Thing that annoys you most about GSF?

Tenacity

For me, it's satellite humping. A lot of players will get right up on a satellite and fly circles around it, preventing anyone from getting a lock on them. You wont be able to hit them from range as they keep dodging in and out of those solar arrays or structural bits, and up close you cant keep a bead on them for lasers. Also seems like even the friendly turrets cant do much about enemies that close to your satellites.

I also particularly hate the capture point on the space map that has force fields all around it. I guess the devs dont realize how clumsy ship handling is at super close range in confined areas like that.

I do fine in open space dogfighting, or even around larger objects, but man are those confined spots annoying =P

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me, it's satellite humping. A lot of players will get right up on a satellite and fly circles around it, preventing anyone from getting a lock on them. You wont be able to hit them from range as they keep dodging in and out of those solar arrays or structural bits, and up close you cant keep a bead on them for lasers. Also seems like even the friendly turrets cant do much about enemies that close to your satellites.

I also particularly hate the capture point on the space map that has force fields all around it. I guess the devs dont realize how clumsy ship handling is at super close range in confined areas like that.

I do fine in open space dogfighting, or even around larger objects, but man are those confined spots annoying =P

Shoulda been there in beta when bombers camped the satellites dropping Velcro det mines like beer farts to supplement the turrets. A big reason why bombers were pulled for release.

In the current game ... while I don't really have any game-breaking issues, I am probably most annoyed at not being to fly from a cockpit view. As a flight sim enthusiast since Microprose designed the original wire-framed & untextured flight sim in the early 80s that Microsoft eventually acquired for their Flight Simulator franchise (showing my age ... sry about that) first person flight became second nature to me.

Having to dogfight in 3rd person is too much like sim racing from 3rd person ... the reaction time is delayed because the distance response is distorted. Plus, 1st person POV puts the player smack dab in the middle of the action perception-wise. Again, not a game breaker. Just more of an annoyance.

Edited by GalacticKegger

Caping the satelites. Scout hugs it, you can have 10 people around, doesn't help.

I dont mind them hiding in it, it is ncie way of hiding. And they always come out for a second.. :D

Probably this. They should totally increase the capture range.

I also EFFING hate DoT railguns on my Scouts. :p I find myself hunting down the SoBs that use them at the cost of everything else.

I'm pissed at the unlimited engine energy for Scouts. It lets them do whatever they want and go everywhere and use their evasion abilities as many times as they want. They can turn on a dime, they can two shot me on both my strike fighter and gunship, and I can never hit them.

Allies who refuse to cooperate with strategies laid out at the start of the match. I hate it when a group of us will discuss focusing on A and B before the match starts, only for 1/3 of the team to go to C anyway, thus dividing our forces so we lack the firepower to cap any of them.

I've had by far the best success with picking 2 nodes (usually A and B or B and C) to focus on, sending two scouts to each, and sending one scout to the third (just in case the enemy leaves it completely abandoned). Then divide up the rest of the team between the two you are focusing on. So many people seem to want to go for the 3-cap right off the bat, only for it to blow up in our faces.

The capture mechanic. Anything that incentivizes you not to fight, but instead to orbit or hump the satellite endlessly, waiting for others to do the fighting (or for your enemies to self-destruct) is silly.

And it's not equivalent to capping a node in Warzones--because in Warzones you are utterly vulnerable while doing so. While in GSF, clinging to a satellite is one of the safest things you can do--and it also happens to help you win matches.

The capture mechanic. Anything that incentivizes you not to fight, but instead to orbit or hump the satellite endlessly, waiting for others to do the fighting (or for your enemies to self-destruct) is silly.

Someone even managed to write into the chat window that he wanted to get replaced. As soon as I was there, enemy fighters atacked out Satellite.

Easy. The most annoying thing? Players who do not understand that all maps are objective based and are not total deathmatchs.

They need to have a tutorial where you cannot leave, or play any part of TOR until you pass a few tests which prove you are aware of the tactic. ;)

Easy. The most annoying thing? Players who do not understand that all maps are objective based and are not total deathmatchs.

They need to have a tutorial where you cannot leave, or play any part of TOR until you pass a few tests which prove you are aware of the tactic. ;)

If you're a good fighter, you can get more requisition points that way, even if your team loses.

The only times where I've managed 1000 points in a match was when I hopped in a gunship and sniped ships other people were fighting, or when I was in a scout ship and just ran around hunting gunships. Neither time did I help with actually capping or defending the node.

If you're a good fighter, you can get more requisition points that way, even if your team loses.

The only times where I've managed 1000 points in a match was when I hopped in a gunship and sniped ships other people were fighting, or when I was in a scout ship and just ran around hunting gunships. Neither time did I help with actually capping or defending the node.

Yeah... Killing enemies gives more req, sadly....

As a former JTL player, target acquisition is a pain. There's no relative "altitude" on the radar. Should be able to target the last target that shot you. Target cycling should move outward by range. And being unable to check my 6 is annoying. Only a couple days in, I'm sure improvements are coming. Just hope it doesn't take as long as it did for the expansion to arrive.

I believe 'r' does just that.

I have even been able to do this a few seconds after I died, so I know who to hunt down and punish.

unless it was a sensor dampening gunship then "R" "E" and TAB are useless and that doesn't go the same for sensor dampening scouts because of the limited range a scout has to hit a target

Edited by Vis-Tecum

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.