Are banned accounts returning for payback?

GalacticKegger

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be a reddit thing... or some other sesspit of despair that has decided to "rise against" SWTOR...

Most likely tho, it's just disgruntled old forumite trolls that have gathered on "that other forum" and hatched the plan to all get in at once and try to stir things up...

They're probably on TS/Vent/Mumble/VC of choice right now coordinating efforts. :D

Each time the game hits a positive milestone, the so called haters will come with a vengeance. That's what we're seeing this month, with the (somewhat successful) release of GSF and 2.5 as a whole.

They cannot tolerate this game's relative success. They rejoice at (eventual) drops in revenues or subscriptions numbers. This makes them feel good, superior. Their only satisfactions come from belittling others, either here or in real life. They feel sadness everytime a positive post is made, a positive review comes out.

This actually has so little to do with the game, it's unsettling... :confused:

This is a well known behavior of certain kids in kindergarden: they cannot bear the sight of another kid enjoying a toy; they will try to destroy the toy. What we're seeing here is the "adulthood" version of such behavior.

I feel sad for them. I also feel sad for their close ones.. :(

Each time the game hits a positive milestone, the so called haters will come with a vengeance. That's what we're seeing this month, with the (somewhat successful) release of GSF and 2.5 as a whole.

They cannot tolerate this game's relative success. They rejoice at (eventual) drops in revenues or subscriptions numbers. This makes them feel good, superior. Their only satisfactions come from belittling others, either here or in real life. They feel sadness everytime a positive post is made, a positive review comes out.

This actually has so little to do with the game, it's unsettling... :confused:

This is a well known behavior of certain kids in kindergarden: they cannot bear the sight of another kid enjoying a toy; they will try to destroy the toy. What we're seeing here is the "adulthood" version of such behavior.

I feel sad for them. I also feel sad for their close ones.. :(

If they are on a mole payroll then close ones probably aren't a collateral casualty consideration. Edited by GalacticKegger

Jurgens does that there too but recently his posts keep on getting locked (i wonder why) so he's back here.

As for the new ones, i wonder if they are his "friends" from the cesspool that is mmorpg.com

I think we are beyond wondering. It's Leopold and Lobe. Two old disgruntled unsubs who can't leave the game they hate. Lol! So, let them pay their subs. The satisfaction they derive from the churn they cause is nothing compared to the real money they spend supporting the game.

It is funny actually. It is funny because they will eventually get banned and the game keeps their cash. And... because they are going to find out soon there are ways to block them that have nothing to do with their screen name.

At the end of the day, their dollars will on the BW/EA balance sheet and that speaks more loudly in support then anything they can muster in these forums.

Nope i think i got it right actually, you're the one who's got it backwards. BW need to start banning these people who attack people for criticizing the game, they need to ban people who call other people trolls and stuff. To think that criticism is a bad thing is completely ridiculous. It's healthy for a game to recieve it because then it can improve.

You will have to be one of banned if that happen - because you just called twice players stuff :)

Indeed. Ultimately, what it boils down to are a few soreheads who do not possess the ability to manage their expectations and don't understand the concept that no game will appeal to everyone, nor should it. What we see on an almost daily basis on these forums are those people who are so obsessed with themselves that they feel they need to exact personal vengeance on the game and will not rest until they see it shut down. What enrages them even more is the fact that there are a great many people who actually enjoy the game that Bioware provided, and see no reason for it to change, other than making the usual bug fixes and natural improvements through evolution. What these people simply cannot grasp is that the game turned itself around in the face of failure and has now proven to be a success, and as such, will not be going away any time soon, despite their feeble efforts.

Edited by TravelersWay

I think we are beyond wondering. It's Leopold and Lobe. Two old disgruntled unsubs who can't leave the game they hate. Lol! So, let them pay their subs. The satisfaction they derive from the churn they cause is nothing compared to the real money they spend supporting the game.

It is funny actually. It is funny because they will eventually get banned and the game keeps their cash. And... because they are going to find out soon there are ways to block them that have nothing to do with their screen name.

At the end of the day, their dollars will on the BW/EA balance sheet and that speaks more loudly in support then anything they can muster in these forums.

I personally appreciate their monetary contributions to our game. With so few though, the tradeoff question is whether or not the game and its community are really better for it.

"Trolls aspire to violence, to the level of trouble they can cause in an environment. They want it to kick off. They want to promote antipathetic emotions of disgust and outrage, which morbidly gives them a sense of pleasure."

Tom Postmes

Professor of Social and Organizational Psychology

University of Exeter, England

University of Groningen, The Netherlands

Edited by GalacticKegger

Every game forums is the same those that think the game is perfect and the developers can do no wrong.

And those that think the complete opposite.

Its the second most expensive game ever made and the biggest voiceover project in history. It would be hard to make a game that fails in every area from that. There are bound to be some great parts of the game. Alot of the design. The class stories. The characters. Voice work and sound. Music.

The game noway lives upto what it should have been though for how much time and money was put into it. Its has equally good and bad points it just depends which you are looking for.

Just feel happy that only subs can post otherwise there would be ALOT more anger on these forums.

Well, I don't know. I immediately put all the shameful people here on my ignore list if they troll too much. Therefore I probably miss a lot of the action.

I had my ignore list in my signature once. But BW removed it, because someone felt offended that I ignored her. Or the mod felt offended that I ignored her, who knows.

