Best player of each class!

Arkillon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TL;DR I'm the best, get at me noobs.

Nope, try again next time.

I'm not going to get into who I think is the best operative DPS because honestly, I don't really care. Even when I DPS on Bamacare, it's mostly to keep the class fresh for myself. Plus, Sicari and Swurve are guildies and I don't see the need for the ************ reach-arounds that you mentioned. However, it was cute when Stand and some other KFT operatives were calling me bad despite them losing in Voidstar without capping the first set of doors. That's OK though, I knew it was my CC on their stealth node-guard that got us the cap on their door within a minute of our round starting. IMO, concealment is a nuanced and limited spec that lacks the control that an assassin wields, but obviously has greater mobility and a killer opening.

Far too many PvPers have an unhealthy obsession with scoreboard numbers and tend to use them as the sole measure of skill. For example, we can take yesterday's Huttball match that ended 6-5 (one of the closest reg huttballs I've had in a long time). I wasn't watching what you were doing under a microscope, but I do know this:

1) you didn't get open for passes

2) you didn't pick the ball up when it spawned at mid

3) despite all the DPS you were putting out, the other team scored most of the opportunities they had and their healers were out-performing us

On the flip-side, I had "baby deeps" at the end of the round (around 150k and at the very bottom of the scoreboard) as a MM sniper. You tell me: does that make me a bad player? You might because the scoreboard doesn't inform us as to how many times a player picked the ball up at mid, or how many passes/interceptions they made or whether they CC'ed the powertech that was lining up a fire-pull on our ball-carrier. Ironically, objective points can also be misleading since they're weighted towards the extreme ends of defending of attacking; not so much to be gained in midfield.

TLDR

The bottom line is that you should not feel special if your only contribution is high damage/heals. That's probably 50-60% of what makes a good player IMO, but if damage is 100% of your game, you will get out-maneuvered by a smarter team.

With that said, I'm going to end with a shout-out to the handful of objective-minded players that still play this game. These are the players that plug any gaps in their team or create/exploit openings in the other team, the play-makers that create capping opportunities for their teammates, or even the players that check their mini-maps and ops frames to see where they need to reinforce.

First off, I scored one of the goals when Spikey passed it to me, so I don't know what you're on but that must be some good stuff.

I guess you missed the part where I kept your healers busy and your team slowed with Corrosives so our ball carriers could get away while also peeling for my healer whenever he called out for help. Don't state you weren't paying attention to my actions and then go on to accuse me of ignoring objectives. You said it yourself, you weren't watching what I was doing. But you do know that I somehow out-damaged everyone in the match and that my team won. And I agree that numbers and medals aren't a true measure of skill, but it's still nice to consistently be up there in the scoreboard while also outplaying your opponents.

As for healing, well the numbers do mean something in that case, and I easily outperform other healers when I feel like respeccing into god mode. Which is why I don't waste my time in ranked, I'd rather wait for Bioware to fix this class than take the easy way out and heal a team of Marauders and Powertechs. Ranked Arenas are a joke right now and unless class balancing is ever done right (one can dream) they always will be. Now if they brought Ranked Warzones back into the fold, then we might be on to something.

Edit - Who is your sniper, the one that jumped down in the pit after me?

Edited by Arcadius-Fett

We were on the same team, silly. TBH, I only remember your sorc getting open for the occasional pull. I was aware of what was going on around me to a certain extent, but it was a hectic warzone so apologies if I missed something. The point I was making was more about mid-control (and our lack of it) coupled with the fact that I was bereft of passing options.

All I do know is this: we seldom controlled mid and I was the only one on our team capable of grabbing the ball with my roll, except it was another matter just trying to stay alive. When I did pick it up in mid, I hardly had any passing outlets (since everyone was dead) and tried to off-load it to our tank (unless he was dead). My shelf-life was short that match.

I could sit in the rafters and DPS, but who's going to grab the ball then? I certainly didn't see anyone else taking the initiative. My huttball philosophy is all about quick-passing and having bodies ahead to overwhelm the opponent. That probably deserves a whole other thread though and I'm not going to go into detail. I'm just trying to make a broader point about most of the players on this server being married to the numbers in the scoreboard.

Also, I don't know if I've seen you heal so I'll just have to reserve judgment. I know for a fact that there's a few operative healers that you won't be able to out-perform, but you're more than welcome to prove me wrong.

Now if they brought Ranked Warzones back into the fold, then we might be on to something.

Because you did so many of those when they WERE here, right? If they brought those back then it would be you, AND 7 of your friends tasting the long hard dick of the law.

everyone who's anyone thinks you're noone. Go back to the shadows from whence you came, randy BK

now please post an angry long winded response devoid of facts and full of hearsay and anti american propaganda. So I can finally enjoy the forums.

Because you did so many of those when they WERE here, right? If they brought those back then it would be you, AND 7 of your friends tasting the long hard dick of the law.

everyone who's anyone thinks you're noone. Go back to the shadows from whence you came, randy BK

now please post an angry long winded response devoid of facts and full of hearsay and anti american propaganda. So I can finally enjoy the forums.

I can roll my face across a keyboard on a mara too, tough guy. Don't delude yourself into thinking you're anything more than some other FoM playing keyboard warrior.

Edited by Arcadius-Fett

Nope, try again next time.

TLDR

With that said, I'm going to end with a shout-out to the handful of objective-minded players that still play this game. These are the players that plug any gaps in their team or create/exploit openings in the other team, the play-makers that create capping opportunities for their teammates, or even the players that check their mini-maps and ops frames to see where they need to reinforce.

