What do you think of the SW:ToR Launch

beatso

Let me know what you thought/think about the SW:ToR Launch.

were you happy with it? disappointed? are you still suffering from, what seems to be, many of the on going issues.

personally, i am very upset with the launch, as i am one of the many suffering from the Hard crash/reboot issue... that now has almost 100 pages worth of posts on this forum, and all we have recieved in response are cut and paste suggestions... all of the same suggestions that didnt work the first time, means they wont work the third time.

would be interesting to see how many people are happy / upset with launch, ofcourse list reason why for either.

Since I per-ordered in July got in EGA the first day

I play on a full server but the most I have waited is 8 minutes to get in.

I am loving the game, and while the is lots of room for improvement it is one of the best MMO's out there already.

I though Bioware handled it well, they could have done some things better, but I was expecting worse with it being so popular, instead I was pleasantly surprised

So far i am pretty satisfied with the launch. I know that there are server queues, but what did you expect? When ppl zerging same servers it can't be any different.

Im playing on a server with no queue and so far i haven't got disconnected.

The game feels very "finished" to play and i really haven't notived any major bugs etc.

I´m really very satisfied with the launch so far.

I started EGA on the third day, created a character on a standard pop server, and have been having a blast since then. The server got full a couple of days later, but I only got a long queue once (which I used to create another PJ in a different server, no problem there) and I haven´t suffered a single crash so far.

Loving it. By far a better launch than SWG, Wow, DDO, and AOC. Although I will giv AoC credit. they had a fairly smooth launch with few ques. Just a lot of exploitable bugs and non working seige sytem.

early access was a great Idea and handled appropriatly. Most the complaints about EGA was people having to wait in line. big whoop there. We wait in lines all the time and we pay to wait.

Ques suck, no one likes them , but after many MMO launches, they have come to be expected at first. They will smooth out. they always do.

Edited by Spectrallight

Got in the day I expected. Was expecting server queues. No technical issues. Very little lag. Would have liked more in game options, but I'm sure they will be added.

Overall very satisfied; it could have been much, much worse.

Since I per-ordered in July got in EGA the first day

I play on a full server but the most I have waited is 8 minutes to get in.

I am loving the game, and while the is lots of room for improvement it is one of the best MMO's out there already.

I though Bioware handled it well, they could have done some things better, but I was expecting worse with it being so popular, instead I was pleasantly surprised

Pretty much this, except I got in on the second day of EGA. I think I waited in a queue for 15 minutes one time. Most of the time the queue is about 5-10 minutes.

I didnt like the EGA

Got in the first wave of day three, didnt mind missing the 2 days its just the whole 7 days early was too much and dripping people in a bit at a time isnt something Ill be doing again.

Iv dropped my lvl 20 on a full server and gone to a new one which was full last night, I look at the server list and see full or light not alot in-between so what did it accomplish?

4/10 safe launch just not a good one for me.

This has been the highest quality and smoothest launch I've ever experienced, out of about 10 MMOs. I include a few that never even made it out of beta...

TOR let in more people in the first day of pre-prder early access than most MMOs have at their complete launch. In the second day, they let in more people than most have in their lifetime, not to mention how many were playing by the day of the official launch.

Throughout early access, I had no experience of lag, no server crash, no client crash. I did get DC'ed a couple times, but I know that one was an ISP issue. In particular, never once did I notice a "rubber-band" effect (which is due to lag or a stoppage in client/server communications), which is to say that I never had a "lag-death".

No, it wasn't bug-free, but I could live with the bugs I saw. The. Absolute. Best. Launch I've ever seen.

Edited by Zhiroc

It's one of the worse - if not the worst - launches imo.

That isn't even a position thats defensible. Have you never played another mmo at launch? This is one of the dumbest - if not the dumbest - posts in the history of the internet. See, I can do it too.

I am enjoying the game but think the launch was a complete shambles. This small article at Joystiq sums it up well

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/12/22/even-swtors-website-has-a-queue/

"If you've tried to log in to your Star Wars: The Old Republic account today, you may find yourself faced with an unpleasant note stating: "There is currently no active subscription on this account." This is followed by, "Activate your account here," which would all be fine and dandy except SWTOR's website itself is currently offline due to the high volume of traffic.

The irony of launching a game in tiers only to have a forced bottleneck at this point isn't lost on us, but BioWare reassures its players that relief is coming soon: "Due to the high volume of new game codes being redeemed on SWTOR.com, some users may currently be seeing a waiting page. We are intentionally controlling the flow of traffic and letting as many people through as possible."

This has been the highest quality and smoothest launch I've ever experienced, out of about 10 MMOs.

Agreed, and I have been there for many a bad launch. This was an exceptional launch from my end. Game has never CTD, I have only had a couple 15 minute queues on my full server which is superb, I have had no distracting bugs as of yet. I could go on and on but that would just annoy the haters :D

I had some issues with purchasing that required phone calls.

I also had the login service unavailable issue that some fine folks on the forums were able to sort out.

I'm lucky because my youngest brother was away and his machine is identical to mine. I was able to play EGA on his with no issues whatsoever (no launcher bugs, crashes etc).

my other brother and I found a standard pop server and joined that on the 16th dec and we've not had any issues.

Despite a few issues with purchasing and one major issue with not having certain files on my machine to allow the login service to run properly, The launch was fine for my brother and I.

the issues i had were predominantly either my own computer, or billing so i'd say it was a good launch from me and my brother

No problems here, everything went well for me at least. Got in 2nd day of early access, and with the exception of a few queues it's been a great, smooth experience :)

Same here. I've loved the game so far and I've had very few issues along the way. Considering this is Bioware's first shot at an MMO and they did better than a lot of other MMOs at launch, I think we're looking at a bright future. I'm so happy to have an MMO on my hands that I can actually get into.