Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

In Game Barber Shop

Bobbidy

Is there an ingame barber shop? And if there isnt, are there plans to put one in soon? Just putting this thread out to see if im not the only one who desires to change their apearance without having to create a character from scratch. I'd understand if its one of those social things where you need to be ranked high enough socialy in the game to use a barber shop. Edited by Bobbidy

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope thats not in the game yet, its quite simple, anything that add's flavor to the game but is not directly quest related is not in the game. its the only thing bioware/sw:tor is really lacking

sitting

bubbles

barber

emotes (most are just a crappy iconic txt line)

UI (movement and sizing)

Theres hoping they catch up and understand the importance of flavor...

Nope thats not in the game yet, its quite simple, anything that add's flavor to the game but is not directly quest related is not in the game. its the only thing bioware/sw:tor is really lacking

sitting

bubbles

barber

emotes (most are just a crappy iconic txt line)

UI (movement and sizing)

Theres hoping they catch up and understand the importance of flavor...

You can sit. The default key is x

No and no plans for the future unless the community demands it.

Since the last thread I made about it died with barely two pages worth of support, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Currently, features like guild ships (a feature WAY, WAY down the line) are ahead of this in terms of priorities.

Source: http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/12/14/massively-exclusive-the-force-ghosts-of-past-present-and-futu/

Is there an ingame barber shop? And if there isnt, are there plans to put one in soon? Just putting this thread out to see if im not the only one who desires to change their apearance without having to create a character from scratch. I'd understand if its one of those social things where you need to be ranked high enough socialy in the game to use a barber shop.

just make a Social Appearance Vendor and no need for any social points requirement or any other requirement for that matter. The same thing happened with LOTRO. Players wanted a comestic vendor to change the appearance of hair style, skin tone, eye color, etc. and that is what Turbine gave them. But this was much later since the game was launched.

Games official release date wasn't even a week ago, and people are already unhappy with their appearance. You should know once you click that finalize button, your pretty much locked in.

But I guess since it is on option in WoW, it would be a crime not to have a Barbor Shop in every single MMO from now on...

Don't hold your breath guys, took Blizzard over 5 years to add this feature into their MMO.

But I guess since it is on option in WoW, it would be a crime not to have a Barbor Shop in every single MMO from now on...

Why does every discussion of features wanted have to have WoW mentioned? It isn't like we have barber shops in the real world or anything.... I am going to be that Chewy went in for a spa day every now and then... Try to not equate everything to wow... it just makes you seem like you lack the depth to make other, harder, connections.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.