Female Romance Options

Vasdenjas

You think that's bad? Play a female Sith Inquisitor. I'm level 29 and not had one flirt option given to me yet. Not ONE! >_<

Unfortunately that goes for all females compared to males number of flirts...

I've tested this and it really is just not fair!

:mad:

Ok so I am now level 40 and I know who my last two companions will be (don't worry there will be no spoilers) and lets just say that the last male companion a counsler get is in no way a romance option...ok let me rephrase, I have read that he is but there is no way the creators can except me to see the companion as such.

Now I cheated and looked at all the companions each class gets and let me just say that I am completely disappointed. The options that I would settle for are have not been made romancable. I would settle for the companion counslers get in their mid-thirties but apparently he not available as an interest (I will still continue to give him more gifts than he can handle all in the hopes that maybe he is). And honestly, how can they expect a female to want to romance the companion you get at level 24?]

I am a female Consular player playing a female char. From what I've worked out, the 2nd companion consular side is not romanceable, but I agree with above, my consular would not want to romance such a person (though maybe somebody's would). The 4th companion is the romance option, but.... he pales in the comparison to the 3rd companion, also stated above. Said 3rd companion has a fascinating story and is all around totally cool. Admittedly, I'm 50 now and having finished his story, a romance with him does not make sense until he trusts the consular. However, can Bioware please add one for him later??? He's so awesome! Does anyone know if romances will be added for current characters in the future, besides same-sex ones?

• 2 weeks later...
I am a female Consular player playing a female char. From what I've worked out, the 2nd companion consular side is not romanceable, but I agree with above, my consular would not want to romance such a person (though maybe somebody's would). The 4th companion is the romance option, but.... he pales in the comparison to the 3rd companion, also stated above. Said 3rd companion has a fascinating story and is all around totally cool. Admittedly, I'm 50 now and having finished his story, a romance with him does not make sense until he trusts the consular. However, can Bioware please add one for him later??? He's so awesome! Does anyone know if romances will be added for current characters in the future, besides same-sex ones?

I think it doesn't go further than one night with the 2nd consular companion, but then the man has other... attachments. I really liked both the 3rd and 4th, but when the romance question comes up the 4th hasn't really had much time to make an impression. The 3rd is definitely one that should have a continuing story line with romance, hopefully open to both genders.

Now, I don't think we know that *any* content will be added to current companions, romance or no. I mean, I would certainly hope both for opening romances in the leveling experiences for players interested in same-gender content and new content at 50, but nothing has been said either way. I assume all current companions will get new content down the line, but as far as I know nothing has been said about that either. I really really hope they won't stay static once we've reached 50 and their current max. affection.

I've got a 50 Bounty Hunter, a 24 Jedi Knight, a 16 Smuggler, a 12 Agent, and an 11 Sith Warrior. First of all, Mako's a bit irritating, but she's the cutest companion ever. I loved being the big hunter dude who could protect her, but she could still shoot a blaster well despite being very cute. I'm into the Jedi Knight story now, and though Kira was a little rough for me, I'm totally into her now. I just got to Tatooine after learning her "little secret" after Nar Shaddaa, which I TOTALLY did not see coming. Kira's really growing on me, and I have a feeling I'm really going to enjoy myself. The Smuggler is okay so far, Risha's nice and amusing, and I'll still romance her, but she's not entirely clicking for me.

Kaliyo is a *****. I love the bad girl deal, but she's totally against my moral code and she's tough to gain affection with. The Agent class does not work for me at all, I feel like the Empire's lackey instead of holding any significance. Plus I don't even know what an "evil James Bond" would be.

The Sith Warrior is making out to be good. I'm a cold, calculating Sith who channels his emotions inwards, and keeps them to himself. As a result, I think I'm going to like Jaesa when I meet her, turning her to the Dark Side and watching her, as the super-passionate Sith, compare with me. Vette is very cute and funny; I may have to make another Sith Warrior just to find out what she's like. For the Trooper, Elara is super hot. I have a weakness for blondes, and especially ones who can kick ***. She reminds me of Starbuck from Battlestar Galactica, only less emotional and open (which I plan to change).

