Patch 2.6 and Pushback

darthjanus

Thank you Bioware for this promising update to alleviate pushback effects on Lightning Strike and Force Lightning in Patch 2.6! However for Lightning spec sorcerers the real culprit in regards to pushback effects is Crushing Darkness. Please consider extending the proposed 2.6 talent to include Crushing Darkness as well! If not, lightning sorcerers will need to make sure Static Barrier is up before casting Crushing Darkness, essentially wasting a global cooldown.

Personally, I would love to see Crushing Darkness reworked for Lightning sorcerers. It has always felt somewhat out of place to me for the feel of the spec. Lightning already has one long cast with Thundering Blast and Crushing Darkness suffers greatly from pushback. The spec needs either a method to synergize Crushing Darkness into the rotation easily as Wrath does for Madness, or Crushing Darkness should be revamped to make it unappealing to include in Lightning's rotation (such as lower baseline damage that is circumvented for Madness in the Wrath talent).

Edited by darthjanus

Why are you thanking them? It really won't change anything in the scheme of things with regards to class balance, nor change much about the glaring deficiencies in both the madness and lightning trees.

Heck it seems as if you're even going to have to invest in skill points to get pushback progression. Not like sorcs already have a huge skill tax to get stuff that snipers get for free.

I really can't wait for Wildstar to come fast enough at this point.

Also no mention of any pushback protection on the longest heal in the game, Dark Infusion, nor any other changes to make corruption even remotely arena-viable...I guess Bioware's metrics have told them I am the last sorc healer still playing the game (and I don't do it in full corruption anymore, either). :(

correct at the end of the day it doesnt change anything, all our casted skills need this protection but the pvp director for this game is extremely ignorant.

if someone was to tell u they r making a ranged class that has no defense against cloakers that has to cast to do dmg or heal and they have the worst armor in game. the response would be ... are they dumb! active 55 players keep dropping someone will be fired at some point.

I think the Issue with Crushing Darkness is that both specs can use it quite thoroughly and would both benefit from it, and putting it in 2 skill trees would be a little mundane... Problem is, Shadows tanks would use it more if no pushback, and Shadow DPS would need the Pushback thing too, so either put it in 4 skill trees or let shadow tanks get it too... And I think Shadow tanks would be a little OP, and 4 specs is too much work for Bioware to care -_-

After seeing this, I only have a few questions left.

Where is the pushback protection for Crushing Darkness, Thundering Blast an Chain Lightning in Lightning spec?

Where is the Corruption revamp to make it viable in pvp?

Where is the fix for Madness' force issues?

Where is the fix for Madness' damage for pve?

Where is the baseline Fadeout?

Won't even go into minor QoL things, like Unnatural Preservation and Static Barrier on self off the GCD, Wrath being too random, Shock's CD being too long for Lightning, Overload with no baseline movement impairing effect, being a cone and being too weak. If the above mentioned change will be the only one, Sorcerers will remain basically as screwed as they are now, and it will be time for me to actually put mine on the shelf, start raiding on my sniper, and keep on not pvping on my sorc.

After seeing this, I only have a few questions left.

Where is the pushback protection for Crushing Darkness, Thundering Blast an Chain Lightning in Lightning spec?

CL can be instant cast in Lightning Spec every 10 sec. Or hold the proc and instant cast 2 CL's almost back to back. Why do you need push back protection on that ability?

Also no mention of any pushback protection on the longest heal in the game, Dark Infusion, nor any other changes to make corruption even remotely arena-viable...I guess Bioware's metrics have told them I am the last sorc healer still playing the game (and I don't do it in full corruption anymore, either). :(

Look in the leaderboards for solo ranked. Do you see Housemd and Fingerling in top 10 there? Both sorc healers. Full healers. Though i agree on your dark infusion point

Edited by Aerilas

Thank you Bioware for this promising update to alleviate pushback effects on Lightning Strike and Force Lightning in Patch 2.6! However for Lightning spec sorcerers the real culprit in regards to pushback effects is Crushing Darkness. Please consider extending the proposed 2.6 talent to include Crushing Darkness as well! If not, lightning sorcerers will need to make sure Static Barrier is up before casting Crushing Darkness, essentially wasting a global cooldown.

Excuse me, but what are the Sage names for Lightning Strike, Force Lightning and Crushing Darkness ? I don't play a Sorc, only Sage, that's why I askl, and everybody says that both are mirror classes ...

They already have a proc system in place for lightning (Lightning Storm) what they need to do is take Thundering Blast off the Proc list and add it to the instant ability when proc'd this would give lightning specs a choice to hit Chain Lightning or Thunder Blast as instant.( give it a moderate cooldown of 6-8 seconds) That way they could spam Lightning Strike proc tb LS LS LS proc CL.it would make the class a lot more mobile with quick burst potentional.

I would cut down Lightning Effusion making it 1 spell instead of 2 and put in as a tier 1 abilitiy and put it on a cooldown of 8 second so they can't just nuke all day they can nuke in chunks but will run dry if they don't socre a kill over time. With the 30% regen and 1 free cast every 8 seconds it will still keep there Force in a decent range but not bottomless pit like it is now. For Madness give Lightning Burns 20 force instead of 2 return (2 force is a joke) Make Crushing Dakness Internal instead of Kinetic and Madness is done.

For heals make Force Surge affect Revivification and Dark Infusion and make the instant free of force if there is three stacks. Also make Force Benind affect Resurgance (if 2 points)by healing the caster for the same amount as the target. Those two changes alone would solve a lot of problems for them.

Problems Sovled.

