Legacy Augmentation Kit

TheCasterTroy

An Augment Kit that would allow any Non-legacy gear to become bound to legacy. Craft it like a regular augment kit and have to go use it at the augmentation table. Of course being so OP it should be noted that this should cost alot per piece of gear so its not to legacy everything. i would say 300-500k per peice of gear. 2.1 mil - 3.5 mil for a full set of 7 (excluding weapons).

Lets hear your thoughts.

I don't see the point in something like this. I'm not trying to be discouraging but maybe a couple reasons or examples where this would be useful would help.

Legacy gear is really only used to send BoP armoring/mods/etc. over to other toons. The cost to rip out 3 78's is about 33k and then another 33k to take them out after you've mailed them over to an alt to put them in a piece of gear you like. So about 66k. No one would spend 300k-500k to make a piece of, for argument sake, Oriconian gear BoL when then can spend 66k and use an existing piece of BoL gesr to get it to an alt.

So again, what's your reasoning for wanting this?

So again, what's your reasoning for wanting this?

I think it's pretty obvious why: because there are armor sets that you might like but they are not BoL and it's kind of stupid (and hindering the CM's success) that we either have to settle for a legacy gear set that we do not like the look of or constantly remove+add to legacy gear+send to alt+remove again and vice versa.

I think it's pretty obvious why: because there are armor sets that you might like but they are not BoL and it's kind of stupid (and hindering the CM's success) that we either have to settle for a legacy gear set that we do not like the look of or constantly remove+add to legacy gear+send to alt+remove again and vice versa.

What are some examples of BoP gear you would want to have made BoL?

If you say end-game stuff like Oriconian or Obroan I suggest you play the game instead of asking to have it all handed to you. Just because you leveled one toon and do end-game content on them oesn't mean every alt you make should have the world handed to them.

If you say end-game stuff like Oriconian or Obroan I suggest you play the game instead of asking to have it all handed to you. Just because you leveled one toon and do end-game content on them oesn't mean every alt you make should have the world handed to them.

Here's an example. I share a pvp set between my merc and commando. The only piece of legacy gear that looks even remotely trooper/BH-ish is the section X chest guard, which has a stupid butt cape. I would pay a lot of cartel coins for a trooper or BH-looking legacy chest piece that doesn't have a butt cape.

Before you jump all over me for wanting to "have the world handed" to my alts, consider that this is already possible, we just want more customization options.

Could you please not put words in my mouth? Or, at the very least, wait for me to answer your question before you start bashing me?

I never said anything about Oriconian gear or any end-game piece. In fact I said nothing about which gear should be allowed to be BoLed and which shouldn't. There should obviously be limits to which pieces you can make BoL, but since you asked I was mainly talking about the Adaptive gear.

Could you please not put words in my mouth? Or, at the very least, wait for me to answer your question before you start bashing me?

I never said anything about Oriconian gear or any end-game piece. In fact I said nothing about which gear should be allowed to be BoLed and which shouldn't. There should obviously be limits to which pieces you can make BoL, but since you asked I was mainly talking about the Adaptive gear.

I'm sorry. I must have missed the memo that stated that only ONE set of adaptive gear could be bought per account.

I thought that if a player wanted more than one character to wear a particular set of adaptive gear, all that player had to do was just obtain a set for each of those characters and the appropriate mods. I guess I was mistaken.

I guess it might be possible that some people are just averse to the effort of earning the credits to purchase additional sets, or maybe the effort of meeting any requirements such as valor or social level, etc. On second thought, that can't be the reason, as we don't have any players in this game that might be averse to effort.

I'm sorry. I must have missed the memo that stated that only ONE set of adaptive gear could be bought per account.

I thought that if a player wanted more than one character to wear a particular set of adaptive gear, all that player had to do was just obtain a set for each of those characters and the appropriate mods. I guess I was mistaken.

I guess it might be possible that some people are just averse to the effort of earning the credits to purchase additional sets, or maybe the effort of meeting any requirements such as valor or social level, etc. On second thought, that can't be the reason, as we don't have any players in this game that might be averse to effort.

