40,000 credits??!!

LawAngel

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i had 105k credits and had already bought the 20k slot really money is no issue in any lvl in this game unless you powerlvl your crew skills then i dont see any issue not having the amount of credits you need to buy the speeder skill. Edited by Nerithiel

That's a @$@#%^!@ outrage!

1. The amount is simply ridiculous and way too high.

2. With #1 being kept firmly in mind; SOME FREAKING WARNING WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE - maybe could have saved for it, instead of recently shelling out 20,000 credits for an extra row of baggage space.

I just hit 25 for the first time and the game's just gone from being fun for the story and play's sake, to whoring for credits. Great job, Bioware. What really pisses me off as an old school gamer is knowing that the absurdity of this will sink into some thick producer's skull sometime down the line and the price will be lowered...

lotta good that does the rest of us now.

Umm at level 20 you were warned to begin saving for speeder training. Now apologize to Bioware.

I didn't read through all the replies, but a lot are saying 40k is "cheap" or "pocket change" at level 25.

40k is not pocket change if:

1. You craft and send your companions on missions.
  2. If you spend your credits buying armor on the GTN or from normal vendors.

40k isn't outrageous if:

1. You avoid buying from the GTN.
  2. You don't send your companions on craft missions.
  3. You take slicing as a side skill.
  4. You sell your harvested resources on the GTN.
  5. You only use commendations to purchase upgrades.

All training costs are outrageous IMO. In the last phase of beta testing, my smuggler hit 50 and between the Speeder 3 and abilities it cost right around 650k. Because of a bug, I already had a level 50 speeder but, otherwise, it would've taken all but about 2k of she had saved up since 40, and she was maxed on slicing with no crafting at all.

A suggestion I made a few months ago, during beta, was to make skills a one-time purchase and grant the higher tiers or have those skills scale up as the character levels.

If you go slicing you'll have a few hundred thousand credits by the time your lvl 25. Its very overpowered in credit making.

Indeed, I found a blue quest mission for Slicing, took around 20 minutes for the comp to do it but he came back with around 3k in credit and other stuff, very profitable indeed ;)

Someone said you get a warning at 20 about it - I haven't dinged 20 yet so I can't confirm, but apparently you do get a warning at that point.

I did get a warning. But when I first logged in 5 days before launch, somebody drove by me with one. Checked his level as 25, and looked it up....40k for license, 8k for speeder. We get a free speeder anyway with the pre-order.

Since that point, every time I spent money accidently on something stupid I literally kicked myself. But right now I'm at 23 with my primary, and 50k credits. I should be okay.

To those looking here, save your money.

2. With #1 being kept firmly in mind; SOME FREAKING WARNING WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE - maybe could have saved for it, instead of recently shelling out 20,000 credits for an extra row of baggage space.

I just hit 25 for the first time and the game's just gone from being fun for the story and play's sake, to whoring for credits. Great job, Bioware. What really pisses me off as an old school gamer is knowing that the absurdity of this will sink into some thick producer's skull sometime down the line and the price will be lowered...

Cry about it, Mounts and bag space are luxury, you don't need them, go farm some cash.

If you think this is true your crazy.

Speeders are a MUST in Tat+ - The zones are just way too big to walk around in...would take a year to get through em.

I'm 37, you don't NEED a mount, will it suck in tatooeeeeen? Yes but thats something people will have to deal with for blowing all their money.

Be a true boss and go farm the lower lvl area for drops or crafting junk , learn to be self efficient with your money, don't run to the forums crying your eyes out. Game is hard yo.

Edited by Light_Valkyrie

I have tutorials turned off so I had no clue, and it came in as quite a shock. However, I half expected an excessive cost because it's typical in MMO's to charge a lot for riding training. So that being said, I chose not to spend my credits as I was approaching level 25 and when the time came, I had 65k and was able to train.

40k isn't a lot at level 25. You simply got blind sided because you didn't know and weren't planning. Next time you won't make that mistake.

I'm 37, you don't NEED a mount, will it suck in tatooeeeeen? Yes but thats something people will have to deal with for blowing all their money.

Be a true boss and go farm the lower lvl area for drops or crafting junk , learn to be self efficient with your money, don't run to the forums crying your eyes out. Game is hard yo.

I had plenty of money at 25...

That being said, I think there should be a more prominent warning. Out of all the MMO's I have played in the last few years (lets say since WoW) this game has the most wide open and useless land.

I would quit if I didn't have my speeder at 25 and had to run everywhere in Tat...Ugh, what a waste of time...

I feel bad for people who got to Tat and didn't realize they needed to be saving for their speeder at 25...

@OP:

Yeeeah ... I bought that speeder at 25 and was left with about 2.5k credits. I just hit 28 and have over 60k credits again. My crafting is for personal use (Biochem) and ive only sold about 5k worth of stuff on the AH. I even bought the second tier bag expansion.

It sucks that you spent the money you shouldnt have spent but um ... thats your own fault. You had the money but spent it, nothing wrong there. Mounts are supposed to be a huge investment and cost you most of your money, thats how its always been. Just save up for it now, youll have one before you know it.

Above all though ... grow up. :rolleyes:

40k in credits was easy to obtain in my opinion, selling quality items on Galactic Trade Network, Crew Missions, and selling items to the vendors gave me a gross of 70k in credits quickly. Now with that said the 1 million price tag for the VIP speeder is a little high, but it just means I craft more things to sell on the GTN.

YOU MEAN LIKE THE "START SAVING NOW" NOTICE YOU GET WHEN YOU DING 20?????

Get over it, you should have expected a large price tag like was talked about prior to launch on the forums, and like it is in all the other MMOs with mounts. Perhaps you should just send your companion to sell junk rather than buying 20k bag space.

@$@#%!@ outrage?? grow up kid.

Edited by LeComte

Is this a joke? I've gotten 80k+ credits almost every time prior to getting to level 25. You just need to stop spending your credits.