Ilum and Outlaws den PvP rewards.

CHRISGG

Here are the rewards gained for PvPing in these 2 areas.

Outlaws Den

No reward for kills, period.

There is a single chest spawn at a random location in the zone with 20 Mercenary commendations in it. One single chest spawn to fight over, that's it.

You get better commendations for doing Warzones, AND you get Valor while doing it. Outlaws Den is basically worthless.

Ilum

No reward for capturing objectives, aside from daily/weekly quest completion.

No reward for winning.

In Ilum it's worth going just to do your quests, then there's pretty much no reason to play it for the rest of the week.

I'm hoping the rewards just aren't properly implemented yet or something, because this is really, really disappointing.

Edited by CHRISGG

I would certainly guess that they just haven't been properly implemented yet. Aren't mercenary commendations supposed to come from open world PvP?

What ever it might be, BW has to get their act together since more and more are getting to 50.

Edited by ChipHazard

Yeah those are gonna need improvements. For outlaws den to be epic its gonna need a big reward. And I don't know what they're thinking with Ilum.

I would certainly guess that they just haven't been properly implemented yet. Aren't mercenary commendations supposed to come from open world PvP?

What ever it might be, BW has to get their act together since more and more are getting to 50.

You can trade in 30 of the marks you get from warfronts for 10 mercenary commendations. I already have a purple badge bag and I haven't even done any world pvp other than the 3 battles I had while leveling.

Edited by scrynen

Outlaws Den

There is a single chest spawn at a random location in the zone with 20 Mercenary commendations in it. One single chest spawn to fight over, that's it.

I'm hoping the rewards just aren't properly implemented yet or something, because this is really, really disappointing.

You may find more than one chest if you look harder :)

Because of interfaction kill trading i dont mind the lack of rewards. 20 merc coms = 3 warzones. GG

Outlaw den is perfect the way it is.

Ilum on the other hand, every point you make is correct and accurate. My second toon will be on the other side, so i can flip and counterflip objectives.

Ilum is capture and leave, then hope they recapture. There is little doubt in anyones mind that PvP with purpose isnt EAwares objective. This is demonstrated via warzone rewards being time bases moreso than win based.

Ilum needs to generate a meaningful benefit to the side that holds it. Perhaps an 'On Ilum' only bonus so pve crybabies dont whine harmoniously.

You may find more than one chest if you look harder :)

Because of interfaction kill trading i dont mind the lack of rewards. 20 merc coms = 3 warzones. GG

Outlaw den is perfect the way it is.

Ilum on the other hand, every point you make is correct and accurate. My second toon will be on the other side, so i can flip and counterflip objectives.

Ilum is capture and leave, then hope they recapture. There is little doubt in anyones mind that PvP with purpose isnt EAwares objective. This is demonstrated via warzone rewards being time bases moreso than win based.

Ilum needs to generate a meaningful benefit to the side that holds it. Perhaps an 'On Ilum' only bonus so pve crybabies dont whine harmoniously.

20 Merc comms=3 Warzones?

20 Merc comms is 60 Warzone Commendations. That is a single Warzone loss.

Ilum does have a reward, if you capture the bases you get a valor buff to warfronts, up to 150% if you own all bases. if the other faction take the bases, you lose the buff.

It's a 30 minute duration buff which gives you +150 extra Valor points at the end of every Warzone you complete while you have it, not +150%. The percentage buff is for Valor from PvP kills, except currently, they don't grant any.

Ilum's benefit is actually a benefit to WZs? WHAT?! If that is true it is sickening and will drive me away from the game. I want nothing to do with WZs, if my "open world" PvP objectives are to improve WZ rewards, those PvP objectives can piss right off. WZs are pointless, you shouldn't get any points/rewards/commendations for them in any regard.

It's looking more and more like I'm just going to play through the stories and get the F out of the game. If there's no real PvP in a giant galaxy with an epic conflict story like STAR WARS, then the makers got it wrong and don't deserve my support.

It's looking more and more like I'm just going to play through the stories and get the F out of the game. If there's no real PvP in a giant galaxy with an epic conflict story like STAR WARS, then the makers got it wrong and don't deserve my support.

there isnt.

Ilum's benefit is actually a benefit to WZs? WHAT?! If that is true it is sickening and will drive me away from the game. I want nothing to do with WZs, if my "open world" PvP objectives are to improve WZ rewards, those PvP objectives can piss right off. WZs are pointless, you shouldn't get any points/rewards/commendations for them in any regard.

Not another one. Please stop acting like open world PvP is some sort of amazing shrine to skill. It's not skillful and it's not fun. It's either ganking or a massive zerg v zerg. Warzone PvP is far more balanced and enjoyable to play.