Ooh, passive aggressive posts. I like it. But maybe you should try a different approach if you're looking to irritate me because passive aggressiveness won't work on me. Just saying.

You did miss one part, though.

The part where LEGACY gear DIFFERS from normal adaptive gear.

If you want each and every one of your characters to have a specific Armor Set, you can buy the full set from the GTN for each of them, you can buy it with CC (if it's directly purchasable), you can try to find it in packs or you can just unlock it in your Collection.

BUT... stay with me now...

If you want to use the SAME set so that you don't have to remove + add + remove mods from it all the time, which is both time-consuming and costly, you CAN'T do that.

It's not about being cheap or not wanting to make the "effort" to get one of the Legacy sets that already exist - it's about not liking the design of existing legacy sets and wanting to turn an armor set that you actually like into legacy gear.

You can agree or disagree with that all you want, it's your right. But please, try to not derail the conversation by going off about imaginary people who are supposedly "averse to effort" or don't want to meet the "requirements such as valor or social level".

Edited by TheNahash

Ooh, passive aggressive posts. I like it. But maybe you should try a different approach if you're looking to irritate me because passive aggressiveness won't work on me. Just saying.

You did miss one part, though.

The part where LEGACY gear DIFFERS from normal adaptive gear.

If you want each and every one of your characters to have a specific Armor Set, you can buy the full set from the GTN for each of them, you can buy it with CC (if it's directly purchasable), you can try to find it in packs or you can just unlock it in your Collection.

BUT... stay with me now...

If you want to use the SAME set so that you don't have to remove + add + remove mods from it all the time, which is both time-consuming and costly, you CAN'T do that.

It's not about being cheap or not wanting to make the "effort" to get one of the Legacy sets that already exist - it's about not liking the design of existing legacy sets and wanting to turn an armor set that you actually like into legacy gear.

You can agree or disagree with that all you want, it's your right. But please, try to not derail the conversation by going off about imaginary people who are supposedly "averse to effort"

IMO, that sounds an awful lot like you ARE averse to the effort of earning the credits to pay to use the same set of gear, or the effort of actually obtaining a set for each character and the appropriate mods.

Thank you for proving my point.

Thank you for proving my point.

Well, IMO, you're still not getting it. And at this point, I'm pretty sure you're deliberately trying to twist what I'm saying.

So, as a final effort to make you understand my point, regardless of whether you agree or not:

you ARE averse to the effort of earning the credits to pay to use the same set of gear

False. I have 200mil.

Credits is not my issue. It might, however, be an issue for other players who want to have a specific look and don't have as much credits as I do. It's the annoying part of removing mods and adding them to a legacy set, sending them over to my alt, removing them again and adding them to the same set on a different character.

And for the record, I already have the same sets on both characters that I want to use them on and a couple sets unlocked in Collections.

or the effort of actually obtaining a set for each character

False. See above.

No "effort" was necessary, actually. They were pretty cheap, anyway. As for social gear, social level requirements could still apply.

and the appropriate mods

False.

You mean the mods I already CAN send to my alt anyway using the existing Legacy Gear? :rolleyes:

Edited by TheNahash

You mean the mods I already CAN send to my alt anyway using the existing Legacy Gear? :rolleyes:

So tell me again why you do not simply obtain the necessary mods for your "duplicate" sets worn by your alts so that you don't have to go through the inconvenience and credit cost to send to send a single set of mods back and forth.

Seems to me that would be a simple solution to your problem. Of course, that might take a little effort. You're not averse to that, though,are you?

Mmm...

I can see value in the suggestions, for not everything you need to transfer earned items among alts is readily available, for instance off-hand, and main hand items are difficult to get if not impossible, the only way I can get a subset is by doing the bounty hunting activities when available in the hope that eventually I will have the rep to be permited to buy them (and then not everything is there to complete a full set), CZ sells a one bladed saber but no love for the two bladed. I would like to be able to have the full collection of legacy items to transfer anything among my alts, such as vibroknives, focus generators, power generators, shield generators, off hand pistols, blaster pistol, blaster rifle, sniper rifle, one bladed and two bladed sabers, etc.

