Make Light Side Jaesa Willsaam Romance-able

Spoonuser

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really regretted going LS Sith because the story for it sucks... but finding out I can't romance her as LS has definately made me want to quit my Sith Warrior.

Personally I love the light side warrior story. I was talking about it at work and a guy who doesn't even play video games asked "can you watch it or do have to play the game?" (I suspect Bioware could make a fortune converting their stories to movies or television series.)

But if it bothered me that much, I'd just reroll. Although I'd finish Chapter 1 first and open up the Legacy experience gain if I hadn't already.

That being said, I really don't see the big issue with romance-ability since once you finish the companion quests there's no further interaction. It's not like Dragon's Age where you can just go visit Morrigan, kiss her, and have her say "Such a romantic..."

For those who haven't read the OP, Erickson did mention to light-Jaesa fans in Beta that the writing team did not think that light-Jaesa would be so popular and would look into adding her as a romance option. Of course, this was a couple months before release, so they could not add it last minute. Therefore, they will most likely add it in the future. Personally, I'm not romancing Vette and going with light-Jaesa to prepare for this.

/signed

mainly because they have chosen not to even give light side sith the option to make jaesa dark. they have removed all possibility from the convo options during the final phase of the quest and for that i say **** you EA and Bioware. Absolutely absurd to take away any option, why even have the conversation options at all.

Question for those that run with DS Jaesa:

is it possible to Marry vette and then switch to Jaesa?

Mostly asking because currently Vette is the only option for light side sith, but I would hate for them to finally add in romanceable LS Jaesa (for my char much closer to actual love, while Vette is more like a best buddy), only to be stuck on Vette.

For those who haven't read the OP, Erickson did mention to light-Jaesa fans in Beta that the writing team did not think that light-Jaesa would be so popular and would look into adding her as a romance option. Of course, this was a couple months before release, so they could not add it last minute. Therefore, they will most likely add it in the future. Personally, I'm not romancing Vette and going with light-Jaesa to prepare for this.

Thanks for this information Bio, surprised though that this wasn't meantioned earlier in this thread, though with all the new content that will be coming I can only hope their team will have time to add this in. Though now that we know the Devs know there is quite a fan base so to say for Jaesa, that hopefully her LS will be romanceable.

hate to tell you but the went and screwed something major up. You can no longer stray from your alignment with her. she WILL NOT go dark side if you are light side. at least above lvl 3. I reset the quest for over 4 hours in every possible combination, not possible. The patched the conversation options and you can no longer force her to go dark... Way to go freaking devs

I know this, when I did it. (Light 2) And there were no options to have her kill her master. Though it will still enforce my point that SW who are LS that would like to romance Jaesa can't.

hate to tell you but the went and screwed something major up. You can no longer stray from your alignment with her. she WILL NOT go dark side if you are light side. at least above lvl 3. I reset the quest for over 4 hours in every possible combination, not possible. The patched the conversation options and you can no longer force her to go dark... Way to go freaking devs

I thought if you just do the previous class-story quests as darkside, then you can turn her darkside?

Clarify: Tatooine, Alderaan

Edited by Belarrasus

I just finished the part where you infiltrate that flying space base and face Nomen Karr's hologram for the first part.

Is it already too late to change Jaesa's alignment? I was neutral during the whole scene but became dark after it was over.

Edited by ROMUBOTHUGORUGOR

I just got Jaesa. I'm trying to figure out how I ended up with a LS version of her when:

- I had a Dark alignment of 6400 going in (Dark III)

- I guess some of these are technically spoilers...

- I killed Yonlach

- I made every brutal/dark/cruel choice possible during the quest line

- I had her kill her own master

- I got her to relish in her new dark side feelings

I actually read this thread before getting her as a companion ... I don't see how she could have possibly ended up LS.

Is her Codex entry just bugged or what? (likes helping others etc. ... ***?!)

I also feel very conflicted about Jaesa Willsaam as my Sith is an imperial loyalist who is happy to do anything as long as it serves the Empires purpose.

I admit I've playied him with some degree of Honour. For instance I've dueled people before rather having to defeat there whole army but that just seems sensible. Ive also killed Imperials for incompetence & threatened those you dont show me proper respect. And yet somehow I'm nearly light side 2 though for a long time I thought I may stay unaligned as things were balancing out.

So when I finaly got her and she was saying how I wanted to changed the Empire from with in & was saying she was only pretending to be my dark aprentice I wanted to slap her & or hand over to Darth Baras as well as Noman Karr a far worst fate than being killed there and then.

Since I got Jaesa Willsaam LS Ive stopped playing my sith She's not romancable nor does she seem to share my goals or love for the empire. I like Vett but not for more than a mistress while a marry for power within my own species.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I dont think there is this LS / DS dicotimy on any other companion and having worked almost 22 levels over sevral plannets and maybe 3 weeks to get her only to get this LS version which is not in evan as well rounded as the DS version well frustation does not evan cover it.

On the plus side having unlocked my Legacy now all the other characters Ive been trying since have been giving me Legacy XP.

I just got Jaesa. I'm trying to figure out how I ended up with a LS version of her when:

- I had a Dark alignment of 6400 going in (Dark III)

- I guess some of these are technically spoilers...

- I killed Yonlach

- I made every brutal/dark/cruel choice possible during the quest line

- I had her kill her own master

- I got her to relish in her new dark side feelings

I actually read this thread before getting her as a companion ... I don't see how she could have possibly ended up LS.

Is her Codex entry just bugged or what? (likes helping others etc. ... ***?!)

The codex entry is bugged. Both DS and LS Jaesa versions get her LS codex entry.

Does she have yellow eyes? If so, then you have DS Jaesa.

The codex entry is bugged. Both DS and LS Jaesa versions get her LS codex entry.

Does she have yellow eyes? If so, then you have DS Jaesa.

Oh man, that's a relief. Thanks for the response.

Her eyes actually look red atm, but if the Codex entry is bugged then I'm not concerned.

OK, make her romance-able as LS.

On one condition.

Remove Vette as a romance option. No reason my Jedi Consular or Trooper or Sith Inquisitor or Bounty Hunter should get one option when you get two, since the only reason you get two is because one is locked behind a choice.

Bioware, I appreciate that you don't want to pander to the whiners. It drives me crazy generally when a whiney few influence changes over a game. In this case however, I am in agreement with the proposed change. And I'm not seeing much disagreement on these forums- so we are not a whiney few, but the whiney majority. And we'd love to see light side Jaesa be romanceable. It is true that the Jedi code prohibits romance, but Jedi working for/with Sith have already sorta crossed some lines. Please consider implementing this proposed change. Edited by Maenalus

OK, make her romance-able as LS.

On one condition.

Remove Vette as a romance option. No reason my Jedi Consular or Trooper or Sith Inquisitor or Bounty Hunter should get one option when you get two, since the only reason you get two is because one is locked behind a choice.

If you roll a female Jedi Consular you get 3 romance options...lulz