Best excuses to get out of Ops groups after weekly

When you join a group for a run you make a commitment to that group. You commit to the players and to the group's time. Unless it is an emergency phone call, it is rude and inconsiderate to leave the group early. It's the same thing as leaving organized team sports because the "girlfriend called" and now you can't have a game because you're short on players.

There is no excuse for this behaviour and the community needs to stop tolerating it. Just because we're playing a computer game shouldn't allow people to be jerks. I know it happens a lot -- goes to show you the character of some people -- but as a community we should be wholeheartedly against it.

Sign my petition. Make Bioware extend the weeklies to full runs. I guarantee you people will miraculously get better internet connections, less "guild calls", reduced cats on fires, etc.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you join a group for a run you make a commitment to that group. You commit to the players and to the group's time. Unless it is an emergency phone call, it is rude and inconsiderate to leave the group early. It's the same thing as leaving organized team sports because the "girlfriend called" and now you can't have a game because you're short on players.

There is no excuse for this behaviour and the community needs to stop tolerating it. Just because we're playing a computer game shouldn't allow people to be jerks. I know it happens a lot -- goes to show you the character of some people -- but as a community we should be wholeheartedly against it.

Why is it rude? If you're advertising for a weekly run and you keep trolling because people are leaving after weekly boss the problem is not them but you.

Oh, and you ''commit to the players''...How naieve are you exactly? I do ops for the comms, not because i want to be friends with other players.

Why is it rude? If you're advertising for a weekly run and you keep trolling because people are leaving after weekly boss the problem is not them but you.

Oh, and you ''commit to the players''...How naieve are you exactly? I do ops for the comms, not because i want to be friends with other players.

When did I say it was inconsiderate if you leave a weekly run after the weekly boss? I did not say anything remotely like that in my post. What I said is that it's inconsiderate when you joined an Ops clear (NOT a weekly) and then you drop after the weekly boss. It's a very important distinction.

You commit to the players because you need them. You cannot solo the weekly. This is basic teamwork and social skills. You and everyone else makes sacrifices so a greater goal can be accomplished. It's not all about YOU. It's about the team.

Of course, if you choose to be all about you, don't be surprised when you end up on a plethora of ignore lists.

When did I say it was inconsiderate if you leave a weekly run after the weekly boss? I did not say anything remotely like that in my post. What I said is that it's inconsiderate when you joined an Ops clear (NOT a weekly) and then you drop after the weekly boss. It's a very important distinction.

You commit to the players because you need them. You cannot solo the weekly. This is basic teamwork and social skills. You and everyone else makes sacrifices so a greater goal can be accomplished. It's not all about YOU. It's about the team.

Of course, if you choose to be all about you, don't be surprised when you end up on a plethora of ignore lists.

http://www.youtube.com/user/amjoh87?feature=watch

You can solo weekly, but back to your comment....Don't make such a big deal out of it. People are not required to stay after weekly boss, even though you advertised for full run. Something could've came up, it's hilarious to just assume people drop out because they don't want to continue. And i'm sure those people are around too, but you generalize but stating all players are like that.

You can solo weekly, but back to your comment....Don't make such a big deal out of it. People are not required to stay after weekly boss, even though you advertised for full run. Something could've came up, it's hilarious to just assume people drop out because they don't want to continue. And i'm sure those people are around too, but you generalize but stating all players are like that.

So it's OK to screw people out of killing the final boss(es) because we, as a community, allow players who drop after the weekly to continue to be deceptive without consequence?

The only reason people do this is because of the anonymity that you get from playing computer games online. It's behaviour that is intolerable face to face. And we need to stop being OK with it.

Sure, things can come up. Legitimate reasons for having to drop out. But when 95% of these "reasons" occur conveniently after the weekly boss dies... well, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that anti-social behaviour is going on.

