New Armored Varactyl and Auto Cannon Price

Smoochi

If you have a second account and 22 characters on your first account, then that's a whole different story.

But on the other hand, if you play enough to have 2 accounts because your first one is filled with characters, you should have no problems whatsoever to make money.

Unless all those chars are low-mid level characters and you have no end-game ones of course.

But then maby it's worth it to buy the Varactyl after all.

your choice.

No, half of my characters are max level, but as I said alts are expensive and I don't always want to do dailies (they burn me out quite quickly). There are lots of other things I still need to buy. Also, atm I don't even have the time to run dailies. I don't have problems making money, it's a matter of priorities. So, to me it's worth the 2,400 cc (even though as I said they are a bit expensive) compared to the other options (would be a different story if varactyls were as cheap on my server as they seem to be on others).

No offense intended but all those misunderstandings arose because you didn't read properly and assumed things. (For example I stated it was for my other account, not character and I never said that I have a separate account just for alts)

And yes, it's my choice.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TL;DR one reason for CM content is to give players things to spend their free coins on. But yeah, plenty are being purchased as well.

Que? There are very few things in the CM you can spend your monthly coins on. 500 a month means you'll have to save up for 5 months if you want the varactyl. And that's not even taking collections into account. The CM does serve several purposes, but rewarding subscribers is not one of them.

Que? There are very few things in the CM you can spend your monthly coins on. 500 a month means you'll have to save up for 5 months if you want the varactyl. And that's not even taking collections into account. The CM does serve several purposes, but rewarding subscribers is not one of them.

And plenty of players don't spend any CC for several months... so they might buy one with their saved up CC.

No, half of my characters are max level, but as I said alts are expensive and I don't always want to do dailies (they burn me out quite quickly). There are lots of other things I still need to buy. Also, atm I don't even have the time to run dailies. I don't have problems making money, it's a matter of priorities. So, to me it's worth the 2,400 cc (even though as I said they are a bit expensive) compared to the other options (would be a different story if varactyls were as cheap on my server as they seem to be on others).

No offense intended but all those misunderstandings arose because you didn't read properly and assumed things. (For example I stated it was for my other account, not character and I never said that I have a separate account just for alts)

And yes, it's my choice.

I don't get it.. There is 4 classes with 2 AC's each that is 8 "classes". You can roll them on both sides so that is 16 characters.

How can you have more then 22 ? o.O

Not flaming or anything I'm seriously just curious. Do you have male and female toons for each class as well or is it because of different alignments so you have for instance 2 Scoundrels where one is Dark and one is Light?

Just curious that's all :)

Edited by redsovereign

I don't get it.. There is 4 classes with 2 AC's each that is 8 "classes". You can roll them on both sides so that is 16 characters.

Not flaming or anything I'm seriously just curious. Do you have male and female toons for each class as well or is it because of different alignments so you have for instance 2 Scoundrels where one is Dark and one is Light?

Maybe some of them are "banking characters"? Characters made solely for access to additional cargo bays. Not sure how common that is in TOR though seeing as you can have quite a few of them on one character allready.

The CM does serve several purposes, but rewarding subscribers is not one of them.

:rolleyes:

~25% of the cartel coins in circulation are from the coin allotments given to subs. So clearly YES IT DOES serve and reward players.

Many players sit on their coin allotments and don't blow them on cartel packs or "credit converters" every month. ;)

Some people just enjoy having a lot of characters. Me personally I have 16 on one server and all but a handful of them are Empire. I play all of them but 2-3 of them are my main focus. I'll have friends who sometime try the game out so I'll roll a new character to level up with them and show them the ropes. Plus you can try out all the skill trees, and sometimes it's just fun to roll a pure blood Sith Jedi Knight, or a Chiss smuggler, even if you already have one of that class. Some of us just have altitis. I played City of Heroes for 8 years and had 50+ characters.

Edited by DaShuk

I only really value the characters on my main account because that one got many account unlocks. I create most of my characters with a (non-SW related frankly) backstory in mind and a personality. I love creating male characters (I'm female) so most of those are male.

I also create one of each AC and a female/male version of each class. The remaining slots are filled with characters I still have in mind with the focus on classes I enjoy playing most.

