A seriously close game

silsto

i've had a few 1000/970+ matches.

i actually don't mind losing in battles that close, it was enjoyable!

Completely agree. I was in two yesterday, one was 997-1000, one was 998-1000. My team lost both, but MAN, they were fun. :D

I'd prefer to lose a really tough, close match to winning an overwhelming victory...1000-183, I figure we just pimp-slapped a bunch of brand-new players, and that isn't anything to be proud of. Worse, I worry that that kind of match might put new players off the expansion entirely, and THAT'S no good.

I don't remember the exact numbers, but I was in a game where my team was winning ~975 - 700. The enemy team ended up 3-capping us (leaving us at 975), and we ended up winning solely on points from kills, the final score being ~1000-995. If that last kill had been 2 seconds later, we would have lost...

only if i didn't kill myself for more missiles at the end i might of won that match

No offense but serves you right lol. I like trying to last as long as possible and get laser only kills. One match I had 40+ kills and zero deaths, I actually learned how to kill with my lasers that match. Relied to heavily on missiles before lol.

We haven't seen a republic team win a match in so long on PoT5 that there's been a bit of concern with our group that you guys would stop queuing as much.

Yeah, I recognize Lytewraith, though I think that's a Gladiator in the screenshot. (Edit: herp, enforcer and gladiator share skins.)

We haven't had a match that close, though I was in a 995-1000 match a few days ago. Also had a 1000-0 match, but that wasn't the same kind of fun.

-Maethon

Edited by Armonddd

Ok, here's what nobody noticed in this scorecard. The winning team has 1000 points and the losing team 999. However the losing team outclassed the winning team three and four-fold when it came to kills. How in the blue fizzeruck did the winning team cap so many sats without barely killing anyone. They're "ace" has 3 kills! The results of this game seem almost impossible. Can anybody explain? Did the losing team sometimes just get bored and leave the sats and then you capped them without killing anyone? I am boggled.

I love those close matches too.

That's awesome!

We haven't seen a republic team win a match in so long on PoT5 that there's been a bit of concern with our group that you guys would stop queuing as much.

Glad to see you came out on top there.

-Shadowfist

The Imps on have pretty much stopped queuing on the Shadowlands server. I played 15 matches last night and only one was against imps and they lost 1000 to 7 with only two kills on their side.

Of course, Shadowlands is an east coast server, and I was playing from 5pm to 11pm PST. Maybe all the Imps play earlier than me.

Can't wait for preferred and f2p to get in so the pool is larger.

Edited by drwcroaker

I've been in matchs on the imperial side when we finally turned it around and were about to pass the republic team in score and to lose because the game timer ran out. The only gripe I do have tho is if a match closes earlier because not enough people joined its a instant defeat on my stat record. I have never seen a win because of that early closure so I can only hope both sides get a loss. But like one guy posted he was 149-1 because of something like that happened to him early into the pre-release.