Look in the leaderboards for solo ranked. Do you see Housemd and Fingerling in top 10 there? Both sorc healers. Full healers. Though i agree on your dark infusion point

It would be nice if the leaderboards showed most-played spec--I'm not on their servers so I just assumed they were running madness.

Even so, we basically have the two best sorc healers in the game buried under around 12 scouperatives, with far more scouperatives than sorcs filling the slots behind them. And yes, I recognize *shudder* that mando healers are even further behind, but at least they're getting a little bit of attention even if not a lot.

We (corruption spec at least) get nothing. As usual.

Edited by AdrianDmitruk

CL can be instant cast in Lightning Spec every 10 sec. Or hold the proc and instant cast 2 CL's almost back to back. Why do you need push back protection on that ability?

You hardcast it when AOEing. By the way, in case the point wasn't obvious: basically make all damaging abilities immune to pushback, or at the very least include Crushing Darkness to the 70% pushback reduction talent. Now that I think about it, feel free to add Lightning Storm to the list too.

It would be nice if the leaderboards showed most-played spec--I'm not on their servers so I just assumed they were running madness.

Even so, we basically have the two best sorc healers in the game buried under around 12 scouperatives, with far more scouperatives than sorcs filling the slots behind them. And yes, I recognize *shudder* that mando healers are even further behind, but at least they're getting a little bit of attention even if not a lot.

We (corruption spec at least) get nothing. As usual.

You got a nerf of not being able to cleanse Madness dots attention but not in a good way.

Edited by Devinia-Hex

Well first off basing class balance off of solo ranked is very stupid. Basing class balance off of just two people's results is equally stupid.

Corruption needs buffs simply because Operative Hot healing is stronger than what sorcs can offer, but also because they offer better resource management, survivability and of course utility.

Mercs at least offer utility through electronet, but sorcs don't bring anything to the table as corruption other than being a subpar healer that needs to be babysat.

This is the reason why people are complaining. It's not that these changes aren't positive, they just don't change much in the grand scheme of things.

Agreed Lightning needed 2 pushback protection : FL and CD.

Also new crit values would make It nice if lightning barrage (FL channel halved) would rather than have 50/100% on affliction crit proc to be 20/40% on affliction damage.

That single proc is the reason lightning spec damage is all over the place.

Since they also seem to not want more defensives, static barrier on yourself needs to be free and off the GCD. No exception.

Edited by verfallen

Well first off basing class balance off of solo ranked is very stupid. Basing class balance off of just two people's results is equally stupid.

Corruption needs buffs simply because Operative Hot healing is stronger than what sorcs can offer, but also because they offer better resource management, survivability and of course utility.

Mercs at least offer utility through electronet, but sorcs don't bring anything to the table as corruption other than being a subpar healer that needs to be babysat.

This is the reason why people are complaining. It's not that these changes aren't positive, they just don't change much in the grand scheme of things.

Do you even read? When did i base class balance off of ANYTHING. I simply replied to the man that there are a few players who still do good in corruption, despite it being worse than medicine

Agreed that CD needs something to help with the push back as lightning spec. However I would also like to point out that as a class that can be either heals or dps, we only get a 6% boost to our mainstat from the talent tree. While other dps/healer classes Mercs and Operative can get up to 9% of their mainstat. I wouldn't mind having that change put in there for sorcs.

I dont bother pvping with my sorc anymore, mainly cause of the big target I put on myself by just being a sorc in a wz. This patch is definitely a pvp update/balance thing. I know that I never have any pushback issues in pve as lightning sorc, except when casting CD.

Agreed that CD needs something to help with the push back as lightning spec. However I would also like to point out that as a class that can be either heals or dps, we only get a 6% boost to our mainstat from the talent tree. While other dps/healer classes Mercs and Operative can get up to 9% of their mainstat. I wouldn't mind having that change put in there for sorcs.

I dont bother pvping with my sorc anymore, mainly cause of the big target I put on myself by just being a sorc in a wz. This patch is definitely a pvp update/balance thing. I know that I never have any pushback issues in pve as lightning sorc, except when casting CD.

Exactly.. So then why the hell not fix the pushback on CD (Mind Crush for sages)? It's not like they don't know its jacked the hell up :rolleyes:

You hardcast it when AOEing. By the way, in case the point wasn't obvious: basically make all damaging abilities immune to pushback, or at the very least include Crushing Darkness to the 70% pushback reduction talent. Now that I think about it, feel free to add Lightning Storm to the list too.

CL has a 6sec CD anyway. You can't spam it for AOE. If you want more AOE then hybrid and pick up Death Field. You gain wrath to instant LS that then procs CL as an instant. Pop reckless, CL then DF. You just did like 12k min to everyone in the area. And your usuing polarity shift to be un interruptable with non wrath LS already.

On many boss fight, aoe phase will still do pushback on you. Its not as marked as when you are trying to cast CD or lose half the damage on Barrage FL, but its there.

Snipers don't lose any damage, and marauders actually can transform damage taken in extra damage with faster fury stack and cloak of pain. Meanwhile, mercs and sorcs were getting dps loss, which is what they are trying to fix I think.

Tbh pushback should be 100% immune on any spec staple move that has to be hardcasted. CD, barrage FL, LS, Force Storm, TB.

Faction imbalance. Every game against the pubs is a given win so as long as they can somewhat break even in same faction games they're going to end up on top. Multiply that with a high amount of games played and you'll get a high rating. Now, I think HouseMD is a good healer, not necessarily the best in the game but even if he had been he would have had a significally lower rating as sage on TOFN.

Edited by MidichIorian