Hood up armor?

JalenTigh

Now just turning level 50 I'm resorting to wearing IA modable gear to look some what decent.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3285693/Screenshot_2012-02-24_22_56_39_529775.jpg

Yes thats me on the left standing next to an NPC that appears to be what most would consider to be a Marauder...

Really disapointed that I chose this as my 1st character to play i'm having so much fun playing the class and i will continue to play it but, i never felt like a Marauder leveling from 10 to 50 and now i feel like ive wasted that epic 1st playthrough. I can't bring myself to level a Juggernaut and play the same story and quests just so that i look awesome only to get to 50 and find that the Marauder gear looks the same. (more so the PvP gear)

Cheerz BW for ruining my 1st playthrough. This is all we wanted http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3285693/Sith%20Marauder.jpg

Idk about you, but the black trenchcoat works just fine for me. Granted, if there WAS a black hooded robe I'd wear it in a heartbeat. Still, for now....................

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Champion Weaponmaster's Vest. Hands down coolest looking Chest for Marauders (It actually looks better than the Battlemaster Weaponmaster's Vest, especially while wearing 2x Black-Red Lightsabers). Sadly the Legs/Boots to that set makes you look skinny. Using Columi Legs/Boots looks great though.

POINT: Add a new slot on our character sheet for Cloaks and other cosmetic changes to go overtop this funky looking armor.

my thought exactly, they should add another character slot for robes/capes, just like the companion custom skin slot.

I read thru 10 pages of this thread before I realized you guys were just previewing your hooded chest pc with a helmet on... man I feel had..

Nope. Until endgame level 50+, the Marauder DOES NOT GET ANY HOOD UP ARMOR.

NONE.

This isn't a "helmet" issue. Helmet is off, no hood. None. None in the game.

You get 50, there is the PVP hood, and the PVE hood. Great.

Pre level 50, there are only a couple robes, and the hood is down. Always down. Helmet does not matter at all.

This is a problem. Most our armor is big thick Darth Vader steel plates and masks. Doesn't seem appropriate at all. We should have black robes or red robes.

We get robes at like level 20 from BT, and then never again. At 50 you get a hood, but its just a hood stitched onto armor, not really a sith robe.

i dont kno why jedis have so many cool robes and we maraduers got stuck with crap,we better get some descent ones soon BioWare!!With Hoods UP!!

Sentinels get so many robes. ;-;

I guess their PvP endgame set looks horrible though, so we win there :confused:

Nope. Until endgame level 50+, the Marauder DOES NOT GET ANY HOOD UP ARMOR.

NONE.

This isn't a "helmet" issue. Helmet is off, no hood. None. None in the game.

You get 50, there is the PVP hood, and the PVE hood. Great.

Pre level 50, there are only a couple robes, and the hood is down. Always down. Helmet does not matter at all.

This is a problem. Most our armor is big thick Darth Vader steel plates and masks. Doesn't seem appropriate at all. We should have black robes or red robes.

We get robes at like level 20 from BT, and then never again. At 50 you get a hood, but its just a hood stitched onto armor, not really a sith robe.

Exactly this. i got the black talon robe and the maraudars robe (red version of the BT one) and thats the ONLY robes you get as a maraudar. Everything else is Darth Vader style with heavy ***** robot looking armor. The progression video lied big time on how we were going to look.

Watched it recently and they got it backwards with the looks of the armor. I should've rolled juggernaut if i knew this was the case beforehand :-/

Exactly this. i got the black talon robe and the maraudars robe (red version of the BT one) and thats the ONLY robes you get as a maraudar. Everything else is Darth Vader style with heavy ***** robot looking armor. The progression video lied big time on how we were going to look.

Watched it recently and they got it backwards with the looks of the armor. I should've rolled juggernaut if i knew this was the case beforehand :-/

Exactly, its straight up backwards.

Heavy armor looks medium. (Look at the level 40 pvp set for juggernauts, its PERFECT... for us. Sith robes.)

Medium armor looks heavy. (Our armor is either Darth Vader's, or Emperor's Guard)

Exactly, its straight up backwards.

Heavy armor looks medium. (Look at the level 40 pvp set for juggernauts, its PERFECT... for us. Sith robes.)

Medium armor looks heavy. (Our armor is either Darth Vader's, or Emperor's Guard)

when i saw the lvl 40 pvp armor i was so excited to get it but then it said heavy armor and that crushed my spirit.

when i saw the lvl 40 pvp armor i was so excited to get it but then it said heavy armor and that crushed my spirit.

I KNOW! I spent all of levels 1-39 looking forward to that set. IT WAS IN THE FRIGGIN SITH WARRIOR ADVANCEMENT VIDEO!

And then I hit 40 and QQ

460 posts 47 pages 63,187 views

Second most popular thread on marauder forum

If Bioware comes to the marauder forum ever, they've GOT to notice this.

I would really love to have some kind of acknowledgement of this and the fact that we have 0 gear at the LS/DS vendors. This is a HUGE glaring omission!

I can understand it, I just want an acknowledgement that they know and that they're on it. Most of my biggest issues with the game have fixes coming in 1.1.5 and 1.2, but we have yet to hear word ONE about Marauder from the devs :(

Edited by miliways

What the hell is up with this?

I started my marauder on launch day and after a couple days i tought to myself "****, guess im never gonna look like a Mara. Aah well, in a couple days, maybe weeks, they will fix it, so im gonna play trough and not reroll".

We're now in March and still no freakin' fix.

Yes, im lvl 50 now. Yes, now i have some hooded options. But first off, they are still not "Dart Maul-lish" but robocop with a stitched on hood, and second, WHATS THE POINT!!!!

What's the point in getting our hooded robes after completing our story? I want to look like they promised when viewing a story cutscene. Out of cutscenes you only see the back of your char. Looks in this game are most important when in a cutscene or dialogue.

what the **** dudes?!?!?!

Fix this ****. It takes not even 15 minutes to dye some jedi robes, which they get after every single quest, black and make it available to Sith Mara's.

Aint it completely logical when you put us back from heavy to medium at launch, that you also need to convert some heavy armor to medium? Aint that *********** logical? You design heavy armor for heavy Marauders, you convert Heavy Marauders to medium but the heavy armor that was designed for Marauders just stays heavy and so we have nothing. NOTHING!!!

It aint right that i have to go trough an op with 8 or 16 man just to get something we all want, just to find out that its red and second that is has such a low drop rate you will never get it because there are 8 more marauders all pressing NEED.

What do i do now? Do i create a new char, choose Juggernaut as my AC and play trough everything ive already played trough again? I dont want to, i love my Mara and i know our story already....

I started a Jedi Sentinel and 2 minutes after i left the starting planet i already got the gear a jedi sentinel should wear. 5 levels later i had like 6 more hooded robes. WHAT THE **** IS UP WITH THAT????

Just dye some jedi sentinel gear black and put it at the dark side vendor, takes 30 minutes tops. FIX THIS ****!!

Im rolling a sith sorc at the moment, while I wait for fixes on the marauder class, I expect they fix this gear issue, the DS/LS vendor thing and buffs for pvp (give us a reliable cc, not the untalented version of force choke, that is pathetic.), or at least reduce the time to get out of combat in pvp, so you can use force camouflage and channel hatred without having to wait 10 hours to do so. Edited by Drazirah

Im rolling a sith sorc at the moment, while I wait for fixes on the marauder class, I expect they fix this gear issue, the DS/LS vendor thing and buffs for pvp (give us a reliable cc, not the untalented version of force choke, that is pathetic.), or at least reduce the time to get out of combat in pvp, so you can use force camouflage and channel hatred without having to wait 10 hours to do so.

Yeah well i expected that too, back in December. Now its March and still no fixes. Not even a gear fix, which would take 20 minutes tops to create and implement :rolleyes:

What the hell is up with this?

I started my marauder on launch day and after a couple days i tought to myself "****, guess im never gonna look like a Mara. Aah well, in a couple days, maybe weeks, they will fix it, so im gonna play trough and not reroll".

We're now in March and still no freakin' fix.

Yes, im lvl 50 now. Yes, now i have some hooded options. But first off, they are still not "Dart Maul-lish" but robocop with a stitched on hood, and second, WHATS THE POINT!!!!

What's the point in getting our hooded robes after completing our story? I want to look like they promised when viewing a story cutscene. Out of cutscenes you only see the back of your char. Looks in this game are most important when in a cutscene or dialogue.

what the **** dudes?!?!?!

Fix this ****. It takes not even 15 minutes to dye some jedi robes, which they get after every single quest, black and make it available to Sith Mara's.

Aint it completely logical when you put us back from heavy to medium at launch, that you also need to convert some heavy armor to medium? Aint that *********** logical? You design heavy armor for heavy Marauders, you convert Heavy Marauders to medium but the heavy armor that was designed for Marauders just stays heavy and so we have nothing. NOTHING!!!

It aint right that i have to go trough an op with 8 or 16 man just to get something we all want, just to find out that its red and second that is has such a low drop rate you will never get it because there are 8 more marauders all pressing NEED.

What do i do now? Do i create a new char, choose Juggernaut as my AC and play trough everything ive already played trough again? I dont want to, i love my Mara and i know our story already....

I started a Jedi Sentinel and 2 minutes after i left the starting planet i already got the gear a jedi sentinel should wear. 5 levels later i had like 6 more hooded robes. WHAT THE **** IS UP WITH THAT????

Just dye some jedi sentinel gear black and put it at the dark side vendor, takes 30 minutes tops. FIX THIS ****!!

Too bad BioWare doesn't care. Also, except for two defensive CD (and lolbonus sets) Juggs can do better than us in one of the best pvp spec (rage) as two or three talents points in their dedicated vengeance tree improve the shared (rage) tree...

This is BS, don't expect them to fix it, there are too much to fix

Yeah well i expected that too, back in December. Now its March and still no fixes. Not even a gear fix, which would take 20 minutes tops to create and implement :rolleyes:

TBH with Bioware and MMORPGs if you get a bug fix in less than 12 months, be pleased. :)

Should we re create this thread in the suggestion forum?

if it gets to this many pages there, they would HAVE to take notice. although, there we run the risk of trolls from other classes coming in to ruin it...

Are you serious?

less sarcastic edit: They already said they were working on this. Maybe even for 1.2

Edited by hadoken

Are you serious?

less sarcastic edit: They already said they were working on this. Maybe even for 1.2

Do you have a citation for that? I'm extremely curious. I haven't heard anything official on a fix for our itemization or our gear appearance.

Do you have a citation for that? I'm extremely curious. I haven't heard anything official on a fix for our itemization or our gear appearance.

This is the only thing I remember seeing regarding hoods - it's in the Feb 17th Q&A session:

NiklasWB: When will you make it possible for Force-using characters to pull up/down their hoods on their robes?

Damion Schubert: This is in the works now. It won't be in Game Update 1.2, but should get done in the next major update after that. And yes, we will extend this functionality to your Force-slinging companions as well.

Edited by Dsan