Also would be great as a means to transfer earpieces, implants and relics, it really hurts to go into a tough OPS and win something thats is bound to you, and that would be perfect for another of your alts.

It would be terrific that I could just select sample items as described above, pay the half a mil to "upgrade" them to legacy and thus over time be able to collect my set of transfer gear.

Sue

Hell of an argument man, i cant quote all of your good points so i quoted this since its exactly my reason for making this post. and to piggyback on Jimvinny's point. its possible to level a main and have ANY alt (regardless of class) have a full set of end game mods ready for them when they hit cap with pre-existing legacy gear, just wanted to BoL gear i liked instead of that stupid Gree stuff that was just a re-skin of the Vendetta outfit.

Another reason is i have 9 55's i get quite bored playing endgame content, so i level a lot of alts at the same time( i did a Op and Sniper) would of been great to have a set of legacy gear i liked for them at the time to share the gear. I know im not alone on that one

Hell of an argument man, i cant quote all of your good points so i quoted this since its exactly my reason for making this post. and to piggyback on Jimvinny's point. its possible to level a main and have ANY alt (regardless of class) have a full set of end game mods ready for them when they hit cap with pre-existing legacy gear, just wanted to BoL gear i liked instead of that stupid Gree stuff that was just a re-skin of the Vendetta outfit.

Another reason is i have 9 55's i get quite bored playing endgame content, so i level a lot of alts at the same time( i did a Op and Sniper) would of been great to have a set of legacy gear i liked for them at the time to share the gear. I know im not alone on that one

I still fail to see the reason for this.

If you are leveling an operative and a sniper, You have several options.

* You can send the same mods back and forth using legacy gear and leave those mods in that legacy gear, even if you do not like the "look" for your characters

* You can send the same mods back and forth using legacy gear, and put those mods into armor with a "look" that you like, by paying the credit cost to remove those mods from each set of armor, as needed

* You can equip each of those characters in identical sets of armor and obtain 2 sets of mods as they level, one set for each character, so that neither the mods nor the armor need to be transferred.

All three of these options are currently available in game. Of course, two of them do require a modicum of effort, either to earn the credits to cover the cost of transferring mods, or to obtain a set of mods for each character.

I still fail to see the reason for this.

If you are leveling an operative and a sniper, You have several options.

* You can send the same mods back and forth using legacy gear and leave those mods in that legacy gear, even if you do not like the "look" for your characters

* You can send the same mods back and forth using legacy gear, and put those mods into armor with a "look" that you like, by paying the credit cost to remove those mods from each set of armor, as needed

* You can equip each of those characters in identical sets of armor and obtain 2 sets of mods as they level, one set for each character, so that neither the mods nor the armor need to be transferred.

All three of these options are currently available in game. Of course, two of them do require a modicum of effort, either to earn the credits to cover the cost of transferring mods, or to obtain a set of mods for each character.

Suggesting that people go through the process of ripping stuff out of a full set, putting it in legacy gear, send it, rip it out again, placing it in the "cool" gear makes it clear that yet again you fail to see the point. Make an effort... Legacy gear hasn't been conceived only to send armoring, mods and enhancements around. The whole phenomenon of sticking stuff inside legacy gear and sending it around to alts and ripping the stuff out is just a byproduct, and people do it only occasionally.

The reasoning behind legacy gear is far more intelligent. It allows people to create new alts, either mirror or of the same class, safe in the knowledge that all the efforts they have made on their other character isn't wasted.

The whole process described at the beginning of this post is not only a credit drain (around 260k for a full dread forged set not including augments), it's incredibly time consuming, time that no one in their right mind would ever consider wasting. Every minute one spends hating the game is a loss for the game itself. People that raid regularly with mirror characters are already using legacy gear because of this reason. A legacy token gives them the opportunity to use gear they like better. No legacy token? They'll keep using legacy gear. Being able to convert gear to legacy bound is a win-win. Players get to wear the stuff they like, Bioware gets love (and money if they implement this in the Cartel Market like i suggested). Absolutely NO ONE loses.

There is no valid argument against it, aside from development costs being to high. I suspect it could create some difficulties on already Bound gear, but is should be a piece of cake for gear that is still Binds on Equp.

