Hood up armor?

JalenTigh

This ^

It's like a 0.4-0.5% damage reduction difference.

Yeah ok, but then you obviously havnt done any sort of endgame raiding or even noticed the gear. From the best Armoring kit you can buy from 8 daily tokens you get 126 - Endgame gear (Which does look like UTTER CRAP) goes up to 140, and the difference in stats are a whole lot more than just 0.4-0.5% dmg reduction nonsense your comming off with.

Even from some of the Columi pieces vs bought armoring kit, there difference is immense and at times up to 10+str pr.piece and beyond. This is not even mentioning rakata which goes way higher. double that with the 5 item slots that will make you look stupid, and you'll be missing out on _ALOT_ of possible stats.

Edited by LexiCazam
IC/old post

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

champion pvp armor for medium is hood up while heavy is not

or was it the other way around? don't remember

So your point being, that marauders _HAVE_ to do PvP to be looking like the class was announced ? I hope you can see what redicilous that would be, if it was to keep being like that. Besides, most marauders conserned about the lack of hoodies, does not want a spikey fugly one, but just a plane black one, which our brother class seem to be getting in bundles upon bundles.

Tionese, Columi or Rakata chest gears have hood, as long as you don`t display your helment. The hood would be displayed if you wear a respiratory like Malgus.

So basically the hood is off when you get a helment that covers all your head.

Yeah ok, but then you obviously havnt done any sort of endgame raiding or even noticed the gear. From the best Armoring kit you can buy from 8 daily tokens you get 126 - Endgame gear (Which does look like UTTER CRAP) goes up to 140, and the difference in stats are a whole lot more than just 0.4-0.5% dmg reduction nonsense your comming off with.

Even from some of the Columi pieces vs bought armoring kit, there difference is immense and at times up to 10+str pr.piece and beyond. This is not even mentioning rakata which goes way higher. double that with the 5 item slots that will make you look stupid, and you'll be missing out on _ALOT_ of possible stats.

Devs said, for each raid piece out there, there are equivalent mods to replicate them with an orange piece. Will take longer but the difference will remain minimal.

Edited by LexiCazam
IC/quote

i seen a hood up armor set but i dont care for the kiss ban spikes, Geesh they make it so hard on themselves all they have to do is make black robes with hood up and mods in it problem solved thats what everyone wants anyways i dont care to look like im going to a kiss band concert

i seen a hood up armor set but i dont care for the kiss ban spikes, Geesh they make it so hard on themselves all they have to do is make black robes with hood up and mods in it problem solved thats what everyone wants anyways i dont care to look like im going to a kiss band concert

Lol it doesn't look like you're going to kiss concert, and I actually like the spikes.

But the pvp champion and centurion gear have hood up abilities

Dunno where all the complainin is coming from. Guess people will complain about anything. Just because one guy in a cutscene has a robe with a hood and a mask doesn't mean we all get it. He IS a pretty big character in the TOR universe after all...

Also, I rolled sith warrior so I could wear ARMOR. Not ROBES. Robes are for inquisitors and Jedi. Sith Warriors should look like they have in every KOTOR game, and described in every EU book that references them. No robes, armor, spikey bits.

You guys act like someone stole your cat/dog/baby/dingo.

Edited by Gun_Slinger

Dunno where all the complainin is coming from. Guess people will complain about anything. Just because one guy in a cutscene has a robe with a hood and a mask doesn't mean we all get it. He IS a pretty big character in the TOR universe after all...

Also, I rolled sith warrior so I could wear ARMOR. Not ROBES. Robes are for inquisitors and Jedi. Sith Warriors should look like they have in every KOTOR game, and described in every EU book that references them. No robes, armor, spikey bits.

so u're sayin Marauders have to run around in skirts or as T-800 becuz Jedi must wear robes and skirts are the real armor

It doesnt matter if you understand our complaint or not...a crap ton of us loved the look of the progression video and the sith warriors in the decieved/hope video and want to look a long those lines, me included...

Now if we took all the Jedi Sentinel armor with their loads of hoods and etc and just made them in dark colors, I for one would be happy!!!!

so u're sayin Marauders have to run around in skirts or as T-800 becuz Jedi must wear robes and skirts are the real armor

Um. Wut? I think you might have meant to quote someone else...or literally did not read my post. I said armor, with spikey bits...and armor. I have orange armor that looks like this. It ain't cyborg, and it ain't skirts. AND IT AIN'T JEDI ROBES! Seriously what part of what I said sounded like skirts and cyborgs...(this would be an epic theme party name...).

I also think people need to get the difference between Dark Jedi and Sith straight in their heads.

FOR THE LOVE OF DARTH just give us ONE orange, slot-able black hooded robe (ideally with armor underneath like the jedi knights wear) as a commendation reward at low level and I'll just wear that for the rest of the game.

I cannot stand most of the mara gear. I finally see level 40 PVP gear and it looks good... HEAVY ARMOR ONLY?!?!? What is this?

I'm now wearing light armor meant for inquisitors, because I can slot it for strength and it looks right, there's a friggin hood. I lost 90 armor and it still isnt' ideal (the only orange slottable with a hood on the AH was so-so looking, but I'll take it. Its only the top half so my lower dress doesn't fit with it well, and its purple, but agh, I'll take what I can get.)

Whats really sad is I actually got ONE black robe. The hood is down though, and its green, so I could only wear it for a few levels. ;-;

Either make everything slot-able or we need an appearance tab.

These are cosmetic things, they won't effect gameplay or balance at all, so there's no problem implementing them!

But that said, many of us are drastically dissapointed in our class armor. The Sith Warrior progression video armor is all Juggernaut only. :(

Also, I rolled sith warrior so I could wear ARMOR. Not ROBES. Robes are for inquisitors and Jedi.

Also, I rolled sith marauder so I could wear ROBES. Not ARMOR. Armor is for juggernauts and BH.

You guys act like someone stole your cat/dog/baby/dingo

Everyone should stop QQing, hit level 50, and start raiding/pvp. T1, 2, and 3 PvE AND PvP Medium armor for Marauders ain't dress, skirts, bikinis, or w/e you may call them. They are normal pieces of armor lol, though I personally think both the medium and heavy armor CHEST pieces are ugly. Edited by BarcodeX

Today I found a marauder hood! Or rather...I found a marauder with a hood, just a pity he is an NPC and that WE CANT LOOK LIKE THIS!

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m17/Thuran/Screenshot_2012-01-09_17_14_47_302000.jpg

together with the two images linked in other occasions it begets one question:

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m17/Thuran/Screenshot_2012-01-04_22_11_29_616400.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m17/Thuran/Marauder.png

What on earth made them put all this cool gear on NPC's yet decide that we shouldn't have a single piece of it?! Seems like they got a pretty clear idea of what a marauder is SUPPOSED to look like in their opinion :S

Everyone should stop QQing, hit level 50, and start raiding/pvp. T1, 2, and 3 PvE AND PvP Medium armor for Marauders ain't dress, skirts, bikinis, or w/e you may call them. They are normal pieces of armor lol, though I personally think both the medium and heavy armor CHEST pieces are ugly.

Yep precisly "normal" pieces of armor, tho you seem to have forgotten to mention one thing; If you wanna look like a PvE styled Cyborg or a somewhat decent PvP looking set, with fugly spikes tho very lousy stats. I guess it all fine, atleast for people without vision or standards :p