40,000 credits??!!

LawAngel

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a @$@#%^!@ outrage!

1. The amount is simply ridiculous and way too high.

It gives you something to work for. In the initial phase of MMOs, mounts and the training associated with them have always been spendy. It's an accomplishment. Save yourself some creds by upgrading to the CE (if you haven't already) and get a free Darth Maul hopper. Still 40k for training, but it saves you 8k for a vehicle too.

2. With #1 being kept firmly in mind; SOME FREAKING WARNING WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE - maybe could have saved for it, instead of recently shelling out 20,000 credits for an extra row of baggage space.

I don't know what you might have missed when you dinged 20, but I got a window on my screen telling me that I should start saving my money for 25th level.

I suck at making money in MMOs, and I'm at 35k creds right now at 23rd level. I've just hit Nar Shaddaa. I anticipate easily having 40k in another 3 levels. I've largely only vendored stuff I don't want, I only give stuff I put up on the GTN two passes before vendoring it, and I've kept on top of my class/advanced class training and purchased some upgrades for my ship. I'm still at 35k after all that.

In short, it's do-able with a minimum of effort.

LOL

The OP could probably never put up with what I had to do in WoW to get epic flying mount training. 5000 gold. Ah, the memories. Nothing really wrong with working for credits. The game is full of quests to do and crafting to complete and whatnot.

2. With #1 being kept firmly in mind; SOME FREAKING WARNING WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE - maybe could have saved for it, instead of recently shelling out 20,000 credits for an extra row of baggage space.

I just hit 25 for the first time and the game's just gone from being fun for the story and play's sake, to whoring for credits. Great job, Bioware. What really pisses me off as an old school gamer is knowing that the absurdity of this will sink into some thick producer's skull sometime down the line and the price will be lowered...

lotta good that does the rest of us now.

1. It's not too high, but it is kinda silly you have to pay 40k for a speeder, but you got your ship for free.

2. Warning was actually there, but you had it turned off or ignored it.

You claim you're an old school gamer and yet didn't think to maybe be curious on when you got a mount and how much it would cost? I know I did.

Is this a joke? I've gotten 80k+ credits almost every time prior to getting to level 25. You just need to stop spending your credits.

Well its been my observation you are correct as long as you don't try and do any crafting.

But as a hardcore crafter there is no way you can afford 40K at 25th. I HAVE to do missions to get rares and those missions are expensive and usually don't get me what I need or enough of what I need and I can't afford to sell items as I have to RE them to get the next higher level recipe.

I'm 23rd now, I have done all the quests and kill every mob I can find for more coin. I only have a handfull of purple recipes because I cannot afford to get more. Currently my creds are at like 10K because I have to keep doing mission after mission.

So, yes. If you do nothing but adventure and spend creds just for training you're rich. But crafters are penalized in this way.

Someone said you get a warning at 20 about it - I haven't dinged 20 yet so I can't confirm, but apparently you do get a warning at that point.

When you hit 20 a pop up comes up that says

"START SAVING- Speeder training is available at lvl 25 for 40,000 credits"

Or something to that effect, but it starts with START SAVING.

Your inability to do so is not a developer shortcoming. Look for a mirror to find who is at fault here.

Alexis

*smiles*

PS- My main is 29, I have not yet spent the 40k, cause you do not REALLY need one til Tatooine and I am not done with Nar.

You can easily have 100k+ at level 25 after you've bought all the necessities. Don't blame anyone else but yourself for wasting money on gear you're gonna outlevel after 2 hours of playtime, and sending your companions out to get Crew Skill mats, when you don't actually need to.

40k is perfectly fine :)

I just hit 25 for the first time and the game's just gone from being fun for the story and play's sake, to whoring for credits. Great job, Bioware. What really pisses me off as an old school gamer is knowing that the absurdity of this will sink into some thick producer's skull sometime down the line and the price will be lowered...

Wait until you hit 40 and the training is 210k and at 50 330k. There I just warned you for what is coming your way at higher levels.

40k for training is actually easy to get and I have had no one from my guild not be able to get their speeder at 25.

This is why WoW has destroyed MMOs.

An "old school MMO player" that couldn't think to save a bit for the mount he knew was coming? I think not and I LMFAO! A pathetic attempt to de-salinize those QQ crocodile tears and qualify them as special more likely. Ha! Welcome to the genre noob. Don't save for you lvl 40 training either.

you do get a warning about it unless you have the tutorial popups turned off.

but money is easy to get in this game! i expanded my bag space, paid for the speeder training and speeder and still had 30,000+ credits all from selling vendor trash

I dropped 40k at 25 and still had 100k credits left after...I dont get what you possibly could have done to be so poor at that point.

Me? I like exploring the maps. As soon as I get my starship I'm off checking out the higher level worlds and leveling up from just removing the "fog of war" from the world maps.

I can easily get 8-9 levels from just exploring the three starter worlds. I didn't keep track of the levels I've gotten from exploring the worlds after Korriban/Coruscant.