Remove CC cost for Fleet Req conversion

Cessna_X

I get really tired of these money grabbing comments. EA is a business and businesses exist to make profit. Of course they are going to charge you at some point.

They already charged us when we paid our monthly subscription. They should allow subscribers to convert req with credits.

Edited by CommanderKeeva

Subscribers already get a 40-60% boost on requisition earned over F-2-P (not worked it out but it's in that ball park, wouldn't surprise me if it's a flat 50% bonus ;) ) that allows them to gear up their ship faster.

I don't see an issue with an additional charge for those effectively wanting to bypass content. If you are enjoying GSF play it and you'll get maxed out in the end. If you need to rush to the 'winning' line to unlock boosts on a ship you're not playing then I feel it's perfectly fair to pay for it. Maybe you could use some of those complimentary CC that come with your subscription ;)

The conversion is totally pay-to-win and their choice to use this method is despicable.

It is also not the only place where you can see blatant nickle and diming. The colors of the engine contrails and the blaster fire is intentionally mismatched. The only way to fix it, if you care about cosmetics, is to spend 120cc to change one of the colors to match the other.

You can just see them sitting around the table brainstorming how to squeeze an extra dollar out of a customer.

Mr. Burns

Edited by Monterone

Even so, why can't they allow subscribers to do so with credits? I'm sick and tired of them forcing their Cartel Coins on us. Yeah, I agree, it's not gamebreaking, but it's annoying me very much on principle. The same that they're demanding Cartel Coins for using the Appearance Customization Vendor.
They need to generate revenue, plain and simple, and subs are still their most important source for income. It was mentioned somewhere, players with subscription are spending more money on the CM than those who arent even willing to pay for a sub. Giving everything away for free for subs effictivley kills their "F2P" buisness model.

It sucks and i dont like the balance between montly grant and CM prices either, but the conversion really is dirt cheap.

It's not exactly winning, but getting better gear, which improves your chances of winning.

Of course with the bracket system, the effect of gear is negligible. There is still an effect, though, however small. Because you can indirectly obtain that effect through the use of CC, it is in principle pay-to-win. It would be nice not to have such a system, but it's too profitable with effects too miniscule such that it's highly unlikely BW/EA will repeal it. It doesn't hurt to try, though, right?

How absolutely stupid does one need to be to even remotely believe all ships are better as unlocks? Every ship is completely different from the rest. FFS learn to play.

First day I have all three scouts and strikes. Not a single one is the same as the last. None of them even fly the same. Buying a new ship is completely relearning how to play. Only ships that overpower the others are the CC ships. Mainly because their plays tile is beyond perfect for a dogfight.

How absolutely stupid does one need to be to even remotely believe all ships are better as unlocks? Every ship is completely different from the rest. FFS learn to play.

First day I have all three scouts and strikes. Not a single one is the same as the last. None of them even fly the same. Buying a new ship is completely relearning how to play. Only ships that overpower the others are the CC ships. Mainly because their plays tile is beyond perfect for a dogfight.

I'm not comparing different ships. I'm comparing one ship with no gear vs. the same ship with maxed out gear.

Can we agree that, however small the effect, HAVING GEAR is better than NOT HAVING GEAR?

Since you can pay to have gear, you can pay to be better. In other words, you can pay to win.

Yes, the effect is small. But the grievance is really more about the principle of it.

All you buy with fleet coms though are new companions and ships right?

All the weapons and things that actually make you significantly better are ship coms and those are free conversion from fleet coms.

Ya, when I unlocked the T6 I paid 160 CC for 4000 ship--> Fleet Coms but I didn't have to, I just prefer the T6. What great benefit does someone get for transferring to fleet coms? I admit I haven't fully explored the system, I was having too much fun in matches.

All this considered if I have to choose between "P2W" that simply means person X can get upgrades faster to their preferred ship by grinding on the ship "alts" than me who plays my primary ship almost exclusively to learn all the subtle aspects of it I'm ok with that. It beats selling CC only Death Star laser cannons.

Besides if match making works as well as intended won't it do a "gear check" to minimize guys with fully upgraded ships from being matched to a game with newbies/players who have only a few upgrades? If so I don't see how it's P2W since earning components faster just means you'll get matched into games with similarly equipped players faster. Doesn't seem very "P2W" if match making prevents stacking players who are fully equipped against players who aren't similarly equipped.

I'm split between opinions on this. On one hand, as an aspiring game designer, I totally understand the purpose behind the microtransaction system as a whole, in spite of not really approving of it. This is just one of the many devious ways those coins get drained, and seems underwhelming for the expenditure.

That said, it serves as a decent, if cheap, coin sink if you're not in the market for random luck and don't like the cartel ship looks. It also serves as a way for people who don't have a lot of time on their hands to still feel competitive without having to devote countless hours to the game, which is a nice incentive for casual players.

I feel like the conversion cost should either be removed, or the compensation increased.