Galactic Starfighter Records

paowee

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I call ghosting is giving up a node to the enemy intentionally and I said that after Tomeateeje swerved away from a node just as a imp contested it. Now this could be vary well to chase some other prey as he had already declared he was out for kills, but it looked dang suspicious, and I wasn't in much of a charitable mood after being told a portion of my team would not be helping win.

And if your trying to let the imps have a chance why where you shooting them down as fast as you possibly could? That just frustrates and pisses them off more than getting three capped.

Regardless of your motivation, intentionally ignoring objectives for the purpose of inflating kills and damage is a deplorable practice, and I also notice that the last record submitted had the same objective ignoring cronies from the match I was in thus making my SS relevant to what people draw from this thread.

Also keep in mind the DPS when you calculate my DPS for 172.58 DPS in ten minutes it comes out to 103,000 Damage total, so that means the match lasted a couple seconds longer than 10 minutes, now when you look at total dps, my dps outscores everyone, even the people who have more damage than me, what that says it that THEY are the ones who had longer matches, and so more time to get kills, damage, etc. So in reality my scores are not inflated at all, in fact most of them are underinflated.

Also keep in mind the DPS when you calculate my DPS for 172.58 DPS in ten minutes it comes out to 103,000 Damage total, so that means the match lasted a couple seconds longer than 10 minutes, now when you look at total dps, my dps outscores everyone, even the people who have more damage than me, what that says it that THEY are the ones who had longer matches, and so more time to get kills, damage, etc. So in reality my scores are not inflated at all, in fact most of them are underinflated.

The point was your intent as evidenced by the comments made by you and your cohort, you go into matches with the intent to drive up numbers.

Yes your numbers are legitimate in the sense that you earned them, but you did so by having your team draw out the match to provide a optimal setting to number farm. When people do this in ground PvP we call it a set-up match

Think of it like this:

The large number matches only happen when several specific circumstances all happen together. normally these matches are very very rare and are considered lucky ones. However by prolonging a match abnormally you giving yourself a much higher amount of these "lucky" circumstance matches and since you have more of these ideal circumstance matches you have a much better chance to get the high numbers than you would normally.

A analogy would be a time-trail competition except one of the contestants is given more tries than the others.

In the end your DPS is the highest reported so why are you so compelled to attempt to set-up matches for totals? In my experience with record keeping the totals category is nothing more than a record of anomaly matches. More to be revered for their extreme rarity and luck than for their skill. You shouldn't bother yourself with them, or with number chasing in general, play the best you can under normal circumstances, and what you do in a normal match speaks far more than some big number in a thread.

The practice of using set-up matches is generally considered by the community to be nothing more than a cheap trick and it is sad to see a fine player such as yourself fall to such things.

Edited by Zoom_VI

The point was your intent as evidenced by the comments made by you and your cohort, you go into matches with the intent to drive up numbers.

Yes your numbers are legitimate in the sense that you earned them, but you did so by having your team draw out the match to provide a optimal setting to number farm. When people do this in ground PvP we call it a set-up match

Think of it like this:

The large number matches only happen when several specific circumstances all happen together. normally these matches are very very rare and are considered lucky ones. However by prolonging a match abnormally you giving yourself a much higher amount of these "lucky" circumstance matches and since you have more of these ideal circumstance matches you have a much better chance to get the high numbers than you would normally.

A analogy would be a time-trail competition except one of the contestants is given more tries than the others.

In the end your DPS is the highest reported so why are you so compelled to attempt to set-up matches for totals? In my experience with record keeping the totals category is nothing more than a record of anomaly matches. More to be revered for their extreme rarity and luck than for their skill. You shouldn't bother yourself with them, or with number chasing in general, play the best you can under normal circumstances, and what you do in a normal match speaks far more than some big number in a thread.

The practice of using set-up matches is generally considered by the community to be nothing more than a cheap trick and it is sad to see a fine player such as yourself fall to such things.

I don't know where you are getting that the main idea of us prolonging the match was to get larger scoreboards, we were trying to get them to three cap us and then when they got to 500 we would try to three cap them back and win. We had a very good premade at that time and we were getting board of winning within 7 minutes or less every single match, we also felt sorry for the imps losing every time 1000 to 2. It was just an added bonus that we had a chance to get higher numbers.

While I don't know why it doesn't say so in this match, I am sure that someone else can confirm that in almost every match we went into that we said to not do objectives, we said that we would wait until we had 500 points then try to three cap them. In the 12 matches we did this we lost only 1 of them even though we were not going after objectives till they had 500 points.

Also, I would like to note that if my primary intention was to farm kills, damage, etc. I wouldn't have been grouping with them, as you noticed they do a good bit of damage and kills, those kills take away from the potential kills I could have, in fact we were almost constantly kill stealing from each other and we were completely fine with it. We were not making our main objective to get the best possible score (or at least I wasn't ). What we were doing was trying to have a fun and challenging game, which using this tactic normally, but not always, did.

While it may not be the best strategy to get a challenging match, we did not want to switch to IMP side for several reasons

A) The ships look

B) We haven't nearly finished upgrading our main ships.

C) Most of us were leveling up characters with GS.

Bossofallbosses - Skybolt - The Underworld Alliance - The Ebon Hawk - 146.93 DPS

http://i.imgur.com/3syd2Ss.png

Bossofallbosses - Skybolt - The Underworld Alliance - The Ebon Hawk - 30 kill streak - 30 kills

http://i.imgur.com/UuZoeKV.png

Bossofallbosses - Skybolt - The Underworld Alliance - The Ebon Hawk - 15 solo kills

http://i.imgur.com/oWlaZpA.png

Hey this is Tomeateeje, just to clarify, Jaxin and I had been winning non-stop for hours straight so we were also trying to make the game harder, we didn't know about this records board at the time.

Interesting how you still managed to screenshot your best games and upload them right afterwards, isn't it?

I call complete BS.

Hey this is Tomeateeje, just to clarify, Jaxin and I had been winning non-stop for hours straight so we were also trying to make the game harder, we didn't know about this records board at the time.

I knew about the record boards as soon as they were created, Tomeateeje didnt know about the record boards though.

Well... I guess someone should mention that the GSS-3 Mangler is a gunship.

Also, here's my screenie for 67% accuracy for a gunship: http://s1289.photobucket.com/user/SwordSaint77/media/Screenshot_2013-12-09_23_28_07_621349_zps23f566f9.jpg.html?filters[user]=138475254&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

Edited by -SwordSaint-

Rypere - IL-5 Ocula - TheBrotherhood - The Harbinger - 92902 damage imgur

some of the current information on the leaderboard also seems to be incorrect. under "Kills and assists" Paskun has the right screenshot but the wrong guild/server/etc. (right info can be found under total damage category) and bossofallbosses has what I assume is the right info based on other entries but with Paskun's screenshot linked. In the assists only category, bossofallbosses info is shown again, where it should be Paskun (according to the linked screenshot).

Edited by Commander_Smooth

Rypere - IL-5 Ocula - TheBrotherhood - The Harbinger - 92902 damage imgur

some of the current information on the leaderboard also seems to be incorrect. under "Kills and assists" Paskun has the right screenshot but the wrong guild/server/etc. (right info can be found under total damage category) and bossofallbosses has what I assume is the right info based on other entries but with Paskun's screenshot linked. In the assists only category, bossofallbosses info is shown again, where it should be Paskun (according to the linked screenshot).

hmm i thought i fixed that already... will update tomorrow. bedtime for now:p