If everyone would simply ignore Jurgens and his crew (it is quite easy to guess who they are), they can post hundreds of stupid threads, but nobody would ever notice. Don't feed the troll, interwebz board rule no. 1. But if I see that someone like Guelle or whatever name it was gets like 20+ pages on his troll thread... well, it occurs to me that many people here like to get trolled or are way too easily baited. Really, just hit ignore and enjoy the silence. :)

Every game forums is the same those that think the game is perfect and the developers can do no wrong.

And those that think the complete opposite.

Its the second most expensive game ever made and the biggest voiceover project in history. It would be hard to make a game that fails in every area from that. There are bound to be some great parts of the game. Alot of the design. The class stories. The characters. Voice work and sound. Music.

The game noway lives upto what it should have been though for how much time and money was put into it. Its has equally good and bad points it just depends which you are looking for.

Just feel happy that only subs can post otherwise there would be ALOT more anger on these forums.

Then this forum would look exactly like MMORPG.com

Heh. Lots of game forums are like this; two sided affairs with the critics and defenders. The reality is if criticism (of the good stripe) doesn't happen the game stagnates and dies off. If criticism of the bad stripe happens, then one ends up with toxic forums due to the Us vs. Them mentality.

Personally, as can be seen from my post count, I don't tend to post very much in the forums. When I have problems or tech issues I just go to the support forum; or, more likely contact EA/BW Support directly. Customer Support for this game though is a whole different kettle of fish and would rapidly devolve the thread into a flame war.

That said, after a few months of playing I just unsub. Wait a few months, monitor the site and forums to see if changes have occurred and if enough improvements have happened I resub for a month or so. To each their own though.

Jurgens does that there too but recently his posts keep on getting locked (i wonder why) so he's back here.

As for the new ones, i wonder if they are his "friends" from the cesspool that is mmorpg.com

Really? I sometimes read there but don´´t have an account. It is indeed a cesspool of ex subscribers and some F2P players, but all in all the SWTOR forum on mmorpg.com is pretty much dead. I´ve seen the same threads listed there on the SWTOR main page for months.

Many weeks ago there was a QA for Bioware but still no answers on the question thread. At least last time I checked.

Nope i think i got it right actually, you're the one who's got it backwards. BW need to start banning these people who attack people for criticizing the game, they need to ban people who call other people trolls and stuff. To think that criticism is a bad thing is completely ridiculous. It's healthy for a game to recieve it because then it can improve.

No you got that wrong.. People have a right to demand that someone be constructive in their criticism.. They only people that call other people trolls are the ones that are doing the whining and complaining.

Criticism is a bad thing.. Constructive criticism is not.. There is a huge difference..

Again you are wrong.. Bioware doesn't just want or need us to tell them what is wrong with the game.. They would like to know how to fix it as well.. Something that some certain people don't care about.. They just want to whine and spam the forum about this that and the other, and don't want to give any thought on how to fix it..

Whining and complaining is not criticism and isn't constructive.. So no.. Sorry.. You do not have that right.. Just saying.. :)

Sure, because denigrating those who disagree with you by naming them "elite defenders", "blind fanboys", and "biodrones" is not doing the exact same thing. Amazing how easy it is to see faults in others that you proudly display at the same time.

Wow... Now that is going to leave a mark!!!

Good catch there..

Quoted for truth.. :)

Nah, he has it dead on. The people causing the most ruckus are the "haters" who endlessly complain without offering any real criticism or arguments. They are, for the most part, trolls with nothing better to do than whine and moan.

If you have a criticism, be critical and concise. "This game sux" is not a critical argument. Show the issue, discuss why the issue is important, offer possible solutions and then discuss in its entirety.

I've been on both sides as an attacker and a defender and quite honestly it gets tiresome to see illogical rants with no redeeming value. Those types of criticisms will get torn apart by others quickly as they offer nothing. "Haters" like to attack people defending the game because they have no real argument to discuss. Quite often in the rant post a "hater" makes will be a line that goes something like "and of course Biodrones will flock in to defend the game". The moment you see one of those, you know the post is a troll post without any merit.

If you can't handle criticism of your criticism of the game, you are part of the problem.

Wow.. Well stated..

Very well stated.. Nicely worded.. :)

Constructive feedback is one thing. "Biofail, you MUST add this feature to the game or all the PvPers/raiders/whatevers are going to quit!" is of no use to anyone.

Therefore, assuming you were not just trolling, you did get it backwards in your prior post.

Dude!!! What is up with you?? Another thread we agree on.. This is actually becoming a regular thing now.. How could it be?? :D

Edited by MajikMyst

Really? I sometimes read there but don´´t have an account. It is indeed a cesspool of ex subscribers and some F2P players, but all in all the SWTOR forum on mmorpg.com is pretty much dead. I´ve seen the same threads listed there on the SWTOR main page for months.

Many weeks ago there was a QA for Bioware but still no answers on the question thread. At least last time I checked.

BW probably recognizes the site's issues and have decided to avoid it for fear of the flame job their answers (however genuine or factual) would incite. Edited by GalacticKegger

Heh. Lots of game forums are like this; two sided affairs with the critics and defenders. The reality is if criticism (of the good stripe) doesn't happen the game stagnates and dies off. If criticism of the bad stripe happens, then one ends up with toxic forums due to the Us vs. Them mentality.

This is a good point. Unfortunately defenders seem unable to tolerate any kind of criticism and will swarm any threads trying to bring up valid points.

Not that this excuses a lot of the troll threads but white knight defenders are part of why these forums are so toxic since they turn even the most reasonable critical threads into dung-flinging death match arenas.

Edited by Blackholeskipper