So the fact that, my cat got on fire, gl with the rest of the raid. I forgot to mention that the ppl at my wedding were waiting for me to finish my weekly so we could get started. ISP was mad we cleared weekly boss so cut off internet connection. My guild pst me the seconds the weekly boss died that they needed me. Are you saying that those are all likely true legitimate reasons to abandon people who were helping you?

So, just because you don't have a social life and others have (because they get phone calls) means they try to find an excuse to leave after weekly or something like that?

People have better things to do then sitting behind the PC 24/7, get over it and move on.

What's wrong with not having a social life? I don't particularly like going out at all and I don't really like people so I enjoy my games. Got a problem with that?

So, just because you don't have a social life and others have (because they get phone calls) means they try to find an excuse to leave after weekly or something like that?

People have better things to do then sitting behind the PC 24/7, get over it and move on.

Any of those excuses could be true. But.... but they never ever happen before the weekly. Do you really think that all that stuff that, supposedly, are out of our hands is misteriously nice enough to let them finish the weekly ? Why it never happens before the weekly boss ?

Edited by wainot-keel

Most on TOFN just quit after the boss is dead without saying anything. They are well aware the run is up to the end but leave anyways. So i gotta take out the noodle of doom and force my guildies to join :D

Usually they end up on my ignore list, and considering I have so many alt and PUG a lot that means I made sure to never play with them again.

Funny thing is that normally group leaders posts the weekly mission in general when they are looking for people so usually, no excuse is needed, but IF they say "full run", I normally just say "My guild needs me" and then quit :p

I used to look for people that way but then I started using the initials to make sure I eliminated that excuse.

I used to look for people that way but then I started using the initials to make sure I eliminated that excuse.

To be honest this was exactly what was done normally, dunno why people changed, maybe com caps makes weeklies more worth it then full runs.

Edited by RikuvonDrake

Has this been done more than once. I was in a group where a guy said this.

It is in the weird people you meet in GF thread.

Have left twice in the past two years from the neighbors tree falling on the power lines. Not sure the guild believes me, but both times were true. I had to use the cell phone to tell them not to wait on me. Bought a honda generator in case it happens again. :p

I got kicked out my first guild for not leaving the pug ops group I was in. Fun times.

How are you going to solo an ops weekly if you can't even get in the door without an ops group (which requires more than just you)? If that link you provided is supposed to prove something, it doesn't: Those are 2-man EV and KP runs.

In any case, some people surely do drop out after weekly because something did come up. Often the problem is that PUGs can take much longer to do an op than expected, so if things have been going slowly, it makes sense that some players--who have seen the op go faster and are frustrated at the pace, and who don't need the gear from the later bosses--may decide they don't have time to see it through. However, there are a few people out there who will drop out after a weekly with an obviously made-up excuse, even though the op was running smoothly and efficiently, who clearly joined an advertised full run with no intention of doing the whole thing. Those people are jerks, and they're the ones that this thread is making fun of.

This one is a true statement and a real "no $hitter".... right after ZERO was downed on a Monday night.

"Oh crap.. my DOG just crapped on my BABY GTG"... Folks thought he was joking until he dropped group.

Quick lookup shows the same person back at fleet looking for what appears to be another OP before reset.

Sorry.. that's just lame. If my dog crapped on my baby the guy that shot a dog would be called in and I certainly wouldn't be online to tell people about it, let alone back at fleet pugging again.

I do agree the weekly achievement should be final boss only award and this type of BS would stop.

Edited by dscount

Plenty of very funny excuses, some of which I wouldn't mind using just for laughs, but if someone says: 'full run' then I try to only join if I have a reasonable allocation of time to do it (and the will). If I don't then it's fair play simply not to go.

There's always someone who dc's or bails after the weekly with some lame excuse (or none at all). These days though TFB 16 can be completed with 13+, as could SnV I imagine and probably DF and/or DP though less so with pugs.

Explosive diahorrea, Cat in blender, dog shat on baby = +1 for lulz.