As for the Inquisitor and the Consular, I cannot get into them. Firstly, I feel if I'm an inquisitor, I MUST be mega-evil, otherwise I just feel like I'm not playing the character right (especially with a wacko like Khem Val on your side). And the Consular, while having a super-hot companion, their male voice is impossible to match to a face, and they don't get Nadia until level 44 at least. Ridiculous.

My two cents. Goodnight.

Something I've actually heard a lot of people say (and i must say, i agree) is that they feel the Sith inquisitor companion Khem Val should be a romance option. As someone who was really happy to see Bioware branching out with non-human romance options in ME2, i was slightly disappointed to see the only non-human options in SWTOR are "typical", like Vette and Kaliyo, who look almost totally human. Keep in mind I'm only experienced with the Empire side.

Kaliyo is a *****. I love the bad girl deal, but she's totally against my moral code and she's tough to gain affection with. The Agent class does not work for me at all, I feel like the Empire's lackey instead of holding any significance. Plus I don't even know what an "evil James Bond" would be.

Off the subject of fem romance options I kind of agree about Kaliyo. She's a really cool companion and I like her a lot but boy does she hate my agent. It's a strange choice of company for the agent, which I play in a refined, polite fashion, because it doesn't make much sense to play a slick, clever, subtle spy character as if she were some snarky, raging, brawling party girl. I know the player character can play to gain affection with Kaliyo of course but I would never want to. How would you get through training with an attitude like that and why would Keeper even trust you with sensitive, covert operations if you were such an erratic, ornery prat.

The other thing I don't much like about Kaliyo is that in conversations with her, my character talks as if she isn't the same species! We're both from Rattatak but my character never once acknowledges it. I wonder if they made that race a last minute option for the agent because it sure doesn't reflect it as an option in any dialogue, other than being an alien (no specific type of alien, just "alien").

I could see Kaliyo being a great friend to someone like my dark inquisitor or even a dark bounty hunter but for the agent, it really makes little sense.

Edited by grania

At least you get romances. :rolleyes:

Hey now, no bashing the allies. The SGR side has the same goals, don't go making enemies, please. That's a pretty rude thing to say and I say that as someone who's looking at even the female frequency of flirt options with envy.

Something I've actually heard a lot of people say (and i must say, i agree) is that they feel the Sith inquisitor companion Khem Val should be a romance option. As someone who was really happy to see Bioware branching out with non-human romance options in ME2, i was slightly disappointed to see the only non-human options in SWTOR are "typical", like Vette and Kaliyo, who look almost totally human. Keep in mind I'm only experienced with the Empire side.

I'm pretty sure the Republic doesn't have any alien romances as well.

I wish BW would implement some. I'd like some exotic love for my toon =)

I think he meant alien alien, not "colored human" alien.

Then again, Vette and Ashara (the only two love interests who aren't Star Trek style aliens) *act* very much human.

The only genuinely alien-feeling romance option in the game, ironically, is mostly human - Vector Hyllus, for the Imperial Agent.

Idk if this has been mentioned (I am -not- reading 24 pages of posts), but for a jedi consular, why isn't zenith romanceable? I'm a guy, so I dunno, but I found Lt. Irresso pretty bland/boring. He does have a dark secret, but his attitude is all "yeah w/e" or "hey I'll roll with that"

Theran already has a sentient hologram of a GF (AWKWARD!). Plus hes sleezy and I just want to punch his face in (dunno about ladies...?)

Zenith seems a more complex/interesting character. His years struggling against the Imps as a resistance fighter have left him jaded/gruff. He doesn't trust people. It was implied he was kicked off balmorra because he has learned too much from the Imps he was fighting... (Be careful when staring into the abyss, as the abyss will stare back into you, when fighting monsters you might become one yourself, kinda thing).

Isn't he something of the "bad boy" archetype? As a romance BW could either go that route, and/or bring out a specific event that "changed" him, and allow the female players to "heal" him from this emotional trauma? Loss of a close friend, betrayal by said friend, family/loved one died, etc. I dunno, he seems to have potential. If nothing else it would apply to the female xenophiles out there!

Ladies... am I wrong here? >.>

On another note... yeah why couldn't they level the playing field more? Why did one class get x2 male x2 female, and others only 1/1? Couldn't all classes/genders have a LS/DS romance option? Or at least the option to shift the alignment of a romance option? With jedi consulars Nadia is your padawan. Her character is also naive/new to the galactic stage. Her species is also new to the force. They have so few force users/contact with the galaxy that they really have no idea what it is. Eager to learn this new power of hers/trusting her master, it would be easy to corrupt her to the dark side (same with the SI's togruta companion/love interest. Her pride broke her from the order.... and could break her even more?)

