Having to repurchase skill ranks everytime I level

Vildiil

Every time I level since 2.5 I'm having to repurchase every rank for the first 2 starting abilities on my Sniper. It's also happening to my friend on his sorc. I'm having to rebuy every rank of Snipe and Explosive Probe and he is getting it for Shock and Thrash.

As you can imagine this is quite costly and deterring us from leveling these characters.

I reported this behavior last night on my Sage. From level 52-55 I had to re-purchase all levels of Project and Double Strike, each and every time I leveled. I really hope they give us a refund for the credits spent on repurchasing these.

Any chance we'll be able to get our credits refunded for having purchased the same 20k ability multiple times? Or should we just stop leveling/upgrading our skills til this is fixed?

If the system can tell that you've bought "explosive probe [rank 5]" multiple times and refunds the extras, I have no problem continuing to throw credits away as I level, but if we're not going to get any of that back, might as well just stop leveling/go play another game until this is fixed.

Hey folks,

We are aware of this and are actively working on a fix for this issue. Our goal is to get the fix completed and out to you on Tuesday. I will let you know once I know more!

-eric

Will we be getting a credit refund for the skills we've ranked back up to max in order to actually play viably?

Every time I level since 2.5 I'm having to repurchase every rank for the first 2 starting abilities on my Sniper. It's also happening to my friend on his sorc. I'm having to rebuy every rank of Snipe and Explosive Probe and he is getting it for Shock and Thrash.

As you can imagine this is quite costly and deterring us from leveling these characters.

This has happened to me on all of my toons I am leveling so far it is costing a fortune as they are high-mid level - if they dont intend to refund put an alert out so we stop spending money on them

I found something odd... I played Galactic Starfighter with my scoundrel and gained a level. Got the bug described here. I went on to Belsavis and gained two levels there. Didn't get the bug. Haven't tried grinding through GSF again to see if the bug is part of that, but it might be where it's happening.

This seems to happen on my Powertech (he has to keep rebuying Missile Blast from the beginning), but only when I level when XP is awarded at the end of a Galactic Starfighter match.

I'll see yellow flytext listing a bunch of abilities that trained (automatically). It seems GS might have introduced some wonkiness to training skills when you level inside?

Same question: Credits back?

I logged an in game ticket as well a day ago just in case. (Asked the same question) :D

Answer is yes, I sent in a ticket and the GM said let me know how much I lost and they'll give it back. I just have to figure out the amount now since I don't exactly remember.

Edit: and with the patch this bug is now fixed.

Edited by Deathen_Shada

THIS WAS NOT FIXED as the patch notes indicate. Tried it several times just now, and each time I pull out my holo statue for training, it's still asking me to repurchase lower ranks of skills I already have on my Scoundrel.

Greetings,

I am Protocol Droid M0-T0, Human Cyborg Relations.

Thank you for contacting us regarding your skills being reset upon levelling up.

First, please allow me to apologize for the frustration caused by this issue.

However, I am pleased to inform you that following our most recent patch this issue has been resolved and your skills will not reset again upon gaining a level.

I can certainly understand that having to retrain previously learned skills can be an expensive ordeal, and as such I would like to offer you a refund of credits spent due to this issue.

If you would kindly reply back to this mail with the name of the affected skills and the approximate time you had to retrain them, our friendly Customer Service Team will promptly investigate and reimburse you for any loss incurred.

I wish you the best of luck in your galactic adventures, and thank you for your patience and your understanding whilst we worked to resolve your issue.

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid M0-T0 (aka Mark)

Dude it's fixed... Now they won't reset, but if they are already reset you still have to buy them one last time... Jeez it's not that hard.

THIS WAS NOT FIXED as the patch notes indicate. Tried it several times just now, and each time I pull out my holo statue for training, it's still asking me to repurchase lower ranks of skills I already have on my Scoundrel.

Put in a suppor ticket in game and they will refund your credits. I put in a ticket when i first encountered the bug and am supposed to be getting a refund.

Dude it's fixed... Now they won't reset, but if they are already reset you still have to buy them one last time... Jeez it's not that hard.

That's a major cop-out. Hundreds of thousands of credits can take along time to acquire for casual players. They should refeund all players who were affected by the bug, no support ticket required. Its not like we're taking about real money. Just give everyone 500k credits for there trouble and an apology. It's crap like this being ignored that cause people to leave un-sub or leave the game entirely.

• 1 month later...
This happened to me as I was leveling my Operative in December 2013. It went away sometime before or after Christmas, but it's back as of this morning. Hopped on to craft and abilities and skill points from levels 54 and 55 are unpurchased/unassigned. And it's about 160K just to rebuy the skills I'm missing. This is very frustrating. Are you even aware it's still happening?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.