Ravage Root

stupidsyrup

Yeah so the Ravage root for both Vengeance and Carnage is just a wee bit OP. Last I checked Dodge means it purges all impairing effects, both movement and damaging. And yet....I'm still stuck to munch that damage. On my Sniper, nope I can't roll away, gotta eat that ****. The class was pretty good to begin with, but noob smashers whined that it sucks, when in reality it's got a higher skill cap than smash.

So if Hold the Line allows me to leave, why won't any of my other abilities, mainly Dodge, allow me to?

Yeah so the Ravage root for both Vengeance and Carnage is just a wee bit OP. Last I checked Dodge means it purges all impairing effects, both movement and damaging. And yet....I'm still stuck to munch that damage. On my Sniper, nope I can't roll away, gotta eat that ****. The class was pretty good to begin with, but noob smashers whined that it sucks, when in reality it's got a higher skill cap than smash.

So if Hold the Line allows me to leave, why won't any of my other abilities, mainly Dodge, allow me to?

If you're already using Dodge when rooted for Ravage, what's the problem? Dodge gives you 100% evasion, meaning the whole cast will miss. It probably should cleanse the root as well, but then again, who cares when that Warrior just spent a Ravage for nothing. :p

Yeah and Force Shroud is suppose to be immune to tech attacks. Guess who gets Debilitated over the fire pit?

Anyways, it would be nice if it missed, but alas, it does not.

Force shroud is 100% force/tech resistance. Force/tech accuracy is typically around 105%. 5% of the time something is going to go through shroud. Never seen a warrior/knight running around with over 100% melee accuracy.

Yeah and Force Shroud is suppose to be immune to tech attacks. Guess who gets Debilitated over the fire pit?

Well I have never landed a hit when my target has dodge up. I don't believe it is broken like force shroud where "5%" of attacks have the chance to hit.

Force shroud is 100% force/tech resistance. Force/tech accuracy is typically around 105%. 5% of the time something is going to go through shroud. Never seen a warrior/knight running around with over 100% melee accuracy.

Incorrect, shroud grants 200% resistance to force/tech damage. The tooltip say 100%, but if you check your defensive section of your character sheet while it's active, it will say 200%. Shroud is just broken.

Hahaha what? Are you sure you know the difference between white damage and force/tech? Chances are you took damage from someone else. Ravage will NOT hurt you if you have dodge up. Every swing will completely miss. As for purging roots. Chances are you popped it during the leap root. Ravage will miss, but you can still get rooted after dodge is activated. So basically you cleansed one root and got rooted again.

Incorrect, shroud grants 200% resistance to force/tech damage. The tooltip say 100%, but if you check your defensive section of your character sheet while it's active, it will say 200%. Shroud is just broken.

Interesting to know, I'll check it out. Thanks.

Hahaha what? Are you sure you know the difference between white damage and force/tech? Chances are you took damage from someone else. Ravage will NOT hurt you if you have dodge up. Every swing will completely miss. As for purging roots. Chances are you popped it during the leap root. Ravage will miss, but you can still get rooted after dodge is activated. So basically you cleansed one root and got rooted again.

^, /thread.

Vengeance spec relies heavily on ravage, and needs the roots, as does carnage. The roots are fine.

This is a serious l2p issue. Veng/Vig is one the easiest to kite melee classes ingame. If you can't dominate a veng/vig toon on your sniper, you should probably queue for a fp instead of pvp.

Tldr: lol l2p

Edited by Telaan

This is a serious l2p issue. Veng/Vig is one the easiest to kite melee classes ingame. If you can't dominate a veng/vig toon on your sniper, you should probably queue for a fp instead of pvp.

That won't be so much of an issue in 2.6 with how easy its going to be to reset master strike lol. It's going to be interesting.

That won't be so much of an issue in 2.6 with how easy its going to be to reset master strike lol. It's going to be interesting.

It won't be any different. MS/Ravage is retardedly easy to interrupt without unremitting; and even then the channel still has a .5 - 1 sec of vulnerability due to the leap animation.

It won't be any different. MS/Ravage is retardedly easy to interrupt without unremitting; and even then the channel still has a .5 - 1 sec of vulnerability due to the leap animation.

Ravage is essentially lowered to a 12s CD for vengeance now. Not sure how you think it wont be any different for them.

Right, right. Ok so I get into a Ranked match, they have a Op healer. Op healer uses Infiltrate, brings group to us. I get jumped, I can't roll away, I get screwed over. L2P issue, got it. Biggest thing here is maybe I should've just crouched, but it's not like I know where I need to set up shop when I can't see my enemy. Trolls not allowed here:(

Right, right. Ok so I get into a Ranked match, they have a Op healer. Op healer uses Infiltrate, brings group to us. I get jumped, I can't roll away, I get screwed over. L2P issue, got it. Biggest thing here is maybe I should've just crouched, but it's not like I know where I need to set up shop when I can't see my enemy. Trolls not allowed here:(

Moral of the story is: sometimes you die in pvp. But again, sniper is a guardian/juggernaut killing machine and if you don't regularly stomp on them it is most definitely a l2p issue.

You said you had dodge up and was having ravage hit through it...

Ravage is essentially lowered to a 12s CD for vengeance now. Not sure how you think it wont be any different for them.

Unremitting only activates after force leap/charge (15 sec cd, minimum range 8m). The amount of ms/ravages that are protected by unremitting will only increase in that you can leap->ms->ohs->pb->push (1 min cd)->leap->ms. After that opening rotation, it's back to business as usual. If you see a guardian/juggernaut using their 3 sec channelled ability without having completed a leap/charge, use any cc ability and their DPS goes down the toilet.

You said you had dodge up and was having ravage hit through it...

Dodge is 100% evasion, but accuracy can go above 100%. Meaning if your opponent has enough accuracy there is a very small chance of getting hit with ravage even with evasion up.

It's very rare but I have seen it happen to me on my scoundrel healer.

A 3 sec root in wrong in light of the fact that root in this game is off resolve and it allows 3sec of free hits from other players.

What if you are ranged? Say a Sorcerer? Root into root into choke into scream and you can't do a single thing about it...Barrier? OK done, what next? Bubble? 1 hit and its down and I just wasted 16 sec of the game doing nothing NEXT?

The issue is not 1 Warrior, in a team setting you will have 2 or more, care to count how many sec they can root?

You don't need to have 3 PvP viable trees for every class BW GET THAT OUT OF YOUR HEAD. 1 is ok 2 is plenty...

Only reason why Camo clears the root is because Ravage roots you for the duration, whether it misses or not, and Camo breaks the channel since you go invisible. If you break sight with it like Camoing out or stealthing out, you clear the root because Ravage gets interrupted, not because the Camo root clear fixed it.

Also, don't tell the Veng jugs this, but you have a one second window to interrupt the Ravage at the very end of the channel after their buff from leaping. The GCD makes it to where if you save your stun/knockback for the final hit in the cast, you can actually stop it/break the channel from a knockback or stun.