40,000 credits??!!

LawAngel

That's a @$@#%^!@ outrage!

1. The amount is simply ridiculous and way too high.

2. With #1 being kept firmly in mind; SOME FREAKING WARNING WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE - maybe could have saved for it, instead of recently shelling out 20,000 credits for an extra row of baggage space.

I just hit 25 for the first time and the game's just gone from being fun for the story and play's sake, to whoring for credits. Great job, Bioware. What really pisses me off as an old school gamer is knowing that the absurdity of this will sink into some thick producer's skull sometime down the line and the price will be lowered...

lotta good that does the rest of us now.

40k credits is alot?.... had way more then that when I hit 25.... im at 30 on my IA and sitting at just over 300k...

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well how much is the Spaceship Pilot License? You know... the training that you have to buy in order to fly a space ship... through space... like across the galaxy.

Surely that must come waaaaay past level 25 and cost much much much more than the speeder. Right?

I guess the issue for me is monotonous game play. Almost mandatory so that you have credits to play and enjoy the game. (repairs, skills and speeder, etc.) In addition to the grossly inflated prices on vendors. If you don't, you will be broke.

2. With #1 being kept firmly in mind; SOME FREAKING WARNING WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE - maybe could have saved for it, instead of recently shelling out 20,000 credits for an extra row of baggage space.

I just hit 25 for the first time and the game's just gone from being fun for the story and play's sake, to whoring for credits. Great job, Bioware. What really pisses me off as an old school gamer is knowing that the absurdity of this will sink into some thick producer's skull sometime down the line and the price will be lowered...

If you actually took the time to look to the future, you can go to your trainer and toggle off "only trainable" to view what you will be eligible for in a few levels. It says it right there in big ole' bold text. 40,000!

Did you wait until you were 16 to figure out how to get a car? Did you wait until your first mortgage payment to find a job? Don't be dumb, and more importantly, don't drag the rest of us down with you.

You people posting your solutions don't get the reason for the complaint. You don't read any posts except the first one and then assume you know everything.

Having the money by level 25 varies greatly from one person to another. The complaint was for the cost, which I agree with in spite of my third character having more than enough.

However, this problem pales in comparison with the crashing problems. Many people have chosen not to continue the game because of it.

I had about 80-90k credits without even trying at that lvl so you must be doing something wrong. It get's worse when you purchase the higher ranks and it goes up very steep, however it's very easy to make credits even just by selling junk to vendors. At level 50 it's about 300+k for rank 3 speeder training, that might sound a lot but with the ilum dailies alone you can make 80k a day... works out at about 800k a week. In total I must have made about 3-4million credits by the time I was 50.

I guess the issue for me is monotonous game play. Almost mandatory so that you have credits to play and enjoy the game. (repairs, skills and speeder, etc.) In addition to the grossly inflated prices on vendors. If you don't, you will be broke.

Honestly this is a misconception just because the game deals in thousand of credits vs hundreds of credits.

If speeder training was only 4k but being rich was considered having 20k or lower would be the same thing.

The rate that you get credits in this game is =/= what you spend.

At level 10 you have 10k credits..... why at 25 would you not have 40k? why would you think 7k vendor items are expensive when quests return thousands of credits on completion? mobs drop over a hundred credits at around 30 per kill..... you kill 10 mobs you just made 1k credits.

The economy is just fine people are freaking out because the game deals in higher values.

People that have money problems probably also have all their companions out gathering and crafting all the time. This will break the bank.

I just will say this if I can do it anyone can. That is all.

Same goes for me. I was surprised how much cash I did have by the time I had to buy my speeder piloting. I would say don't buy anything from the GTN , the gear from quests and drops is more than sufficient. I am playing in moddable oranges (which I keep updated) and blues and have no problems. I make my own stims and so far have seen no reason to purchase anything. I'm sure this changes at 50 but then you can get gear from PvP.

Edited by Cordelia

So from what I can read, the only way repeat the ONLY way to make any decent money at a low level these days is to pvp. Warzones are single handedly the best source of income right now.

Slicing used to make money, not anymore. The GTN on my server isn't that good and nothing sells. I have tons of crafting mats and nothing sells. Not mats, not items, not schematics, nothing. The GTN is useless and might as well be removed if you play republic :(

My trooper just hit 20 and I haven't bought a single bag upgrade, nothing off the GTN, and haven't done any crafting missions (just world gathering) and I only have about 28k cred.

When I had slicing pre-nerf I had around 110 to 150k by level 20. Granted I was already 400 slicing and doing max yield max rank mission at that point, which I should be making that much at that point.

In past games, I always had a hard time saving cash to buy the things I wanted. I was always amazed at how people were able to amass large amounts of cash. Here in SWTOR, I have not had that problem. By the time I was level 5, I had over 5k just from mob kills and selling junk. By the time I hit 25, I had more than 60k on two separate occasions..

If a derp like me can save enough cash for a speeder at 25, and say its easy, then I know you can too.

Good luck!!