Edited by Kawabonga

Suggesting that people go through the process of ripping stuff out of a full set, putting it in legacy gear, send it, rip it out again, placing it in the "cool" gear makes it clear that yet again you fail to see the point. Make an effort... Legacy gear hasn't been conceived only to send armoring, mods and enhancements around. The whole phenomenon of sticking stuff inside legacy gear and sending it around to alts and ripping the stuff out is just a byproduct, and people do it only occasionally.

The reasoning behind legacy gear is far more intelligent. It allows people to create new alts, either mirror or of the same class, safe in the knowledge that all the efforts they have made on their other character isn't wasted.

The whole process described at the beginning of this post is not only a credit drain (around 260k for a full dread forged set not including augments), it's incredibly time consuming, time that no one in their right mind would ever consider wasting. Every minute one spends hating the game is a loss for the game itself. People that raid regularly with mirror characters are already using legacy gear because of this reason. A legacy token gives them the opportunity to use gear they like better. No legacy token? They'll keep using legacy gear. Being able to convert gear to legacy bound is a win-win. Players get to wear the stuff they like, Bioware gets love (and money if they implement this in the Cartel Market like i suggested). Absolutely NO ONE loses.

There is no valid argument against it, aside from development costs being to high. I suspect it could create some difficulties on already Bound gear, but is should be a piece of cake for gear that is still Binds on Equp.

Dismissing the valid options that you currently have to achieve your goal of having your characters in gear that you like because they do not mesh with your desires does not make those options any less valid.

IMO, there really is no valid reason to implement this other than to cater to people's laziness. Whether that be "too lazy to earn the credits needed to pay to send the same mods back and forth", "too lazy to take the time to move those mods back and forth" or "too lazy to acquire multiple sets of gear for multiple characters and mod each set so that mods do not need to be sent back and forth", it is still laziness, IMO.

You acknowledge that allowing BOP pieces to be made BOL could cause problems. The same problems exist with ANY piece that is bound to a single character, whether that be a BOP item or a BOE item that has already been equipped. If a BOE item has not been equipped, it can already be sent between characters.

Edited by Ratajack

Dismissing the valid options that you currently have to achieve your goal of having your characters in gear that you like because they do not mesh with your desires does not make those options any less valid.

IMO, there really is no valid reason to implement this other than to cater to people's laziness. Whether that be "too lazy to earn the credits needed to pay to send the same mods back and forth", "too lazy to take the time to move those mods back and forth" or "too lazy to acquire multiple sets of gear for multiple characters and mod each set so that mods do not need to be sent back and forth", it is still laziness, IMO.

You acknowledge that allowing BOP pieces to be made BOL could cause problems. The same problems exist with ANY piece that is bound to a single character, whether that be a BOP item or a BOE item that has already been equipped. If a BOE item has not been equipped, it can already be sent between characters.

The options are valid (well only one of them really). What we're trying to here is to create another, better option.

It would be catering to people's laziness if there were anything to lose. Again, there is nothing to lose. Implementing such an item is to improve game quality by improving the efficiency of play time. More time people spend enjoying the game, more time they'll want to play. A player in a good mood is sure to stay subscribed. He'll also be more inclined to spend money in micro transactions such as cartel coins. This logic is undeniable.

And once again, you're suggesting to use a full set of legacy only to transfer the modifications back and forth to play on mirror characters. How about you try and do that once, and then come back here and tell us if you would ever consider doing that every single time you had to raid on one or the other character.

I'll assume the answer is no, because if it is yes you're either just trolling or you don't actually have two mirror characters you raid on.

As for acquiring a full set of gear on both characters again i can't imagine anyone passing on the opportunity, already present in the game, to gear up twice as fast. But not considering the time factor, gearing up toons is not an individual effort. It's a guild effort. Maybe you're in that small circle of guilds that go daily with different characters into DF and DP HM and one-shot the whole thing. Maybe you're in a super-secret server where everyone's a pro and you get to pug those two. If that's the case then i applaud you.