Not another one. Please stop acting like open world PvP is some sort of amazing shrine to skill. It's not skillful and it's not fun. It's either ganking or a massive zerg v zerg. Warzone PvP is far more balanced and enjoyable to play.

So because that's your opinion it makes it OK that the world pvp zones are almost worthless?

If you don't like world PvP there's a simple move you can make, join a PvE server. I hate people joining PvP servers because they like to do instance PvP. That is not the reason to join a PvP server, you can do instanced PvP from any type of server. The reason you join a PvP server is for the world PvP. Unfortunately not only have most people forgotten this but also the devs.

There has to be some kind of PvP update in the first content patch that's coming later this month IIRC. Open World PvP should be the focus of a PvP server, and players should be rewarded for playing well. Tatooine, Hoth, Alderaan, etc. would become hugely popular planets to congregate either to hunt enemies or protect lower leveled friends/guildies from being killed. If you want to prevent ganking, don't grant Merc Commendations for kills where you kill someone more than 4 levels below you.

The percentage buff is for Valor from PvP kills, except currently, they don't grant any.

LOL

I we still in BETA?

Come on... this stuff isn't difficult to implement, one day of works top (including QA) while it adds some point to PvP outside the warzones.

Imagine my surprise recently on Hoth when I found that killing enemy player doesn't give you anything. No XP, no CRs, no valor, no commendations. This was last time I attacked any player outside the warzone.

Outlaws Den

You get better commendations for doing Warzones, AND you get Valor while doing it. Outlaws Den is basically worthless.

Ilum

No reward for capturing objectives, aside from daily/weekly quest completion.

No reward for winning.

In Ilum it's worth going just to do your quests, then there's pretty much no reason to play it for the rest of the week.

Wrong. Wrong... and Wrong.

Have you even BEEN to Ilum's western shelf? Or would you like me to show you screenshots to prove your points completely bunk/FUD? Oh, and Outlaw's Den is the best source of harvestables in the game + has the chests. By the way, a kill DOES grant Valor, there's just no on-screen message. Go note down your Valor count then go kill someone in Ilum's Western Shelf and look again... I got 30 Valor per kill with the 200% buff up + while grouped with someone else.

Only needed change is to drop mercenary commendations for kills.

Ilum point-by-point:

+Kills grant Valor without an "xp" type message.

+Capturing gives you a stackable buff for % boosts to Valor for kills in Ilum, *and* for Warzone completions.

+Winning gives you a buff while your side holds all five points for extra Valor for kills in Ilum.

Edited by Ancen

Base ilum valour per kill is 10. With defender buff and 5 flips, you get 40 valour per kill. (tested via 1v1 @ l50)

Que warzone for an extra 200 valour while holding x5 ilum buffs. 5% bonus.

Ilum is for trading weeklies/dalies at the moment. Cap and leave, cap and leave.

I strongly disagree with the current effect of setup, even only at Outlaw's Den, there is NONE PvP aside from ganking people doing their quests. Why would I want to look for PvP that way???? That is the most random way to find fighting.

We have these two focused pvp areas (or more I'm not sure), there is no excuse they are not functioning. $150,000,000 thanks!

PvP person in change NOW! (non PvE absorbed)

FAT SALARY

oh wait-PvP doesn't matter they will still have tons of $$$ made. PvP will wreck PvE immersion

O***!!!!!!!!

(this is not a insult it is feedback)

double Oh-wait-PvE isn't even that immersed because of over-sharding in social areas.

PvP can co-exist with PvE, but not like this...

Edited by WLpride

Base ilum valour per kill is 10. With defender buff and 5 flips, you get 40 valour per kill. (tested via 1v1 @ l50)

Que warzone for an extra 200 valour while holding x5 ilum buffs. 5% bonus.

Ilum is for trading weeklies/dalies at the moment. Cap and leave, cap and leave.

I get 1,5K valor per warzone win. Does this seem fair in comparison to anybody?

so u have never been in a massive battle with 30 or 40 v 40 then. Until u have been in one of those u dont know about real about world fights. If ima play 8v8 im better of rocking some cod or something, atleast in that game i dont get nothing but huttball.

After todays patch nothing is spawning in outlaws den, prior to the patch you could gather and run around waiting for the *rare* but nice chest spawn and there would be a decent amount of 50s in the zone for some PVP, now there is nothing, no nodes, no chests, just vendors

With a the long tatooine loading time combined with no rewards the question is where is 50 PVP now???

What do you do at 50? Now I am lost, only thing left for me is warzones, on republic side on my server it is damn near impossible to find flashpoint groups and warzones get boring when you queue non stop...