Vigilance Guardian PVE compedium by Rydarus V2 (Updated for 2.6)

GrandLordMenace

No one's breaking 3.9k.

If it was, it'd be posted and there is little chance of that happening with the projected crit rating you need to get for 3.9 i at least %50.

I had a slightly problematic 3.8k parse (gonna post one when I break kishek's number), but so far hovering at 3.75k range in slightly lucky parses.

We are not Scrapper's doing 4.2k ( luckily, since they are so gonna get nerfed and we willl probably stay here)

I'm happy with DPS. 3.9k is a dream parse wth this gear tier.

And no, no one's hiding parses. Best in the world is posting them on either TORParse or forum or both. On all specs and classes.

I was mostly being facetious with my last paragraph. Accoring to Carlos from <Hatred>, the co-author of all of Dulfy's spec guides, most of the top parsers don't upload their parses because they don't care about hitting the highest numbers. On another note, I've been experiencing some significant lag on the dummy as of late, so much so that my APM has dropped to 34.6 and some of my abilities aren't even registering, :( And good ole' Kishek has put up a live parse at 3822 here http://www.torparse.com/a/576826/4/0/Damage+Dealt

Edited by drummerinthesun

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HONESTLY, If they don't share their crap and they are good, they are selfish hermits who probably are just dummy parse heroes who can't do any of it on a boss, and we don't need them. I have those types of people on my server, and I've always thought that if someone is an exceptional player but refuses to share their information, they are doing what works for them, and not for the community. Simple as that.

An army of minds will beat one any day.

If someone claims to do 3.9k, they should have the guts to come up and post it. OTHERWISE, they are just blowing fumes. All these so called l33t dps players are conceited people who stick to their tiny little caves.

Part of the reason why I never joined one of the big servers like the Harbinger, is because I prefer a server like Ebon Hawk, we may not have the biggest raiding community like other servers, but we don't have people who shout on fleet or spread to the big guilds that they are secretly LOL l33t dps but don't post on the forums.

Those who refuse to post the achievement don't accept the value of said achievement, and as such, probably don't actually have the will to strive for the achievement in the first place, and as such, probably can't achieve it.

Edited by GrandLordMenace

Alright, ill share some advice then since you're calling us out. Take Slash off of your ability bar. Through all of your analyzing i'm suprised you advise people to use Slash at all, anywhere in your rotation. It the focus-dmg ratio is not worth it and you should never need it to fill in anywhere, ESPECIALLY if you have both 2Pc set bonuses. I'd also advise to get your Saber Throw set bonus first so you can get in the habit of getting ST in your rotation. You can hit 3750dps in mostly 72/75s without EVER using Slash.

Other than those 2 things, very solid guide! Well put together.

Alright, ill share some advice then since you're calling us out. Take Slash off of your ability bar. Through all of your analyzing i'm suprised you advise people to use Slash at all, anywhere in your rotation. It the focus-dmg ratio is not worth it and you should never need it to fill in anywhere, ESPECIALLY if you have both 2Pc set bonuses. I'd also advise to get your Saber Throw set bonus first so you can get in the habit of getting ST in your rotation. You can hit 3750dps in mostly 72/75s without EVER using Slash.

If you don't use slash then you are ALSO saying you do not use dispatch in execute, and they have the same focus cost. So you are saying when you are fullbarred on focus you use strike? That logic does not make any sense.

And i honestly doubt anyone here doesn't have both 2pc set bonuses.

ALSO 3750 w/out a 78 hilt is impossible (you after all said mostly 72s/75s. Link or it didn't happen.

lol kishek can you do a 1.5 mil dummy parse like just one :D wanna see one.

I want to make 4k on 1mil after i'll kill 1.5mill...hmmmm ok i'll do 1.5min now XD.

I've tested it in raid , it's just perfect, realy! In fact we are more Mobil because you have so many MS that it's not a big problem to cancel one to avoid an aoe or other atack. It's great!

EDIT: Here , it's for you : http://www.torparse.com/a/580406/time/1391680546/1391680948/0/Overview It is possible to do more but with a lot of crit .

Edited by uriaces

I was mostly being facetious with my last paragraph. Accoring to Carlos from <Hatred>, the co-author of all of Dulfy's spec guides, most of the top parsers don't upload their parses because they don't care about hitting the highest numbers. On another note, I've been experiencing some significant lag on the dummy as of late, so much so that my APM has dropped to 34.6 and some of my abilities aren't even registering, :( And good ole' Kishek has put up a live parse at 3822 here http://www.torparse.com/a/576826/4/0/Damage+Dealt

Ignore 90% of everything that is said/typed by Carl. I like the dude well enough, but he thinks that he is the authority on everything. He is a good Operative. He knows the bare-bones basics of Jugg/Guardian. His guide on Dulfy's site was wrong, and that is galling because he has one of the best Juggernaut DPS in the game in his raid group to draw from, but for some inexplicable reason, he did not.

I want to make 4k on 1mil after i'll kill 1.5mill...hmmmm ok i'll do 1.5min now XD.

I've tested it in raid , it's just perfect, realy! In fact we are more Mobil because you have so many MS that it's not a big problem to cancel one to avoid an aoe or other atack. It's great!

EDIT: Here , it's for you : http://www.torparse.com/a/580406/time/1391680546/1391680948/0/Overview It is possible to do more but with a lot of crit .

That part about mobility is correct. I don't feel that bad about breaking MS anymore.