Are you so amazingly ignorant that you think the only people who play games are heterosexual?

I am sure that person is not... However, try following this line of reasoning:

Homosexual people are a fairly small minority, roughly between 3% and 10% of the population, depending on whose numbers you believe.

If we assume that homosexual people are proportionally represented then between 3% and 10% of SWTOR players are homosexual.

The amount of people on these boards clamoring about the unfairness of leaving out SGRA at least anecdotally appears much higher than that.

Now add in the not insignificant number of male MMO players who choose female avatars for aesthetic reasons.

I would argue that while SGRA will be a boon to homosexual players, many, many more straight male players with female characters will be the ones availing themselves of lesbian romances.

On another note... yeah why couldn't they level the playing field more? Why did one class get x2 male x2 female, and others only 1/1? Couldn't all classes/genders have a LS/DS romance option? Or at least the option to shift the alignment of a romance option? With jedi consulars Nadia is your padawan. Her character is also naive/new to the galactic stage. Her species is also new to the force. They have so few force users/contact with the galaxy that they really have no idea what it is. Eager to learn this new power of hers/trusting her master, it would be easy to corrupt her to the dark side (same with the SI's togruta companion/love interest. Her pride broke her from the order.... and could break her even more?)

I believe you are correct. But as for the "imbalance" I suspect that they left it up to the Story Writers or something, who decided that for story purposes this one fit and that one didn't etc.

The only genuinely alien-feeling romance option in the game, ironically, is mostly human - Vector Hyllus, for the Imperial Agent.

That is why I like him. I think his romance is one of the most interesting.

An alien romance doesn't even has to include any sexual intercourse (because with some it would be impossible), just two very different people that learn to understand each other.

Malavi Quinn is for the female Sith Warrior, right? he looks interesting. Does he prefer bad or good actions?

For the female Imperial agent, I hate the first "bad girl" they give us as a first companion. But I'd love to discover Vector (the only romance option for a female player Imperial agent), he seems quite cool.

I am male and play a female IA Sniper. I would have liked to have a nice romance option for her but Vector is just so not my type. So far the only companion I enjoy is Kaliyo.

I played a Female BH to 50 and never got any lovin outside or Torian.

Rolled a Male Jedi Knight and I broke the Jedi code before level 7.

Good to know my lowbie bh will be celibate into her forties. The closest thing to a flirt I've gotten is when I got to "joke flirt" with the guy in Kaas City. :rolleyes:

Well, I guess if the writers didn't know before that women like to flirt too than they probably know now after all the threads about it~

Good to know my lowbie bh will be celibate into her forties. The closest thing to a flirt I've gotten is when I got to "joke flirt" with the guy in Kaas City. :rolleyes:

Well, I guess if the writers didn't know before that women like to flirt too than they probably know now after all the threads about it~

Well, you do get to flirt with the guy who gives you the bonus series on Nar Shaddaa (except that he's really not that attactive).

If you play it right, you get to marry a Baron on Alderaan and get the title "Baroness" and have a fade-to-black scene.

You get to flirt with a fat quest giver on Hoth (again, not that attractive).

Meanwhile, my SI husband has been macking on pretty much every planet he's been on. Here's to hoping that one day, there will be more flirt options for the female characters.

Well, you do get to flirt with the guy who gives you the bonus series on Nar Shaddaa (except that he's really not that attactive).

If you play it right, you get to marry a Baron on Alderaan and get the title "Baroness" and have a fade-to-black scene.

Meanwhile, my SI husband has been macking on pretty much every planet he's been on. Here's to hoping that one day, there will be more flirt options for the female characters.

Heh yeah I know the two guys you are talking about. One is ugly and the other is yup, fat. It's almost like they thought it would be funny, that our two flirtable men should be unappealing. I think I'm starting to get resentful now so I'll just try to think about something else :o

The baroness thing sounds intriguing..

Edited by grania

I haven't played my female character that much, but I have to agree. My male IA get to flirt with almost every appealing (and unappealing) females he meets so why can't female PCs do the same. I understand that the portion of female players are much smaller, but hey, we pay too.