soooo, about the grinddddd

TheLukeGodOfSith

I've been a regular subscriber to this game since launch. but I've only every leveled one character. for some reason, i have had the strongest urge to level an alt for the first time. I'll keep my question simple: is their currently any way to power level? i am interested in getting to 55 quickly to be able to participate in end game content as i do now with my guardian but i don't want to take forever leveling to 55. any ways this can be done?

I have also been a subscriber since pre-launch and now have a total of 8 toons. Only one is at 55 and the others are 51 and below.

I found that the fastest way to level is four ways:

1. Use the XP bonus buffs that you can get in the game.

2. Play as much as possible during Double-XP weekends.

3. Do PvP.

4. Join a guild (5% bonus)

Yes, you will still need to spend some time, but it should go faster.

Question is, what's your hurry?

You've gone this long without leveling any alts and all of a sudden you want to blow through to end-game in record time?

Just a few tips from someone with half a dozen 55's:

Rested XP. Always log out in a cantina, on fleet, or on your ship.

XP bonuses. Those consumable xp boosts available on the GTN or from cartel coins. Use them!

Bonus missions! Those pesky bonus missions give about 1/3 of the quest's final xp, which can add up to quite a bit!

Question is, what's your hurry?

You've gone this long without leveling any alts and all of a sudden you want to blow through to end-game in record time?

well i just want to experience the class story quest and that's it. I'm not really interested in all the side quests and what not. i just want to be able to do the class quests and then be level 55. *insert crying and whining here*

I have also been a subscriber since pre-launch and now have a total of 8 toons. Only one is at 55 and the others are 51 and below.

I found that the fastest way to level is four ways:

1. Use the XP bonus buffs that you can get in the game.

2. Play as much as possible during Double-XP weekends.

3. Do PvP.

4. Join a guild (5% bonus)

Yes, you will still need to spend some time, but it should go faster.

isint it 10%?

well i just want to experience the class story quest and that's it. I'm not really interested in all the side quests and what not. i just want to be able to do the class quests and then be level 55. *insert crying and whining here*

have a tissue... ;):p

I'm currently leveling my second toon and am just focusing on class quests and the main story quests on each planet, skipping all the side ones. Occasionally pick up a H2 or H4 if a group is going or a guildie can help me quickly, otherwise skip them too. Throw in the XP boosts, a few flashpoints in-between each planet and a bit of PVP for fun, and I am still about 4 levels higher than the mobs I am killing on tatooine (currently L30 and mobs L26). Spend your planetary comms every 4 levels to keep your orange gear (that your main donated the cash to buy) up to date and you will fly through each planet. I really don't feel like it is a grind at all, and am enjoying seeing a different story!

Edited by Oxidsed

Well if you're not pressed for (real) time and just want to skip all the side-stuff, then use rested XP as much as possible. In other words, you want to play as little as possible to maximize your game time and rested xp...:D

Also do all the flashpoint / PvP dailies and weeklies if that's your thing. Good XP for your time in these.

If on the othe hand your goal is to hit 55 in as few days as possible, then you want to no-life it and do all the side quests until you outlevel whatever planet you're on, then move on to the next one.

The side quests are just as rich with good writing and great story as the class quests are. If you don't do them you're greatly missing out.

Do the pvp and flashpoint dailies everyday, doing all the bonus missions for the fps if you can. That adds up to a bunch of xp. Also, convert your wz comms to planetary comms and use those to keep you and your companion geared so you can easily solo all the normal missions and H2s as well as some H4s. Also, if you do a bunch of pvp, buying the legacy xp gains for it can be worthwhile. Regardless, keep a xp boost on at all times.

The side quests are just as rich with good writing and great story as the class quests are. If you don't do them you're greatly missing out.

Oh, it's you. Listen, the jungle beasts have been bothering us for a long time now. Please go kill the 6 jungle beasts.

Oh, you're the one I've been hearing about! The enemy faction is stealing our data. Please go destroy the 3 computers

You got here just in time. Colonel Jerk and his elite Jerk Squad is in the area and only you can take them out. Kill 20 jerks and Colonel Jerk himself.

That's more or less every side quest in the game. Sorry about your delusions. :D

lol

My personal favourite was "fetch X number of Y". The bonus mission, "kill X number of Y", really added to the story.

You're not really paying any attention to the actual story, are you? The actual mission goals have little to nothing to do with the storyline behind the quest. Here, let me give you another example:

NPC (paraphrased): "I am a lieutenant in the Imperial Infantry. I knew my men were up to something, and I figured it would come to no good, so I ambushed and killed them all before they could hatch their plan. Turns out their plan was a surprise birthday party for me, as one of them revealed to me with his dying breath. Now the Empire wants to court-martial me but you have to help me! I'm loyal to the empire, this just isn't fair!"

