[OFFICIAL] - No server forums will be implemented

LoL-K-Noob

Hardly. Over exaggerating the effects of no server forums isn't conductive to making our case to Bioware that they should be implemented. It just makes you look like you are having a tantrum.

And it doesnt exactly give the impression that such forums would have a mature userbase capable of following server rules without heavy moderation.

It's funny because it's true.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact I will have no "@Felony" posts greatly disturbs me.

In all seriousness, I'm impartial. Server forums could be useful, but they are also troll-fests. Atleast Bioware was smart enough not to let people post on multiple random character names. That should cut down on the most severe trolling.

Probably don't have much to add, but gotta say it's pretty alarming to see that they consistently prioritize technical issues over community issues. There's already plenty of issues with the in-game UI that makes it very hard to create a good community. A server forum would be an excellent way to channel some of that unreleased potential.

But in the end it almost just seems like they rather want the community stiffled and for people to play it more as a single-player game.

So this will be the first MMORPG in a very very very long time to go without server forums.

One would think every company by now would know that MMORPGs are more about COMMUNITY than anything else, not providing a way for the community to speak to the game maker together is rather ODD.

Its far easier for a server with an issue to get people to post in the same thread letting YOU KNOW WHATS GOING ON IF THEY CAN ALL POST ON THE SAME FORUM AND NOT HAVE IT GET LOST in the random goings on of every single player you have.

People should post all server related posts in the general forum then. See how long moderators prefer having all such posts where it doesn't belong.

They'll just do what they're doing now with every other topic and tell everyone to post in a single post if they are trading - after all, it's easier to find something if it's all crammed together in a lump instead of organized into separate categories.

That's a terrible decision on their part. Add it to the list. Bioware just has no effing clue how to approach running an MMORPG. It's like they're running around flailing their arms and screaming in the dark. I can't remember the last MMO (If ever) that didn't have server forums. Edited by Merex

From what I've seen from the Unofficial server forums over at Fragworld.org Bioware was right in not supporting individual server forums.

If the demand was there then I could see a need but there is no one over there including RPers so it would just be a waste of time and energy for Bioware to do it for half a dozen people out of over a million.

Am I the only one that likes this?

The Everquest "unofficial" forum for our server was one of the funnest places to post ever. The flames and rants and awesome conversations were 30x better than the sterile over-moderated WoW forums.

Every server will eventually have off-sight forums which is waaaaaaaay better than having "official" forums where if you say the wrong thing or flame anyone you get banned.

From what I've seen from the Unofficial server forums over at Fragworld.org Bioware was right in not supporting individual server forums.

If the demand was there then I could see a need but there is no one over there including RPers so it would just be a waste of time and energy for Bioware to do it for half a dozen people out of over a million.

I agree with this and also look at the WoW server forums they are a moderators nightmare full of racist homophobic and sexist language. A army of mods could not keep up with that. Bioware so far has done a great job of moderating these forums and server forums would spread them way too thin.

what i like is that everyone sees a comment about something they want and immediately you hear people saying it is doomed. and the community is NOT built on message boards alone, you have in game chat where 75% or more of the people meet people. and why does everyone have to request that SWTOR at day 7... no at day -7 equal WoW at 7 years? why does everything have to be exactly like what you want? and what about those of us that want things that you don't want? hmmm? why is it only about you? that's not community it's selfishness.

it is a known fact less than 50% of the players of an mmo will even log on to the forums of any type. and less than 50% of those people even post on more than one board. if there are over 1 million subscriptions to the game you see how many actually posting in the forums? i'd say i've seen probably about 500 different names. maybe some more but most of what i see is the same old names posting saying they are the ******* of mmo's when i see everyone saying that, I laugh because that means no one that says it is.

oh they are good at the game but bragging cheapens your own worth when seen in other people's eyes. OH and BioWare is doing a damn better job than EQ, EQ2, WOW, Aion EVER did at DAY 7!!!! and if you tell me that wow right now has no queues, i'll reply then wait till SWTOR is 7 years old and then come back to me. now I am under no illusions the subscriptions are not all individual people, I know some have gotten more accounts than just one. but even WoW which at the time was just as anticipated as this one is now (well maybe less than this one but i'll give it the benefit of the doubt) and WoW didn't even command close to the number of subscriptions.

let the game grow slowly, you get community. give the game everything from every other game that people "SAY" works then you get a bunch of people that never talk, whine when servers are down, and only want the biggest and greatest gear out there and will just farm one or two instances till they get it then they whine they have no content since they took 5 days to get to max level.

Darth Freki

Seriously? People are going to cancel subs over no server forums? :rolleyes: The percentage of players who actually visit the forums at all is crazy low compared to actual players, reason states that some of those wouldn't bother with server forums.

Bioware made their decision and while I am disappointed by it, they make a completely valid point. Stop pretending the sky is falling and go troll for more ERP.

This^. Only 5% tops of the overall playerbase uses the forums. BioWare's time is better spent elsewhere. If someone's going to cancel over it then just do it. Am sure it'll make those that have queues happy.

It's down for maintenance on the back end systems. Not broken.

That makes no sense, down for maintenance means something is wrong with it, therefore broken. It's a basic board, that they don't even have that up and running shows that the webteam is probably headed by the bosses nephew, who's only there because he's the bosses nephew.

lot of people are over stating the impact that server forums really have. You'll get maybe 5% of the server population even going to the sever forums. Every game I have ever been to with sever forums were 75% trash talk, 20% useless dribble, and 5% of something that was actually good. Its impact on server community is next to nil. Community happens with in the game, not on the forums. Its really only for the PvPers to trash talk each other, or for people to call out guild members from other guilds, ect. The game wouldn't see any difference between having server forums or not. With that being said, I couldn't care less if they have sever forums or not.