A perfect example of the ability delay

Corwingeorge

I noticed the issue with the speeder too. Another problem I have is with the recuperate delay. After killing a mob who applied a DoT the DoT damage would tick before recup kicks in so I'd like the first percentage gain from recuperate to be immediate. This would especially be useful if I died and am surrounded by mobs and have nowhere to run before invulnerability wears offso I can recup to full before invulnerability death goes away.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. This needs to be fixed ASAP. I seriously don't understand why anyone would actually favor an ability delay that utterly screws up any quick combat decisions. I don't want to wait 2 seconds to activate an AoE when the enemy is in perfect position. That delay has cost me way too many opportunities. It's one of the reasons I scrapped my Smuggler. It's just too clunky to go into cover, then used timed abilities. Everything takes way longer than it's supposed to.

I have my ability queue on 0, still doesn't help. It takes too long to do anything. For a while, I thought it was just me lagging. Now, if you have a feature that is often confused for lag, then obviously it's not a good feature? Just make everything fully responsive. People are going to spam even MORE when they see that their abilities aren't executing immediately. For those of you who think this ability delay will prevent spamming or whatever, you are DEAD WRONG.

There are lot of wrong things with the game as it is right now. Everyone knows it.

And this is why these threads arent taken seriously.

The game is incredible and the best MMO there is at this point. If you meant bugs i could agree, if you said that are things that need improving i would agree. To say that there are lots of things wrong with the game is just a plain lie.

Yes there is a problem in the optimization of animations and skills going off, but it is NOT gamebreaking in the way it makes it impossible for you to play the game. Millions are playing it so its not game-breaking.

Stop trying to take advantage of that fact to carry on your pety agendas. Nobody cares.

So they put in an element not in WoW and this is an issue?

So they are making a game that is not just WoW with a skin this is an issue?

So they put in something that effects everyone this is an issue?

See I understand your issue but look at it this way just because it is different then WoW doesnt mean it is wrong.

See I understand your issue but look at it this way just because it is different then WoW doesnt mean it is wrong.

Dude it is wrong. when I use the skill "overload saber", which is off global, then an ability directly after, it eats the GCD and does zero damage. This causes very terrible combat pacing, and forces me to use the same ability multiple times. This is very annoying in pve, and make pvp for certain specs/classes much worse than for others.

There is no way that this is intended.

The issue is not ability delay

This is due to Animation Delay

The skills have a certain animation that must complete for the skill's effect to be achieved. So, per the OP Video, when you board a speeder, there is the cast time + Animation.

It is the same for everybody, takes some getting used to for sure and can be very annoying at times. If you want to compare it to another MMO that has something similar = LOTRO

The key here is, watch your animations. The problem/issue could will really be mostly present for instant cast/use abilities that have animations.

The issue is not ability delay

This is due to Animation Delay

The skills have a certain animation that must complete for the skill's effect to be achieved. So, per the OP Video, when you board a speeder, there is the cast time + Animation.

It is the same for everybody, takes some getting used to for sure and can be very annoying at times. If you want to compare it to another MMO that has something similar = LOTRO

The key here is, watch your animations. The problem/issue could will really be mostly present for instant cast/use abilities that have animations.

i really cant see this being just animation delay. animation delay does make this worse, but that's not the source

Edited by Corwingeorge

It is not ability delay it is animation delay.

A good example is if you play both a Operative and a Scoundrel.

The Scoundrels backstab ability takes longer to "hit" compared to the Operatives due to the Scoundrels longer animation (taking out the gun and then shooting instead of a quick stab)

It is not ability delay it is animation delay.

A good example is if you play both a Operative and a Scoundrel.

The Scoundrels backstab ability takes longer to "hit" compared to the Operatives due to the Scoundrels longer animation (taking out the gun and then shooting instead of a quick stab)

i understand what the animation delay is, i kinda hate that too. but there is an actual ability execution delay. the mounting is a good example, there really isnt an animation for it, it just appears.

I don't notice ability lag outside of the speeder animation.

Same. Haven't seen anyone else in-game, including the people I regularly play with mentioning any issues of this kind, other than the speeder summoning. I'll try to see if I can provoke the issue on my Merc when I get back home.

Many people are here leaving WoW so they know that. However, what WoW does get right people expect for every MMO.

Cancelled my sub explaining the problem. I love this game and dinged 50 a few days ago but this problem drives me up the wall. I want to be able to practise and knuckle down work out the kinks and pull my maximum healing/dps but it feels like im stuck lagging all the time.

Casting unload on a target moving out of range. Cast goes through. The guns point forward but nothing comes out and then I find I cant cast until the "fake" cast has finished completely (its a 3 second channel). Anything on the border of in and out of range is just unbearable to hit.

FIX THE CAMERA I WANT TO BE ABLE TO SEE MY OPPONENT BEHIND ME.

GTN is stubborn I just want to be able to search an item i need to craft gear. WHY WHY WHY do I need to fill out every field! I dont know what profession makes it!

Some of the heroics are extremely buggy and incredibly overtuned.

I could go on with much more. I'm disappointed .

Been a supporter of the game since i heard of it. I was one of the first to test the game and hardly any of the main bugs were fixed. Ill gladly throw my money back at you when its not so frustrating to play!