they do not provide such breakout data. I'd also love to see their breakout of costs for direct labor, SG&A, indirect costs, etc. But it's not going to happen.

Who said anything about actual net value? I was just using a figure of speech considering in their investment call earlier this week they made 139 million on this game alone.

As for assumptions. I'm not assuming anything. This is not the first time they have used the excuse of too much coding. They have used that phrase a dozen times and is the same excuse for anything that they "want" to implement but somehow cant because they have a bunch of interns for developers.

Come on. How is a Legacy Vault too much coding... They already have the Guild Vault system.

And besides, it's their job to code. *** do they mean too much coding? If they earned millions, they could surely spend some on getting important systems like that into place...

With regard to new classes or new companion storylines, they said the resources required to do that are huge, and they would rather use those resources to provide new content -- planetary storylines -- that all toons could play.

WTB new developers with a different mindset :(

It seems i will never know what happened to my Inquisitor after the events of Chapter 3. I'm sorry but neither Makeb nor Dread Masters stuff is the part of his story. Any other "planetary storylines" won't be as well. Such things may fit my BH since he's doing any work and getting paid for it, but my Inquisitor is a special guy who has his own way.

Edited by Trollokdamus

It seems i will never know what happened to my Inquisitor after the events of Chapter 3. I'm sorry but neither Makeb nor Dread Masters stuff is the part of his story. Any other "planetary storylines" won't be as well. Such things may fit my BH since he's doing tany work and getting paid for it, but my Inquisitor is a special guy who has his own way.

Special Snowflake. :cool:

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Come on. How is a Legacy Vault too much coding... They already have the Guild Vault system.

And besides, it's their job to code. *** do they mean too much coding? If they earned millions, they could surely spend some on getting important systems like that into place...

It is too much coding in a way that "it is not going to be soon™". From what they said last Cantina Tour (I think), the Legacy system is one giant ball of snakes in its present form, making addition a bit complex. So adding something to it (or tearing it down and building it anew) is lot of coding.

It is too much coding in a way that "it is not going to be soon™". From what they said last Cantina Tour (I think), the Legacy system is one giant ball of snakes in its present form, making addition a bit complex. So adding something to it (or tearing it down and building it anew) is lot of coding.

Ok, I get that lots of stuff they do is resource intensive.

But so what? If we were asking for some stupid QoL feature, or the addition of content that only 0.01% of the playerbase is gonna play, I would understand the investment not being worth it. But this is a feature that almost any and every player will be using. Why on earth is "too much coding" an accepted response here?

But so what? If we were asking for some stupid QoL feature, or the addition of content that only 0.01% of the playerbase is gonna play, I would understand the investment not being worth it. But this is a feature that almost any and every player will be using. Why on earth is "too much coding" an accepted response here?

Not only that but for a game which is supposed to have that much emphasis on you rolling alts, it's amazing how this was NEVER thought of as a priority for them, when they first designed the Legacy system.

Again, the mind boggles. :rolleyes:

Yeah, he's even wearing a title.

Hahahahahaha. :p

Edited by Darth_Wicked

It seems i will never know what happened to my Inquisitor after the events of Chapter 3. I'm sorry but neither Makeb nor Dread Masters stuff is the part of his story. Any other "planetary storylines" won't be as well. Such things may fit my BH since he's doing any work and getting paid for it, but my Inquisitor is a special guy who has his own way.

Oh, you are a member of the Dark Council, and one of the most powerful Sith who owns an army of ghosts?

Ok, now here, go run some errands for me.

Sooo, for example, recovering Rakata technology before it fall in the hands of Republic (which is what Lehon is probably going to be, if we ever get there) or stopping 6 enormously powerful Sith Lords (yes, probably more powerful than the Dark Councilors) from annihilating the Empire is not good enough reason for your inquisitor? You must be really special indeed...

This guy is in dreamland. They said nothing about player housing. He imagined something based upon his own made-up interpretation of someone's body language?

You don't know much about body language, do you ? I bet you'd deny that body language even exists, to put it cynically.

Body language is actually very important. We, nowadays, don't learn it anymore, but for someone trained in reading a body's language, the body can reveal much, much more than the person actually wanted to say ... I bet that any Secret Service like the NSA has a few people reading body language of foreign politicians (apart from reading their cell phones' contents, like as happened with the Chancellor of Germany).

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

This guy is in dreamland. They said nothing about player housing. He imagined something based upon his own made-up interpretation of someone's body language? Give me a break, lol. BW has said repeatedly that they have no intent to add any player housing as they consider player ships to be player housing. That horse has already been beat to death.

actually I heard a few weeks ago that there was datamined info about player housing, so that's where this all came from

Sooo, for example, recovering Rakata technology before it fall in the hands of Republic (which is what Lehon is probably going to be, if we ever get there) or stopping 6 enormously powerful Sith Lords (yes, probably more powerful than the Dark Councilors) from annihilating the Empire is not good enough reason for your inquisitor? You must be really special indeed...

