any info on 2.6?

amona

This, exactly. These changes are disappointing.

[note: my comments are general, not specific or directed to Master-Nala, whose post I am using for context.]

I'm more inclined to wait and see the actual patch notes before condemning. Why? Because Eric could have been imprecise or incomplete in his post, and things very often change before patching goes live.

See, this is the general problem with trying to tease out responses from Eric. As soon as he makes any comments at all in response, they get meta-dissected, judged, condemned, and dismissed......before anything is actually playable by the forum members. It's pre-emptive and counter-productive in the absence of actual patch notes and game play. I freely admit though that it is catnip for disaffected special interest groups. :p

Edited by Andryah

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's never going to happen. Stop asking and stop getting your hopes up. The dev team is extremely small now, their budget is next to nothing, and this game has been on life support for months. Any potential this game had went out the window when it went F2P.

I don't think "life support" means what you think it means.

Any valid points you may had prior dropping that one went out the window on a back of a rocket.

Why oh why do you do this to yourself.

Edited by aeterno

First off, Happy New Year everyone! I am back in the office now from the holidays so we are right back to some yellow posts :)

Game Update 2.6 first and foremost will mark the launch of Galactic Starfighter! That will mean the introduction of:

• The Gunship unlock available for F2P players.
  • A new Gunship variant.
  • Two Bomber variants!
  • ...and more! We will talk more about this next week.

Also, Game Update 2.6 will come with a few class changes, here is just an overview of some of what you will see:

• A fairly significant DPS boost for Operatives/Scoundrels.
  • Mercenaries/Commandos will now have a skill to eliminate pushback on Tracer Missile/Grav Round and Power Shot/Charged Bolts.
  • Sorcerers/Sages will now have a skill to eliminate pushback on Lightning Strike and Force Lightning/Disturbance and Telekinetic Throw.
  • Mercenaries/Commandos can now cast Kolto Shell/Trauma Probe on more than one target at a time.
  • Mercenaries/Commandos can now use Rapid Shots/Hammer Shot on themselves while Combat Support Cylinder/Combat Support Cell are active.

As always, look for the 2.6 patch notes for a full list of all changes that are coming! That is just a preview of what is to come.

-eric

Could you please look into fixing the pushback on crushing darkness for full lightning spec sorcerers? It is a main part of the lightning rotation and is a two second cast yet it has no pushback protection. Thank you for your time.

This, exactly. These changes are disappointing.

And here we have a prime example of why they never tell us anything.

Eric tries to give the community what it says it wants, more communication, and the community does this.

Edited by Icebergy

Could you please look into fixing the pushback on crushing darkness for full lightning spec sorcerers? It is a main part of the lightning rotation and is a two second cast yet it has no pushback protection. Thank you for your time.

That's not a major problem. Your rotation is fine w/o crushing darkness, just cast it when you have a low chance of being hit.

Game Update 2.6 first and foremost will mark the launch of Galactic Starfighter! That will mean the introduction of:

wow pls more GS hyping. Did u ever waste a thought on that ppl who dislike GSF ? Are u aware that a lot of ppl wait for real content in pve and pvp and no mini game ? still no nm mode on DF and DP, still no real crafting, class balance is short (guardian ? real buff for mercs ?) no new ops, no new story ?

my GTC is running out, and it seems i wont ever activate a new 1.

[note: my comments are general, not specific or directed to Master-Nala, whose post I am using for context.]

I'm more inclined to wait and see the actual patch notes before condemning. Why? Because Eric could have been imprecise or incomplete in his post, and things very often change before patching goes live.

See, this is the general problem with trying to tease out responses from Eric. As soon as he makes any comments at all in response, they get meta-dissected, judged, condemned, and dismissed......before anything is actually playable by the forum members. It's pre-emptive and counter-productive in the absence of actual patch notes and game play. I freely admit though that it is catnip for disaffected special interest groups. :p

Obi-Wan (and me) once thought as you do.

But then, I have nearly stopped playing my Shadow because of changes I waited to play before commenting on.

And here we have a prime example of why they never tell us anything.

Eric tries to give the community what it says it wants, more communication, and the community does this.

What? Say that the changes posted are disappointing? They are. What I'm supposed to say they are great and thanks for the communication?

Well the communication is appreciated, but these changes were not what I'm looking for. Feedback can't always be positive. I didn't denounce the devs or say they are stupid or any of the trollish things people normally do. I just said they are disappointing.

What's your problem with the statement other than it expresses negative feedback?

(And why the heck am I posting in this cesspool called the General Discussion Forum. I should know better. Both sides of any issue here are usually unreasonable. :jawa_tongue: )

First off, Happy New Year everyone! I am back in the office now from the holidays so we are right back to some yellow posts :)

• A new Gunship variant.
  • Two Bomber variants!

Also, Game Update 2.6 will come with a few class changes, here is just an overview of some of what you will see:

• Mercenaries/Commandos will now have a skill to eliminate pushback on Tracer Missile/Grav Round and Power Shot/Charged Bolts.
  • Sorcerers/Sages will now have a skill to eliminate pushback on Lightning Strike and Force Lightning/Disturbance and Telekinetic Throw.
  • Mercenaries/Commandos can now cast Kolto Shell/Trauma Probe on more than one target at a time.
  • Mercenaries/Commandos can now use Rapid Shots/Hammer Shot on themselves while Combat Support Cylinder/Combat Support Cell are active.

As always, look for the 2.6 patch notes for a full list of all changes that are coming! That is just a preview of what is to come.

-eric

In all seriousness, operative DPS does NOT need a damage boost, it needs survivability.

Why is everyone talking about pve balance in response to this, who cares. These buffs are obviously for pvp's sake............. like, it's really obvious....

and why should the pve people be unhappy anyway? Buffs only work in their favor.

• A new Gunship variant.
  • Two Bomber variants!

-eric

Why the class changes with 2.6 in 6 Weeks, why not next Week ??? explain me that Eric !!

* a frustratet Merc* !!!!!

• A new Gunship variant.
  • Two Bomber variants!

-eric

That's really nice to know, thanks for the replying eric

happy new year !

The rich keep getting richer. Operative is a decent DPS class, it doesn't need any 'significant' buffs. Yet Powertech, Assassin and Juggernaut are becoming less and less ideal to bring as a DPS class. Seriously, it's time to stop picking favourites here.

Classes with tanking abilities and/or heavy armor should never deal as much damage as damage classes without such survivability.

Let me guess you don't play a DPS operative or scoundrel?!

• A new Gunship variant.
  • Two Bomber variants!

-eric

Pinch me, I'm dreaming, Merc buffs....

• A new Gunship variant.
  • Two Bomber variants!

-eric

please please please make it so that a merc can shoot himself in the head with both blasters to heal himself.....:D

thanks for the update Eric! Happy New Year!

Classes with tanking abilities and/or heavy armor should never deal as much damage as damage classes without such survivability.

Let me guess you don't play a DPS operative or scoundrel?!

This is ********. Survivability means near JACK SQUAT in pve. in PVP, it has minor applications, and Guardians themselves don't have high survivability in PVP.

Saying classes with heavy armor and tanking abilities shouldn't have great dps is like saying classes with off heals should do worse dps.

Its illogical.

Unless the heal to full argument is now valid? 0_o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.