Next time the Gree event rolls around FIX the pvp flag and lower bolster req

KarmaForce

I'm in a group and none of us are flagged.

I'm a healer

We are doing PS at the norther end of the map

Got to the last group of elites and somehow one of the dps got himself flagged while there's a group of flagged scum trying to take over our mission.

I didn't know he was flagged or how it happened but I saw the damage and I healed it and then I became flagged and soon died because I'm doing pve and I'm focused on that while 4-5 scum were foaming at the mouth waiting to take advantage of this stupid system.

FIX THE PVP FLAG SYSTEM. I'm sure there are some suggestions out there..

Also, what was the point of raising the bolster level to 50?

Put it at 45 so more can enjoy and be able to take a break from the boring mix of dailies.

Put it at 45 so more can enjoy and be able to take a break from the boring mix of dailies.

The event is for level 50+ characters.

There's no point in bolstering characters below that level.

I'm in a group and none of us are flagged.

I'm a healer

We are doing PS at the norther end of the map

Got to the last group of elites and somehow one of the dps got himself flagged while there's a group of flagged scum trying to take over our mission.

I didn't know he was flagged or how it happened but I saw the damage and I healed it and then I became flagged and soon died because I'm doing pve and I'm focused on that while 4-5 scum were foaming at the mouth waiting to take advantage of this stupid system.

FIX THE PVP FLAG SYSTEM. I'm sure there are some suggestions out there..

Sounds like it worked perfectly.

You healed someone who was PvPing and got flagged.

What would you want, to be able to heal with immunity to attack?

The event is for level 50+ characters.

There's no point in bolstering characters below that level.

The point would be to open it up to more characters. Grinding 45-50 is a real pain compared to 50-55. Why would you not want more people partake in an event that only happens every few months?

It is working exactly as it works everywhere in the game that the two factions overlap. Your DPS was not paying attention that a flagged group was nearby and used an AOE attack. Attack hit flagged player and off your group went into PVP.

This is not a 'Gree event problem". This is the way the PVP system functions throughout the game and all players should be familiar with it.

Its simple, just remove the pvp crap period, there is no need for it, there is more than enough pvp crap as it is.

Listen friend, this is the case. I am an avid PvE'r myself, but I do dabble in the forbidden arts of PvP from time to time (just to break the monotony of things).

This is how I see the Gree event:

The matter of fact is that on Ilum PvP'ers had a whole section of the map (where Gree event is now) for themselves to do OWPvP and that failed for various reasons. With the removal of OWPvP on Ilum those folks were left with nothing to do OWPvP except the occasional-rare community organized events. So for a long time these people were stopped from doing something they liked and was promised to them.

So the solution for this was more or less the Gree event, Gree event at its core is a cookie for the PvP'ers to have fun from time to time. If this was a pure PvP event, it wouldn't work because the majority of people (pure PvErs) wouldn't be interested in just going to kill someone several times to finish a quest, and hence the PvE part of it. The matter of fact is that there is a good portion of PvErs who had never done any sort of PvP at all in this game and are not interested in it.

So first, no need to use words like "crap", second there aren't enough PvP stuff for the folks who like that sort of things. The Gree event is the only real opportunity for PvPers to do OWPvP, and removing that would a very bad thing to do. Third, we can not tailor things for the amusement of just a select few of people, that just doesn't work.

Now, do the flag system need some attention ? Probably yes!

But is it an inconvenience ? Hardly so!

Edited by znihilist

Bran, yes there is lots to do and I should be able to do it without accidentally getting flagged for pvp.

Sounds like it worked perfectly.

You healed someone who was PvPing and got flagged.

What would you want, to be able to heal with immunity to attack?

The person in my group was not trying to pvp at all.

We were a 3 man group doing the PS H4 quest. I was healing, my companion was tanking and the other 2 I picked up were dps.

We were on the last bit of it where you click the panel to spawn the group of adds, when this group of scum showed up and decided to stand right were the adds spawn. We were not flagged nor did we have any intention of doing pvp. Having them show up and stand where they did made it so trying to play normally was not possible. Could not tab target or use aoe which was what was needed for a group of 3 elites Bunched together and blasting away. I'm not sure how the dps got flagged but he didn't mean to. While healing the group and managing my tank while taking on 3 elites, I had no clue he became unintentionally flagged. I just assumed he pulled Agro and started healing him and then I became unintentionally flagged and killed. We were PvEing NOT PvPing.

What I want? just make it so if someone wants to pvp, they have to toggle the pvp flag manually.

