Can we name our ships?

Sadishist

I want to call my bomber Kirov so whenever I join a game I can say "Kirov reporting !":D

I also want a shark paintjob at the tips of railguns and a painting of a female twilek in republic dancer costume hugging a proton torpedo while saying "We can do it" on the wings":rolleyes:

Edited by Davionix
addition

Yeah give us call signs or something, if we want to, while we are at it, you know how world war II pilots decorated their fighters with sharks or other images on the nose, can that come in eventually as a customization option? It would be really fun :cool:

I also want a shark paintjob at the tips of railguns and a painting of a female twilek in republic dancer costume hugging a proton torpedo while saying "We can do it" on the wings":rolleyes:

ME WANT!

SW WWII Nose Art FTW! I demand Twi'lek Mae West artwork!

It doesn't seem like it would be too difficult for the devs to give us a bank of symbols/characters (basically clipart) to throw on the nose of our ships...

It's a great idea to help make your ship feel individual, as 3ish paint jobs and 5 color sets doesn't really give a ton of options.

Also having a call-sign or even a ship name show up with your toon name would be awesome as well! I'm for it all!

We should be able to customize our ships.

I want a game mode where your stock is the five ships you queued in with, and when a ship is destroyed you choose another ship. Possibly with some limits to prevent comp cheese. Would be awesome.

I would kill to have a Flying Tigers style shark mouth paintjob on the nose of my Star Guard.

If they added the option to add WWII style nose art with your own customized name that would also be super cool.

I want to call my bomber Kirov so whenever I join a game I can say "Kirov reporting !":D

Make it a fat male twilek (in dancer outfit) licking a railgun and we've got a deal.

If this ever happens, theyll only allow pre-set names. Think of the harassment/abusive names people will think up and the added GM time needed to deal witht he immature players that chose those names.

Just like how they only allow preset character names, right?

Just like how they only allow preset character names, right?

Technically names wouldnt work on a ship becuase that would mean the game would have to generate a new texture for each name created, which would cuase so many problems. Plus nobody can ever read whats painted on your ship anyway so why does it matter?

Although +1 for the flying tigers piantjob, although i am not sure how that would fit on my scout's nose.

Edited by Zoom_VI