I didn't say 3.9 is impossible, I said it's a dream parse = extreme luck :D

Ignore 90% of everything that is said/typed by Carl. I like the dude well enough, but he thinks that he is the authority on everything. He is a good Operative. He knows the bare-bones basics of Jugg/Guardian. His guide on Dulfy's site was wrong, and that is galling because he has one of the best Juggernaut DPS in the game in his raid group to draw from, but for some inexplicable reason, he did not.

Basically this. When I commented on his guide, I was an absolute dick. But the fact remains, I honestly doubt one guy can write guides for all 24 specs not including hybrids. Its just not possible! To do that you'd have to be somewhat crazy!

So take whatever he says with a grain of salt. Unlike most theorycrafters/guide writers, <hatred> tends to write what works for them as a guild, and doesn't always match up with mainstream theorycrafting etc.

I sincerely thank you for the post! :) Do you have any logs that show this though? Thanks for taking the time to respond, but it still didn't really accomplish anything other than heresay.

If you don't use slash then you are ALSO saying you do not use dispatch in execute, and they have the same focus cost. So you are saying when you are fullbarred on focus you use strike? That logic does not make any sense.

ALSO 3750 w/out a 78 hilt is impossible (you after all said mostly 72s/75s. Link or it didn't happen.

He's not saying he doesn't use dispatch during the execute phase without keening. His comment about focus to damage ratio gives that away. Vicious slash doesn't do enough damage for its cost in focus in his eyes. I'm sure dispatch does. It does great damage, and anyone would be a fool to not use an execute skill during execute phases.

He's not saying he doesn't use dispatch during the execute phase without keening. His comment about focus to damage ratio gives that away. Vicious slash doesn't do enough damage for its cost in focus in his eyes. I'm sure dispatch does. It does great damage, and anyone would be a fool to not use an execute skill during execute phases.

The only thing that doesn't make sense is what else would you use? getting to the point where the one filler you have is slash or strike is rare, but when that happens and you have max focus I'd use slash, would you not?

Question! I'm finally itemizing myself in 78s to become BiS but I'm finding that my old set up (100.07) accuracy is getting throw off by replacing the 72s with accuracy 78s. Is there a better way to itemize my enhancements or just use the same amount of enhancements as before and go up to 100.3-4 (still have 1 enhancement to change into a 78).

how does taking Slash off mean I take Dispatch off?? Not sure you understand. Slash<Dispatch in damage and the focus-dmg ratio is much higher and acceptable.

This is why most players don't post on the forums. Because of pompous people like you. Sorry I tried to share some advice. You think your the master Vig Guardian around here? Try out my advice for yourself and you will see. Good day, Sir.

Edited by Tarurelm

how does taking Slash off mean I take Dispatch off?? Not sure you understand. Slash<Dispatch in damage and the focus-dmg ratio is much higher and acceptable.

This is why most players don't post on the forums. Because of pompous people like you. Sorry I tried to share some advice. You think your the master Vig Guardian around here? Try out my advice for yourself and you will see. Good day, Sir.

It would be nice to see a parse. But I can see 3750 if you're rocking a lot of 75s with a few 72s and get a good bit of luck with your crit chance. The 75 to 78 gap wasn't that large.

You'll have to forgive Rydarus, he gets excited and lacks tact sometimes.

The thing is it barely makes any sense. How often does a vig even use slash? maybe 3 times a parse? I find it difficult to understand exactly what you are implying by "unbind slash." While it is a low damage ability, the fact remains is that by the time the only logical thing for you to use in the vigilance rotation is slash, you've already used: all 3 burns, Dispatch, Master Strike, and you already have full focus, WHAT ELSE will you use? That's what doesn't make sense.

If you showed me a log describing what you describe showing the results you seem so intent on, then we can talk about this logically and civilly.

Since when did I say I was THE master Vig guardian?

The entire GOAL of this guide was to get those who had gear that eclipsed me by leaps and bounds better numbers to prove that guardians can be a viable class! HECK the inspiration from this came from Mattmonkey, who I thought had a wonderful guide that will always be better than this one, except he no longer plays and as such cannot adjust to rotational edits!

I consider myself pretty frickin good with the gear I got, but I know for a fact Kishekzun could whup my behind naked if he wanted to. People like Manweth and Elltran and Kishek rocking 78 hilts and more experience in harder content will always beat me in those areas, and if they sent me a log etc etc etc describing why X minor change gives a huge dps jump, sure I'll edit it right now! But until then I'll edit the current iteration of this guide.

i have an other question...

my stats are:

strength 3502

power 1079

accuracy 100.07%

crit chance 25.34%

critical multiplier 70.9%

i think that these are pretty good but to get these i dont use one enhancement. what should i get? surge or accuracy?

Hi all. I just want to say something about the new rotation.

I made many many parse and i've made my decision: i don't realy use youre rotation Rydarius ^^.

If there is no mistakes you are doing : Plasma==>MS==>OS==>MS==> Blade storm etc... And then there is the same order : Plasma==>OS==>Balde storm==>MS.

On every test i lost dps making : Plasma==>OS==>Balde storm. The best rotation i made is Plasma==>OS==MS==> Clipping with Blade storm. Using dispatch etc when i have cds on some skills. I always try to put Plasma and OS before the MS but not the Blade Storm. MS is the priority not blade storm.

I am doing this rotation on this try : http://www.torparse.com/a/576826/time/1391527538/1391527799/0/Damage+Dealt

And all my 3750+ ones are with this one ^^. You should try, i think it's better with this rotation. Please make some test and tell me what you think about it.

Edited by uriaces