Login Issues

EricMusco

It's not awesome, it's their job and a cushy one at that.

Also, we don't even know what they did, if anything. And if it is something they fixed, it was too late because the game went down.

They did something, for worst tho, I have friends that get constantly kicked even while we talk without them being lag or kicked on ventrilo.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I take it the issues still haven't been resolved, when I get to the loading screen with the Starfighters it just suddenly stops and disappears back to my desktop screen.

That's called crash to desktop. That's something on your end, has nothing to do with the network.

It's not awesome, it's their job and a cushy one at that.

Also, we don't even know what they did, if anything. And if it is something they fixed, it was too late because the game went down.

How on earth would you be in a position to judge if it is a "cushy" job? How are you defining that? Do you know their hours? Pay? Benefits? Responsibilities? Any pertinent information? What are you comparing it to? The army? Sweatshops in the 3rd world? What's your baseline?

Or are you just being a jerk?

I'm going to go out a limb and say the connectivity issues have not been resolved. I keep getting wicked lag spikes that make the game unplayable. Non of my other applications running even so much as stutter. No other games played online have any issues.

I'm getting tired of 5 minute play times having to exit and come back to the game only to have it rinse and repeat.

I'm going to go out a limb and say the connectivity issues have not been resolved.

Here's the thing ------> IF it is not affecting every player, then it is likely that the issue is not simply performance at the Bioware server farm, login server, or any other solely Bioware point of failure.

Many things along the way can in fact affect client performance, lag, etc. Yes, a server can be sick and cause it.. but so can the network route from you to the server, your own router, even a glitch in your TCPIP stack in your OS.

I have had some cases since launch were my client performance and lag sucked. And a few times it was the server going south (The Harbinger, particularly last spring) and a few times it was an issue with the internet backbone between me and the Servers (which I could confirm by running ping tests and seeing the backbone fluctuating all over the place.. and it did that for more then a day before some IT chimp somewhere finally fixed it).

Besides.....

The title of this thread and what started it was -----> LOGIN issues.

The thread has been largely hijacked as a bucket for every performance complaint any player is experiencing.

Edited by Andryah

ahh, another group of kids who have the need to seek attention because they can't find constructive things to do with their time. Mommy and daddy didn't discipline them enough. (was going to say spank instead of discipline, but people get uptight about that.) Edited by darkapprentice

Turns out it was firewall for win 7. Customer service walked me through the fix (took more time to dial their number than it took to fix this).

I just had to deny firewall, then allow firewall for SWTOR and bam, fixed.

I am very grateful to Jess who helped me, I hope the customer support team has a great new year, and thanks for all the hard work and the awesome awesome awesome game.

Edited by Eyepoke
new information

Considering the swtor servers went down the same time they posted they crashed EA's login servers...Yes it was them.

What? No way, it's not like this game is directly related to EA or anything... oh wait... :rolleyes:

Sorry Korodoch... it's pretty obvious...

Edited by idnewton

• 3 years later...