If it's not then you surely realize that in order to gear up you have to depend on 7 or 15 other people, and there's not only an enormous room for error that usually results in wiping, there's also a pretty small chance to actually win a decent piece of gear. Lots of guilds have their own system of distributing loot fairly, sure. That still means there's a quite long fixed amount of time to properly gear up only one toon.

Lastly, i didn't acknowledge anything. I'm not a computer programmer, mine were only assumptions. And it has nothing to do with the game environment, why would you even bring that up :rak_02:.

Anyway, these "problems" i was referring to are definitely not impossible to fix. Customer service can unbind items. I have no idea what it would take technically speaking, but i'm sure that the object in question can be created. By "problems" i meant i don't know how much time or effort it would take to do so, or if it's worth the development cost, but again, i suspect it is seeing as how similar threads come up like mushrooms these days.

Edited by Kawabonga

The options are valid (well only one of them really). What we're trying to here is to create another, better option.

It would be catering to people's laziness if there were anything to lose. Again, there is nothing to lose. Implementing such an item is to improve game quality by improving the efficiency of play time. More time people spend enjoying the game, more time they'll want to play. A player in a good mood is sure to stay subscribed. He'll also be more inclined to spend money in micro transactions such as cartel coins. This logic is undeniable.

And once again, you're suggesting to use a full set of legacy only to transfer the modifications back and forth to play on mirror characters. How about you try and do that once, and then come back here and tell us if you would ever consider doing that every single time you had to raid on one or the other character.

I'll assume the answer is no, because if it is yes you're either just trolling or you don't actually have two mirror characters you raid on.

As for acquiring a full set of gear on both characters again i can't imagine anyone passing on the opportunity, already present in the game, to gear up twice as fast. But not considering the time factor, gearing up toons is not an individual effort. It's a guild effort. Maybe you're in that small circle of guilds that go daily with different characters into DF and DP HM and one-shot the whole thing. Maybe you're in a super-secret server where everyone's a pro and you get to pug those two. If that's the case then i applaud you.

If it's not then you surely realize that in order to gear up you have to depend on 7 or 15 other people, and there's not only an enormous room for error that usually results in wiping, there's also a pretty small chance to actually win a decent piece of gear. Lots of guilds have their own system of distributing loot fairly, sure. That still means there's a quite long fixed amount of time to properly gear up only one toon.

Lastly, i didn't acknowledge anything. I'm not a computer programmer, mine were only assumptions. And it has nothing to do with the game environment, why would you even bring that up :rak_02:.

Anyway, these "problems" i was referring to are definitely not impossible to fix. Customer service can unbind items. I have no idea what it would take technically speaking, but i'm sure that the object in question can be created. By "problems" i meant i don't know how much time or effort it would take to do so, or if it's worth the development cost, but again, i suspect it is seeing as how similar threads come up like mushrooms these days.

It IS catering to people's laziness, IMO. There is something to lose. BW stands to lose all the play time that players now put in to utilize one of those three VALID options I listed. ALL of those options are valid, even if you do not like some of them.

As for sending mods back and forth between characters, I do that only when necessary. As I said, I obtain a set of armor for each of my characters that I like, and I mod all of those sets. That way I generally do not need to send mods back and forth. Are there times when I have to send mods back and forth? Yes.

Is it easier to raid with my over geared sorcerer than my average geared operative? Sure it is. Does that mean that I should be able to win an earpiece that would be an upgrade for my operative while raiding on my sorcerer and then "buy a token to make that BOP earpiece BOL and send it to my operative"? ABSOLUTELY NOT. If I want to fully gear my operative, I know I should have to raid with him. My guild knows that also. Can I win a chest piece with cunning if no one else needs it for their character and then send those mods to my operative using legacy gear? Yes, but there is a credit cost involved and I pay that credit cost. I cannot send the armor piece over. If I want that chest piece for the look, I will have to run that OP with my operative. My guild knows that also. Fortunately, when I run that OP with my operative, then that chest piece will be an upgrade for my character and so my chances of winning it are much better.

Of course, that is subject to the RNG. RNG is not a valid reason to allow the current binding rules to be thrown out, though, IMO. Again, BW stands to lose the time that a player would have to run that OP to "win" that chest piece.