I have two male Sith juggernauts for instance because I love the class, it fits them most and I want to have a sith and a human one (also, the voice).

I also have a female one because I like the look and the class is fun to play (also the story is my favorite one).

I play most of them quite regularly. Only the ACs I don't like as much stand on the fleet most of the time (sniper, marauder atm). As I do not enjoy endgame (not big into PvP, did some operations while I was still in a guild but that wasn't my cup of tea) I mostly do dailies and some occasional flash points.

My second account is filled with classes I enjoy playing and characters playing versions of class stories none of my main characters do (DS Jedi knight for example) and some races that I don't have on the other account (Rattataki). I don't care as much for those because I don't want to afford getting all the more expensive clothes a second time.

Sometimes I delete some of my characters because I'm not as fond of them anymore which sucks. All the effort for nothing, so I'm planning to create some more toons on a different server. From time to time I consider reducing the amount of characters I play, but there are classes I want to play and characters I don't want to let go of.

And to be completely honest here, I created my second account for dual boxing purposes because I dislike playing with strangers and I like to challenge myself by finishing flashpoints and h4s with both of them (whether it's an actual challenge people might argue, nevertheless I'm having fun doing that).

Just to give some insight in the way I think.

And yeah, what DaShuk said. Chiss snuggler and pureblood knight are quite fun :D

I just can't limit myself on fewer characters.

Some people just enjoy having a lot of characters. Me personally I have 16 on one server and all but a handful of them are Empire. I play all of them but 2-3 of them are my main focus. I'll have friends who sometime try the game out so I'll roll a new character to level up with them and show them the ropes. Plus you can try out all the skill trees, and sometimes it's just fun to roll a pure blood Sith Jedi Knight, or a Chiss smuggler, even if you already have one of that class. Some of us just have altitis. I played City of Heroes for 8 years and had 50+ characters.

I hear you bro I had 30+ chars in City of Heroes/Villains :D

Awesome game!

But it was easy in CoX because that game was about creating "themes" of heroes/villains so if you were a little bit creative you could really roll out character after character.

Edited by redsovereign

~25% of the cartel coins in circulation are from the coin allotments given to subs. So clearly YES IT DOES serve and reward players.

Many players sit on their coin allotments and don't blow them on cartel packs or "credit converters" every month. ;)

I fail to see how those 25% benefit the individual subscriber. It's not a joint pool we can all withdraw from at our leisure. :rolleyes:

Sure, I sit on my coins too usually. Anything on the CM can be gotten off of the GTN after all. But that doesn't really work out when a pack has 3 sets I'd like for my collections; that may be 2 months of saving I'll have to do just to unlock one of them depending on the set. And if I'd like one of the direct purchase speeders too? Yeah, the CM isn't really rewarding me then.

The CM is here to fund the game's maintenance, development and get something outta the non-subscribers. It is not here to give us stuff for supporting the game on a monthly basis.

Edited by Pscyon

Well each AC has three specs, so that's 3*16=48 characters...probably a bit over the top, but even if somebody wanted one of each spec and was ok splitting between factions, that would be 8 ACs * 3 specs = 24 chars.

Also, some people don't want "everything" chars, maybe somebody wants to do pve (ops) and pvp, but wants separate characters (even with "same" spec, there are differences). Since you'll have different gear sets, you might want to use that to your advantage and have different looks, which might also include different race/chargen options. Along those lines:

o Keybinds are char-specific, so if you do different things (spec, PVE, PVP, etc.) you might want to have chars dedicated to them in order to avoid having to swapping specs and keybinds.

o Guild is char-specific. A player might want raiding healing op and a pvp healing op, and want to be in an end-game progression guild with the pve op and a pvp-focused guild with the pvp op in order to surround that char with other players dedicated to those modes. Also, maybe if somebody wants to PVE (or PVP), that person doesn't want to log in and have a bunch of guildies saying "queue for ranked plz" or "need 1H for op, plz don't make us PUG".

Not everybody may have (or want to dedicate) the time to have that many characters (I don't), but I can understand wanting to set up ones stable that way, and (depending on how long the game lasts or one keeps playing), it's unlikely that people want to delete chars they like just because they want to try out a new char or playstyle.

