A short Survey for the pvp Community

kelvaen

What the survey looks like

Would you like to see Rated PVP in Huttball

Yes

No

Would you like to see all pvpers consolidated to one server no matter time zone OR would you rather have Cross server queues?

Cross Server

Consolidated

Either or I don't care, I just want to pvp

Do you think a pvper is properly rewarded through item upgrades

No I have all the items a pvper would want, and i'm bored

yes there are plenty of items I still need

Are you a hardcore pvper, casual pvper, or wanting to be hardcore but not allowed to be?

No i'm more casual

Yes i'm hardcore

I would like to be hardcore but bioware wont allow me to, because they dont focus on the pvpers.

Would you like more Huttball maps?

Hell yes

No I hate huttball

I don't care

Would you like to see a warzone that was of similar capacity as AV in Wow

Yes, I want large scale warzones that last days on end

No I dont want large world pvp warzones

Results after 1 day

Would you like to see Rated PVP in Huttball

1 Yes 120 69%

2 No 54 31%

Total 174 100.00%

Would you like to see all pvpers consolidated to one server no matter time zone OR would you rather have Cross server queues?

1 Cross Server 124 71%

2 Consolidated 15 9%

3 Either or I don't care, I just want to pvp 35 20%

Total 174 100.00%

Do you think a pvper is properly rewarded through item upgrades

1 No I have all the items a pvper would want, and i'm bored 84 48%

2 yes there are plenty of items I still need 90 52%

Total 174 100.00%

Are you a hardcore pvper, casual pvper, or wanting to be hardcore but not allowed to be?

1 No i'm more casual 67 39%

2 Yes i'm hardcore 44 25%

3 I would like to be hardcore but bioware wont allow me to, because they dont focus on the pvpers. 63 36%

Total 174 100.00%

Would you like more Huttball maps?

1 Hell yes 125 72%

2 No I hate huttball 21 12%

3 I don't care 28 16%

Total 174 100.00%

1 Yes, I want large scale warzones that last days on end 121 70%

2 No I dont want large world pvp warzones 53 30%

Total 174 100.00%

you would be surprised how many people have said no

That's partly because there are so little options. If people don't have a clear opinion (i.e. I don't really care if there will be ranked huttball or not, since I don't do ranked) and you ask "do you want thing x?" and the answers are yes or no, at least I answer no. No, I don't want it. I just don't have anything against it, either.

(I also put "no" to the last question, because I have no idea what "AV in Wow" is, but "the last days on end" sounded bad, so I just put no.)

What the survey looks like

Yes, I want large scale warzones that last days on end

No I dont want large world pvp warzones

This last question hung me up. I have never played wow before so I have no idea what AV is, I did a quick google search and from what I read it is just mass pvp? I don't really know what warzones that would lasts days implies exactly.

Edited by BardaTheHobo

AV hasn't lasted for "days on end" in well over 6 years. There have been various times when decent (not even great) teams could burn through it in under 7 min. Large scale would be good, but "days on end" bad.

Yeah I know it hasn't, but that's when AV was fun. Going to sleep after a couple hours of av, and coming back the next day to find the game still going on. Those were some epic battles! My main point for this question was to enforce the idea of instanced large scale pvp. Since the devs couldn't figure out fast enough that illum was a lag fest because they gave everyone one and there mother to many particle effects for their abilitys. Which caused a lag fest for everyone that had mid to low end machines. Then to top it all off they put guns on the bases firing into the air with massive amounts of particles that just caused the whole zone to be unplayable with 100 or more players.

That's partly because there are so little options. If people don't have a clear opinion (i.e. I don't really care if there will be ranked huttball or not, since I don't do ranked) and you ask "do you want thing x?" and the answers are yes or no, at least I answer no. No, I don't want it. I just don't have anything against it, either.

(I also put "no" to the last question, because I have no idea what "AV in Wow" is, but "the last days on end" sounded bad, so I just put no.)

You may be confused because this post is directed at pvpers, if you don't know what AV is I can understand that I guess. Although most pvpers have tried wow in one form or another I would think. You don't do rated pvp so I would say you shouldn't be doing a survey on the pvp forums directed to pvpers that want to see this games pvp succeed.

This last question hung me up. I have never played wow before so I have no idea what AV is, I did a quick google search and from what I read it is just mass pvp? I don't really know what warzones that would lasts days implies exactly.

If you have never done large scale pvp, in the fashion of games like EQ,DAOC,Warhammer, or even wows AV that I figured any pvper in the last 6 years would remember at its start. Then I wouldnt consider yourself a pvper, and wouldnt take the survey.

You may be confused because this post is directed at pvpers, if you don't know what AV is I can understand that I guess. Although most pvpers have tried wow in one form or another I would think. You don't do rated pvp so I would say you shouldn't be doing a survey on the pvp forums directed to pvpers that want to see this games pvp succeed.

As far as I know, I can be a pvper without doing ranked pvp. I can also be a pvper if I haven't played WoW.

Anyway, if you aim your survey only to people who do ranked pvp, maybe you should address that in the op?

If you have never done large scale pvp, in the fashion of games like EQ,DAOC,Warhammer, or even wows AV that I figured any pvper in the last 6 years would remember at its start. Then I wouldnt consider yourself a pvper, and wouldnt take the survey.

I did "large" scale pvp at the start of this game at Ilum and large scale pvp back in swg and in guild wars 2 and warhammer. But it said warzones that lasts for days which implies a instance style which is a bit confusing.

As far as I know, I can be a pvper without doing ranked pvp. I can also be a pvper if I haven't played WoW.

Anyway, if you aim your survey only to people who do ranked pvp, maybe you should address that in the op?

You can consider yourself a pvper thats your right, but I don't consider you one. This survey isnt for people that only do ranked pvp, its for people that live and breathe pvp, its that simple. You have your pve people that live and breathe it, raiding every night, you also have pvpers that think of pvp the same way.

You can consider yourself a pvper thats your right, but I don't consider you one. This survey isnt for people that only do ranked pvp, its for people that live and breathe pvp, its that simple. You have your pve people that live and breathe it, raiding every night, you also have pvpers that think of pvp the same way.

Ahh, it's for hardcore people only. You could address that, too, if you don't want the more "casual" players to answer.

I did "large" scale pvp at the start of this game at Ilum and large scale pvp back in swg and in guild wars 2 and warhammer. But it said warzones that lasts for days which implies a instance style which is a bit confusing.

Yeah instanced style to cap the large scale pvp, so it dosent turn into a lag fest like illum did. Av was a large scale pvp of 40 on 40, with a pretty large map. But if you compare other large un instanced pvp thats pretty small. Bioware has issues with there engine, and there communitys hardware limitations. So large scale instanced would be the easiest for them to implement . They already use that code on the fleet when it gets over populated.