The point would be to open it up to more characters. Grinding 45-50 is a real pain compared to 50-55. Why would you not want more people partake in an event that only happens every few months?
By that logic, it should be opened up to level 1 characters.

The better option would be more events for lower level characters and have this one come around with more frequency.

I suspect that's what they're building toward.

Bran, yes there is lots to do and I should be able to do it without accidentally getting flagged for pvp.

The person in my group was not trying to pvp at all.

"Not Trying" "Accidentally"

He attacked a flagged player, doesn't matter whether he "meant" to or not. He screwed up and you are here weeping to have something other people enjoy nerfed due to his and your lack of skill.

Edited by Foambreaker

"Not Trying" "Accidentally"

He attacked a flagged player, doesn't matter whether he "meant" to or not. He screwed up and you are here weeping to have something other people enjoy nerfed due to his and your lack of skill.

Abusing the flagging system to interrupt others playing and getting your jollys off though is something different. Intentionally disrupting other people in that manner SHOULD be "nerfed" to use your term.

If you're not flagged for pvp you shouldn't be able to damage anyone who is. End of.

This. So much this.

The trick of standing around non-flagged players so that they'll accidentally flag themselves is ridiculous. If I play with my PvP flag Off ALL of the time, I shouldn't have it turned on because someone wants to get all up on my character.

Alternatively, I guess they could make all AoEs work like the "Smart" ones when it comes to PvP players. Just make all non-direct Area of Effect abilities ignore players unless your flag is On.

No your wrong, pvp is pure crap, I took my dps sorcerer to do the gree stuff, we had a group for PT but no healer to I did the healing, I healed one of the dps only to find he had become pvp flagged, making me pvp flagged where I was then ganked by 4 guys, who then did the same thing 5 times before I went to med bay and quit.

That is complete and total crap, especially when I am in purple 58s, one of those losers was fully geared in pvp stuff, and I had to spend 16k repairing armour for the mistake of one other group member, on a god damn pve server, and not in the pvp section.

I'm not sure how the dps got flagged but he didn't mean to. While healing the group and managing my tank while taking on 3 elites, I had no clue he became unintentionally flagged. I just assumed he pulled Agro and started healing him and then I became unintentionally flagged and killed. We were PvEing NOT PvPing.

What I want? just make it so if someone wants to pvp, they have to toggle the pvp flag manually.

AoE almost never bugs anymore. I have not seen it at all during this event. In fact, the last time I've seen the AoE bug was about three months ago.

Sure, more skill and attention is required in the situation you describe, compared to a regular PvE fight. If you see flagged people around, take care. If you have a flagged person in your group, take care.

If you die, toggle the flag off while in the base, release your companion (important!) and afk for 5 minutes. It's one of the most forgiving systems of all games where PvP happens.

If you totally hate PvP, there are areas where it does not happen. Pretty much everywhere other than Ilum!

I think they need to remove the PvP element from the Gree event all together. If they wanted to make an event that they wanted you to PvP in then, umm... why not just make a strictly PvP event? It really boggles my mind that they don't have a strictly PvP event. Although this doesn't apply to myself, I would be willing to bet that most people prefer to either PvE or PvP, forcing someone to do the other in order to do what they want is never a good strategy.

No your wrong, pvp is pure crap, I took my dps sorcerer to do the gree stuff, we had a group for PT but no healer to I did the healing, I healed one of the dps only to find he had become pvp flagged, making me pvp flagged where I was then ganked by 4 guys, who then did the same thing 5 times before I went to med bay and quit.

That is complete and total crap, especially when I am in purple 58s, one of those losers was fully geared in pvp stuff, and I had to spend 16k repairing armour for the mistake of one other group member, on a gosh darn pve server, and not in the pvp section.

Okay first, you did not have to spend 16k repairing your gear because gear takes no damage from death in PvP. Secondly, don't go around spouting "PvP is pure crap" just because you got killed by a few ganking ******es. That just makes you sound ignorant. If you really think all PvP consists of is people ganking PvE geared players then you've never actually gave PvP an honest try.

Okay first, you did not have to spend 16k repairing your gear because gear takes no damage from death in PvP. Secondly, don't go around spouting "PvP is pure crap" just because you got killed by a few ganking ******es. That just makes you sound ignorant. If you really think all PvP consists of is people ganking PvE geared players then you've never actually gave PvP an honest try.

Too bad I didn't see it sooner I might have listened to you, but now too late.

I just spent over an hour doing Ilum normal stuff, where for over an hour people from ghost infantry and impressive were sending people to join pvp groups, then quitting so their guild mates could gank, this was on harbinger a pve server.

So sorry but I am right you are wrong, period.