I fail to see how those 25% benefit the individual subscriber. It's not a joint pool we can all withdraw from at our leisure. :rolleyes:

Never said it was a joint pool. You want to trivialize the subscriber stipend. I simply pointed out that it accounts for nearly a quarter of the CC float in the game. And.. some people spend it as fast as they get it and others save for the future, many others.

Besides... the Varactyl is selling on Harbinger for around 2.5-3M credits on the GTN (already) and the Kyber is selling for 700-850K (already). It varies by server, but the fact remains.. the items people are gnashing about are already available on the GTNs for fairly reasonable prices (based on normal CC-2-Credits rates). So, no..you don't even need a hoard of coins.

Protip: the GTN is the actual pathway to the joint pooling of CCs in the player float. Make use of it IMO, or spend your CCs. Either way works... but as you acknowledged, you already know this.

The CM is here to fund the game's maintenance, development and get something outta the non-subscribers. It is not here to give us stuff for supporting the game on a monthly basis.

Actually, it serves both purposes. If it was only to server the first purpose, then there would be no free coins to subs and no tradability of CM content between players. A lot of players have little use for the coins, so they buy items and sell them to others... thus promoting a broad benefit of the free coins for subs to everyone in game.

Edited by Andryah

Protip: the GTN is the actual pathway to the joint pooling of CCs in the player float. Make use of it IMO, or spend your CCs. Either way works... but as you acknowledged, you already know this.

No amount of GTN use is ever going to get me Collection unlocks. Unless they're going to let us trade them amongst each other this huge amount of subscriber CCs isn't as impressive as you want it to be. And other than as an act of goodness, I can't possibly imagine any reason they'd do that, because it's not a good business move.

Never said it was a joint pool. You want to trivialize the subscriber stipend. I simply pointed out that it accounts for nearly a quarter of the CC float in the game. And.. some people spend it as fast as they get it and others save for the future, many others.

Besides... the Varactyl is selling on Harbinger for around 2.5-3M credits on the GTN (already) and the Kyber is selling for 700-850K (already). It varies by server, but the fact remains.. the items people are gnashing about are already available on the GTNs for fairly reasonable prices (based on normal CC-2-Credits rates). So, no..you don't even need a hoard of coins.

Actually, it serves both purposes. If it was only to server the first purpose, then there would be no free coins to subs and no tradability of CM content between players. A lot of players have little use for the coins, so they buy items and sell them to others... thus promoting a broad benefit of the free coins for subs to everyone in game.

Actually, since the game existed before the CM, it would be more accurate to label the 25% discount and stipend as a "placation" in lieu of "benefit of subscribing", since many features originally intended for subscribers are now funneled through this avenue of content release.

Regardless of the items being available on the GTN, the amount of time spent doing dailies to attain these items is unrealistic to anyone just trying to have fun and get cool stuff. (before you start in on "there are better ways to make money" not everyone can game the GTN or noone would be making any money off of it.)

I can honestly say, i think swtor would have survived without the CM. I think the game before the CM existed was of a higher quality and more fun.

Edited by Spatology

No amount of GTN use is ever going to get me Collection unlocks. Unless they're going to let us trade them amongst each other this huge amount of subscriber CCs isn't as impressive as you want it to be. And other than as an act of goodness, I can't possibly imagine any reason they'd do that, because it's not a good business move.

I've unlocked about 15% just from GTN acquisitions.

No amount of GTN use is ever going to get me Collection unlocks.

No it wont. That's what your free coins are for... as a sub. :D

AND.. don't have or don't want to spend coins... you are free to do it old school and just buy copies off the GTN. Most people however see the merit in using their sub CCs for things like Collections unlock though.

Edited by Andryah

No it wont. That's what your free coins are for... as a sub. :D

Yeah after a few months of waiting. Soon as a set is more than 500 coins (and that's hardly rare) it's 2 months minimum.

AND.. don't have or don't want to spend coins... you are free to do it old school and just buy copies off the GTN. Most people however see the merit in using their sub CCs for things like Collections unlock though.