:ph_use_the_force:

Edited by Wyrmsfire

In past games, I always had a hard time saving cash to buy the things I wanted. I was always amazed at how people were able to amass large amounts of cash. Here in SWTOR, I have not had that problem. By the time I was level 5, I had over 5k just from mob kills and selling junk. By the time I hit 25, I had more than 60k on two separate occasions..

If a derp like me can save enough cash for a speeder at 25, and say its easy, then I know you can too.

Good luck!!

:ph_use_the_force:

I found I had significantly more credits on my Empire characters for some reason. All of my Republic characters seem to be broke all the time, and I'm not doing a thing differently between them. It's just I tend to get more money for whatever reason on empire.

So from what I can read, the only way repeat the ONLY way to make any decent money at a low level these days is to pvp. Warzones are single handedly the best source of income right now.

Slicing used to make money, not anymore. The GTN on my server isn't that good and nothing sells. I have tons of crafting mats and nothing sells. Not mats, not items, not schematics, nothing. The GTN is useless and might as well be removed if you play republic :(

My trooper just hit 20 and I haven't bought a single bag upgrade, nothing off the GTN, and haven't done any crafting missions (just world gathering) and I only have about 28k cred.

When I had slicing pre-nerf I had around 110 to 150k by level 20. Granted I was already 400 slicing and doing max yield max rank mission at that point, which I should be making that much at that point.

The reason why nothing sells and the GTN is worthless is because gear wise nothing is special. Even mats are so easy for anyone to obtain they aren't even worth bothering looking for on the GTN. Same with mods, sicne pretty much anyone can make mods or use commendations for them, then why even bother looking on the GTN. Also gear is handed to you after every flash point, so you are always adequetly well geared. This is why i hate the level based gear system, because it puts such a huge damper on what you can wear at certain levels. I missed stat based gear. Then even if you are a low level, but put all your ponits into a certain stat then you actually have a chance at wearing uber gear.

The reason why nothing sells and the GTN is worthless is because gear wise nothing is special. Even mats are so easy for anyone to obtain they aren't even worth bothering looking for on the GTN. Same with mods, sicne pretty much anyone can make mods or use commendations for them, then why even bother looking on the GTN. Also gear is handed to you after every flash point, so you are always adequetly well geared. This is why i hate the level based gear system, because it puts such a huge damper on what you can wear at certain levels. I missed stat based gear. Then even if you are a low level, but put all your ponits into a certain stat then you actually have a chance at wearing uber gear.

I dunno everything (except 1 item) that I've listed has sold... it's just about knowing what is in-demand. I've sold implants, certain types of gear, and augments.

As for the OP... there's a warning at level 20 to save up for your mount/training.

That being said the only thing I find overpriced in this game generally speaking are abilities. at level 47 I'm spending like 40k to upgrade abilities.

Now... in terms of value vs. price, speeder training is a bit ridiculous. What I mean by that is at level 50 you spend over 500k for a grand "total" of 110% speed increase. Whoopie. That's a 20% increase from the low-level speeder training. Now if it went from 100 to 150 to 175%... might be more worth it. I don't like being forced to spend on upgrading my speeders for the sake of not getting knocked off... not fun. In fact I still find that I'm getting knocked off every now and then despite having spent 250k so far. 250k does not justify the 10% increase in speed and the very minor improvement to being thrown off.

Edited by Istelle

Its not that hard to get 40k credits. If you have slicing you can get that much just running missions and finding nodes in the wild or you could get underworld trading and sell resources. Even if you do neither and just run quests 40k shouldn't be that tough to get. Stop running crafting missions or whatever it is you're blowing money on for a few days.

ohhhhhhhhh you guna be pisssed at 40

How did this thread get so big? I wasted a ton of money on crew skills and was left w/ 1400 credits at the beginning of level 23. I did no pvp and just saved money from quests and bought my speeder training right away at level 25 and did one FP to put me over the edge to buy the speeder. 47k in 2 levels...

You get a warning that speeder training is expensive at around level 23 and it tells you to start saving.

I didn't even buy a speeder until level 28 since I had no real use for it.

As you get to higher level planets, it is easier and easier to collect money. Just run around attacking mobs and looting them. Sell their drops and before you know it you will have plenty of credits. And that isn't including reward credits for doing missions.

As an "old school gamer" you should know not to spend your credits on every shiney that you see in the store window.

When my trooper hit 25 he had over 100,000 credits, and no not from slicing.

Loot eveything, sell everything, and dont let your credits burn a hole in your pocket.

Face it. You blew your cash on on junk you didnt need.

wow i am amazed that some think it costs to much for stuff getting credits is easy to get farming doing quests the price on stuff is fine i can make 40,000 credits within an hour or so i also is getting tired of people wanting stuff handed to them in a mmo so stop complaining about how the price of stuff is and play the game or play something else

40k was easy. 210k was easy, but. 210k plus the 30k skills was a bit harder, although i did have the money it was just a little bit harder at 40. I have been selling hilts for around 7 to 9k lately so that seems to help.

Also i think the 25 level speeder is a must and you should have had credits for it. Hell i did the same thing you did and bought the 20k bag a day before i hit 25 and i made the 20k back that night.

If you don't have money you are spending too much.. which i guess is a good thing since we need people like you to buy the stuff that we sell.