QUEST GOAL (paraphrased): Click on 4 glowy items.

The goals =/= the story.

As it is, 75% of what sets this game apart and makes it worth playing is the 1-50 game and the stories contained therein. It's about as non-grindy as an MMO gets. Just level your character with an XP boost and enjoy the stories. Ideally, pick the opposite faction so you can see the stories on that side, too. Pay no attention to BuzzingFridge, as they obviously spacebar through the story parts to get to the (boring? grindy?) mission goals.

I make sure I have rested bonus and CM xp boosts and have all the legacy boosts. I do all solo content on each planet and join the occasional heroic there. I'll only ever do the odd fp and thats if a lfg message pops up whilst on the station. After each planet I check for space missions, my ships usually only have greens but I top up my levels quite well with them. I usually enter each planet 2+ levels above the content.

I still have more alts to make, I don't ground pvp or high level raid and that is enough for me

If you want to level via pve...

1. Choose Tank or Healspec

2. spend 275k Credits on the FP perk for 36% more Exp

3. run through your classmissions when they are still green at last, and get the EXP Bonus-Buffs for even more FP-Exp

4. Grind Flashpoints like Hell

drawback: you might not want to see anymore FP´s when you hit 55 :eek:

have a tissue... ;):p

I'm currently leveling my second toon and am just focusing on class quests and the main story quests on each planet, skipping all the side ones. Occasionally pick up a H2 or H4 if a group is going or a guildie can help me quickly, otherwise skip them too. Throw in the XP boosts, a few flashpoints in-between each planet and a bit of PVP for fun, and I am still about 4 levels higher than the mobs I am killing on tatooine (currently L30 and mobs L26). Spend your planetary comms every 4 levels to keep your orange gear (that your main donated the cash to buy) up to date and you will fly through each planet. I really don't feel like it is a grind at all, and am enjoying seeing a different story!

I also recommend this path

The most power leveling I had was a tanking FP non-stop. As a tank, you get almost instant pop, with bonus XP you'll rush through levels in no time (I don't recall exactly but it was like 5 levels per evening minimum). But you must have steel nerve, because pugging FP is not a trivial task. Also you would probably need to gear your alt to be top notch (because comms drop will be too low for rush leveling), so you can email your alt near 1mln for his/her needs from your mature alt. I guess it can work for healz too, but it's not an instant pop, have to wait few minutes, however it's less stressful. Obviously, it will never work for dps.

If you want to level via pve...

4. Grind Flashpoints like Hell

drawback: you might not want to see anymore FP´s when you hit 55 :eek:

HM FP 55 are rather pleasant, SM FP/HM FP 50 is a hell, I agree. After playing FP too much, I still enjoy HM FP 55, but literally afraid to pug lower FP. Also I got another phobia - seeing 50+ players with less than 20k HP :)

Oh, it's you. Listen, the jungle beasts have been bothering us for a long time now. Please go kill the 6 jungle beasts.

Oh, you're the one I've been hearing about! The enemy faction is stealing our data. Please go destroy the 3 computers

You got here just in time. Colonel Jerk and his elite Jerk Squad is in the area and only you can take them out. Kill 20 jerks and Colonel Jerk himself.

That's more or less every side quest in the game. Sorry about your delusions. :D

Starting to feel that way to me as a newer player. At first they were tolerable but now 90% of them make me mute the game, turn on Netflix or an audiobook and then trudge through them.

Some of the planetary quests I've done are interesting when it comes to The Infinite Empire, Revan and Kotor lore. I did the ending to Balmorra where I was the deciding factor overall and it was neat (with a few bland entries in between).

But overall I've generally been dreading a lot of quests. Guess I should do flashpoints or PvP more...I've found out the hard way that rushing my Class story ends with me on the floor.

Edited by GaiusLittleBoots

Working on leveling my 14th toon (11 are at 55), I do a lot of the things other people have recommended (took advantage of the last double XP, flashpoint dailies and weeklies, always have a general XP boost up), but I'd also recommend doing your Companion conversations (which will grant XP if they're on level) and space PVE after you get off the capital world.

The Space PVE dailies only take 10-15 minutes per day, cost nothing, grant XP, credits, and fleet comms, can be done solo (no queues to wait on if you're DPS), and have almost zero lag. Right now, with my toon in the mid-40s, I'm netting about 35-38K XP just for the daily missions themselves (and doesn't count the XP granted for the bonus mission or individual klls) and have two Dailies available to me.

Even skipping almost everything but my class quests (I do do parts of the occasional planet chain because I like the story or the sidequests I know are super easy), I hit the third planet 10 levels overleveled and I'm still four levels overleveled for where I should be right now.

Edited by AlixMV