Indeed, buying stuff several times off of the GTN is what I usually have to do as a temporary measure. Which isn't a big deal at all right? Well not everyone is a super GTN tradesman who can rake in credits there (I'm not), on a server where GTN selection is good (I'm not; the prices I see listed on some mounts in this thread is ridiculously low compared to what I'm used to), or a fan of grinding dailies for credits. I'll do the damn grind if I have to, and I often do, but when a game stops being fun... you shouldn't be playing the game.

Yeah I use my CCs for unlocks. But the rate of which they add things I want to unlock is pretty high and the rate of which I get CCs is pretty low. So you're damn right I think 500 a month is "trivial".

Indeed, buying stuff several times off of the GTN is what I usually have to do as a temporary measure. Which isn't a big deal at all right? Well not everyone is a super GTN tradesman who can rake in credits there (I'm not), on a server where GTN selection is good (I'm not; the prices I see listed on some mounts in this thread is ridiculously low compared to what I'm used to), or a fan of grinding dailies for credits. I'll do the damn grind if I have to, and I often do, but when a game stops being fun... you shouldn't be playing the game.

Yeah I use my CCs for unlocks. But the rate of which they add things I want to unlock is pretty high and the rate of which I get CCs is pretty low. So you're damn right I think 500 a month is "trivial".

That's because people just talk random numbers out of their backsides really... I'm still waiting for someone to throw a screenshot or whatever, of a page on GTN having numerous Varactyl's for sale for one million credits or so.

I'm sure you have the stats and references to back that up, right?

We'll need the total number of CC's given out through subs, ingame achievements, and friend referrals ( all the "free" CC's given to subs ) and then we'll need the total number of CC's bought directly from EAware by customers. Since you say 25% of all CC is the "free" portion, then you obviously have these numbers. Please, do provide.

And here's the kicker: unless you work for EAware, or are going to pull the "I have a friend who's cousins with the boss of the dude who washes the server room floor " bit, there is no way you have these numbers and no way you know anything regarding their internal financials. And without those financials, you don't have a clue about what percentage of what is what.

We all realize you're one of Eawares' biggest cheerleaders, but you may want to reign it in a notch on what you "know" and what you do not..

Edited by Zorvan

That's because people just talk random numbers out of their backsides really... I'm still waiting for someone to throw a screenshot or whatever, of a page on GTN having numerous Varactyl's for sale for one million credits or so.

http://i42.tinypic.com/msn9kg.jpg

around 4 million on The Progenitor.

Was 2 million a month or two ago, but prices vary as we all know.

But certainly far from the 20 million that some claim.

Edited by OddballEasyEight

Yeah after a few months of waiting. Soon as a set is more than 500 coins (and that's hardly rare) it's 2 months minimum.

Yeah, but do you really need every single one of those sets unlocked for all of your toons immediately?

I unlock sets when I feel that I'll use them on more than 2 toons. If not I'll just buy two of the set or even just the parts I want for my toon.

The unlocks I do are usually covered nicely by the 700 CC I get per month.

http://i42.tinypic.com/msn9kg.jpg

around 4 million on The Progenitor.

Was 2 million a month or two ago, but prices vary as we all know.

But certainly far from the 20 million that some claim.

I was not one of them. Either way, a far cry from the one million that some claimed earlier and more in line with the prices I mentioned earlier....

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=7096538&postcount=42

I was not one of them. Either way, a far cry from the one million that some claimed earlier and more in line with the prices I mentioned earlier....

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=7096538&postcount=42

Like I said, prices do fluctuate.

All I know is that I bought my varactyl for 1.3 million.

And when I bought it, there were three more listed at that price (well, mine was 1.299.999 but you know...).

But since it's been a while since the packs came out, they are becoming more rare, but the point was that they are not as expensive as some want you to think.

Like I said, prices do fluctuate.

All I know is that I bought my varactyl for 1.3 million.

And when I bought it, there were three more listed at that price (well, mine was 1.299.999 but you know...).

But since it's been a while since the packs came out, they are becoming more rare, but the point was that they are not as expensive as some want you to think.

Not as cheap either but then again, I'm not one to ever reach the 50 million credits mark. Can never seem to surpass the 45 one... :rolleyes: