2.6 Operative changes

Valkyriez

Ravage isn't spammable, and takes 3 seconds to channel. Ravage often gets interrupted. If you get hit by a full ravage, you have no one to blame but yourself.

Operative won't be rediciculous, but it will actually have more reliable sustained damage than assassin post patch 2.5. It'll still be squishy.

Okay, and? Let the ops have the love they so desperately deserve.

These changes are marginal at best. Does nothing to address the challenges we face in PVP. We didn't need a damage buff. Concealment needed buffed defensive cooldown's and buffed DOT, the amount of burst we have is fine.

It was fine when crit wasn't nerfed. The amount of RNG we deal with now with nerfed crit does not make it fine. These changes will help a quite a bit, but our burst is still a joke compared to assassins, and they still have better DCD's than us. I don't want broken burst though, so as I said before, I find these changes in dps to be quite fair. Personally I'd like to see assassins burst to be lowered and give them better sustained in its place.

If they do manage to give us more survivability like they say they plan to then these changes will be fine and are a good step forward imo. Though if they said they had no plans to increase survivability then I would say no, our burst is not good enough to compensate for the fact that we die instantly.

Yeah, but it's gonna take 2 extra skill points to get it...

Erm...no it wont. If you play scrapper you should be grabbing that box already currently considering it applies to backblast, shoot first and flechette round. They are just replacing tendon blast with sucker punch.

Edited by Raansu

These changes are marginal at best. Does nothing to address the challenges we face in PVP. We didn't need a damage buff. Concealment needed buffed defensive cooldown's and buffed DOT, the amount of burst we have is fine.

Defensive adjustments were said to still be on the drawing board and they agree we need them, so at least its a start. And I think it does buff sustained a good bit. My scoundrel is going to look like a boxer in the 1920's with all the rolling punches.

I was hoping for DF changes.

As far as dps goes DF is fine. It just needs some QoL changes in terms of survivability and also maybe rethink the range of wounding shots. Maybe find a middle ground and make it 15-20m instead of the 10m it is currently at. Having its dots at 30m and its main attack at 10m I admit is kind of clunky, but outside of that, the spec is quite bursty.

Yeah, but it's gonna take 2 extra skill points to get it...

Meticulously kept blades is what increases the crit bonus damage of lacerate. Every single operative that is skilled takes meticulously kept blades anyway.

Erm...no it wont. If you play scrapper you should be grabbing that box already currently considering it applies to backblast, shoot first and flechette round. They are just replacing tendon blast with sucker punch.

Yeah...I just real quick googled an out-dated description of the skill when it was a 1 point box. I see it now, and I'm relieved :)

They're buffs, but calling them significant .. not so sure about that .. we sill die with the whispering wind ..

They did mention that there's few ways they can buff Scouperative DPS survivability without mucking up the Healing tree. Although it's high time Ops got some buff, I would rather it not be at the expense of making the other 2 healers even less attractive than they currently are.

i agreed until the burst part. Although the said they know about our suvivabilty problem, its bioware and they aren't going to do anything and if they do it will be in 2 years. I want more burst because it is more likely we will get it as it requires less effort on their part, which they are all about.

They're buffs, but calling them significant .. not so sure about that .. we sill die with the whispering wind ..

As far as dps goes these changes are fairly significant. Sucker punch alone is going to start hitting for 6-7k now with it being applied to the surge talent and our alacrity talent is being changed to 6% crit chance increase. Shoot first is still going to be ridiculous RNG due to the 2.0 crit nerf, but everything else is going to hit a lot harder now, and flying fists is going to have 100% proc. These changes are bigger than people are realizing.

But yes, I agree that the class is still way too squishy.

i do not get what is so hard about increase their defense...

simply add a DD stance that provides several advatages and disadvantages, 5sec CT time last til its manually canceld costs100%power and consumes all available UH/TA, highly affected by pushbacks.

1.) provides a 80% outgoing heal reduction (prevention to be used by healers) but medpacks and to get rid of that lousy H2F perception of the developers :p

2.) gives the scramble/evasive imperative effect for free

3.)using defensive screen/shieldprobe ads a 20-40% incomming dmg reduction for 5-15sec.

3a) tremendously increase of the HP-pool provides by the screen 2-3 times its current value

4) reuse timer reduction of disapearing act/cloaking screen by 3sec per attack aimed on the ops/scoundrel including dots, to a maximum of 45sec [add sth. comparable to the non tank-stances of shades and sins]

4a) add a 5sec invulnarable timeframe after its usage [its quite laughable that the 2 main stealthers are not as able to vanish than sent/maro]

5.) flat % critrate increasement to make these specs functional

Edited by Tankqull