Last I read it...

You go to Lehon to prevent Jaric Kaedan's former Padawan from taking control of something on Lehon, after he suffered a massive breakdown following an encounter with the Dread Masters.

He's a rogue element as well, no longer affiliated with the Republic.

Also, kinda unsure that kind of content should be discussed openly, as in, without spoiler tags. Just saying.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

First I want to say that I liked the class stories and I would like to see more of them.

But, its probably not going to happen. I keep seeing people saying over and over that all of the current players want new class stories, I saw the poll too.

So lets talk about the poll, who were those people?

First they are subs, they play this game despite it being what it is. Most likely because they really like star wars and/or aren't mmo players and don't know what an mmo can be.

Second they are the subs who care enough about the game to troll the forums which is never a majority of the playerbase in any game.

Otherwise, in general they are the people that Bioware has to do the least to please. Bioware is not going to add the content that costs the most money to produce to try to retain people who probably wont leave.

Who said anything about actual net value? I was just using a figure of speech considering in their investment call earlier this week they made 139 million on this game alone.

As for assumptions. I'm not assuming anything. This is not the first time they have used the excuse of too much coding. They have used that phrase a dozen times and is the same excuse for anything that they "want" to implement but somehow cant because they have a bunch of interns for developers.

Actually, they made 139 million in microtransactions.

But that was just the revenue... the actual profit is less than that (after salaries and production costs and all that)

and then you can add 55-60+ million in sub revenues.

BUT again, what the actual profit is, nobody knows. Well, nobody on these forums anyway.

As for the excuse of coding, you have no idea how complex (or easy) it would be to code that, so if they say it's too difficult to code, it probably is.

Wether this is because of the game engine being difficult to code or some other reason, it still doesn't make it less true.

Given that we have shared guild storage already, it most certainly is not an acceptable response.

I for one see it as another nail in the coffin of this game, where the fact that it remains the only Star Wars MMO currently on the market, not sufficient in itself, if something else comes along that catches my eye.

Edited by ThorgrimLutgen

First I want to say that I liked the class stories and I would like to see more of them.

But, its probably not going to happen. I keep seeing people saying over and over that all of the current players want new class stories, I saw the poll too.

First they are subs, they play this game despite it being what it is. Most likely because they really like star wars and/or aren't mmo players and don't know what an mmo can be.

Second they are the subs who care enough about the game to troll the forums which is never a majority of the playerbase in any game.

Otherwise, in general they are the people that Bioware has to do the least to please. Bioware is not going to add the content that costs the most money to produce to try to retain people who probably wont leave.

You and I do not always agree Mallorik, but I feel you are 100% correct here. :)

Actually, they made 139 million in microtransactions.

But that was just the revenue... the actual profit is less than that (after salaries and production costs and all that)

and then you can add 55-60+ million in sub revenues.

BUT again, what the actual profit is, nobody knows. Well, nobody on these forums anyway.

Indeed.

If people are going to throw revenue numbers around as justification for demanding their pet content, they should at least learn the difference between gross revenue from sales and net revenue after all expenses are accounted for.

Of course.. none of us can toss around net revenue (profit) numbers to prosecute a demand, because those numbers are neither made public, nor are the secondary numbers (like operations cost) provided to be able to actually figure it out either.

Edited by Andryah

You are probably right. The problem is it doesn't justify the "too much coding" thing. For me it's really bad to hear something like that from a developer of my beloved game. Will some leave game because of something like this? I don't think so. But things like that add to pile of other disappointments and someday it could be too much.

They made GSF real and in a way I never believed is possible on this engine. And then made it free. So things like lack of legacy vault which would sell for a crazy amount of CC is nothing more than this - another small disappointment.

You are probably right. The problem is it doesn't justify the "too much coding" thing. For me it's really bad to hear something like that from a developer of my beloved game. Will some leave game because of something like this? I don't think so. But things like that add to pile of other disappointments and someday it could be too much.

They made GSF real and in a way I never believed is possible on this engine. And then made it free. So things like lack of legacy vault which would sell for a crazy amount of CC is nothing more than this - another small disappointment.

I know how you feel, almost everything they do and say makes me feel bad about the game lol. Even worse i get my hopes up all the time like going from beta to release i thought oh they'll fix this or they'll fix that, they'll put combat windows back in nobody is dumb enough to release an mmo without them, then bam.

Or Wow they are going to make a free flight star wars game! then bam no joysticks allowed.