There are very few objective minded people left... sometimes Cielo and I won't even try to win wzs (on Shadowlands because well we try to teach some of the others lessons). I normally try to go to the safe node if I don't see people head that way, but not 100% of the time, get boring taking and guarding the off node in 4 consecutive warzones and finding out all the leet players in mid can't kill one healer because they:

(a) can't hit buttons

(b) fill the resolve bar too quickly with healer at 80-100%

© dont have interupt bound

(d) are more interested in farming stats by aoeing on the groups while putting very little pressure on the healers

(e) any combination of the above

I can roll my face across a keyboard on a mara too, tough guy. Don't delude yourself into thinking you're anything more than some other FoM playing keyboard warrior.

I can vouch this this is his only level 55 toon. FoM only refers to people that actually go out of their way to level up and play a class to exploit it. Howerver, Frequ has always been good. Don't delude yourself into thinking anything else.

Edited by Arpeggi

How does being an operative discredit someone's argument? I'd love for you to prove the 2000+ year old ad hominem fallacy wrong, but we both know you can't.

It's just funny that they're complaining about someone playing an OP FOTM class when they're an operative themself.

Wait...

Doesn't freq strictly play carnage?

Last I checked, no one really considers carnage to be op or ez mode...

It's just funny that they're complaining about someone playing an OP FOTM class when they're an operative themself.

Only operative healers are op...The DPS specs are super squishy and concealment is totally lacking when compared to deception.

sad thing is, you would probably be bad at that too.

This is adorable, all I wanted for christmas was fresh meat on the forums, thank you so much Mr. random guy (I still don't know who you are in game) for making my christmas wishes come true :)

#1 Ziara, not sure who has stroked your epeen so much to make you think you are soo leet. Pretty much everyone you have mentioned is in fact better than you. I also didn't even know who you were until I was grouped with momo one night, so outside of your own guild you are unknown, and especially for an operative who is either constantly being focused as a healer or pissing people off by ganking, the fact that your unknown says a lot about just how good you really are. Good players tend to remember other good players.

#2 It's probably not a good idea to say your hands down better than players whom which the entire server know are very good (venkman, frequencyz, swurve, etc). If you want attention because you think you are so great, this is not the best strat. You have attention now but it's not the kind you want. I'm sure many of these players are gonna go out of their way to make sure your giant erect epeen becomes a tiny flaccid one now. You're the only person in this forum that have even mentioned themselves, this also says a lot about your character. For what it's worth I don't think that you are a baddie, but you may wanna go ahead and remove yourself from this pedestal which you have placed yourself on, as I'm sure that unless your just flat out delusional (judged by your posts you may very well be) you may get knocked off of it the hard way.

Edited by Bman_p

On a completely unrelated topic, I saw an old guy from Corellian Run on today Pockethealer... I think really on Cielo and a few others mainly on imp side would recognise him as he quit because of work before sever merge... good to see a few people coming back.

I spend a lot of time reading threads in the PvP section and discussing things in the Operative foum, I usually just glance at what's going on in the server forums for one reason. Nothing goes on here. There's a good ~20 people that come here regularly, and they're just a bunch of buddies that stroke each other's egos, this very thread and the 3 PvP shoutouts that got locked are a testament to that. And some of the suggestions here make it perfectly clear, people just don't like having that pointed out.

Hung and Freq have proven it with their posts, PvP on this server is full of a bunch of "unknowns" who are automatically just a bunch of bads because they aren't in your circle of friends. That and the fact that no one comes to these forums renders these threads meaningless.

Edited by Arcadius-Fett

I spend a lot of time reading threads in the PvP section and discussing things in the Operative foum, I usually just glance at what's going on in the server forums for one reason. Nothing goes on here. There's a good ~20 people that come here regularly, and they're just a bunch of buddies that stroke each other's egos, this very thread and the 3 PvP shoutouts that got locked are a testament to that. And some of the suggestions here make it perfectly clear, people just don't like having that pointed out.

I agree that there is a certain circle usually posting on these forums. I also rarely post but check in on them now and then. I stated in my previous post that although you are fairly unknown, I do not think you are bad. However, you are the only person that I see on here stroking your own epeen, that is where the problem with you lies. I have no connection to the individuals you compare yourself to, i'm simply basing my opinion on my experience in warzones.

Edited by Bman_p

Two things.

First, how does one get into that cool PvPers club :rak_01:?

And second, as much as I like it and love to play it, PVP in SWTOR is stale, unbalanced, unrewarding, and unidimensional. I used to care, I really did! But the more EA and BW kept on bending me over and shoving their figurative corporate lightsaber up my ***, I came to the simple realisation that it's all basically crap. I just can't care enough anymore. And I don't know how anyone else does...

Now, if you don't mind, I'm going to go keep on paying EA/BW to make stuff I don't like so I can play it and be more frustrated about PVP than I already am.

PS: Happy Holidays everyone :D

Dear Thalamir,

I love it when you chase me around the middle of Civil War with your pretty glow sticks.

XOXO

Keiki

Edit: So I finally caught up on the other 4 pages that I haven't read yet. I just have a few comments/questions.

#1. Who is Ziara? Xiara?

#2. When did this change from nominating people that you felt were game changers, to OMG MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMMEMEMEMEMEMEMMEMEMEME?

#3. Frequencyz was not born, he was created as a lvl 55 Marauder because Morgan Freeman narrated his story and nature made it so. (I have proof of this if you would like a link to the video. It's amazing) I've also known him since our original server and even as a lowbie he was destroying warzones. He's crazy, but I have a very healthy respect for what he does and I am thankful when he is in the warzone and his name is not in red text. He's a bit of a forum troll .. and a gchat troll .. and a .. well.. you get the idea.

#4. When I said ID Leftovers, what I meant was we got the pub side rejects that you guys don't play on Pot5 transferred back to Shadowlands. I in no way shape or form mean to infer that these characters are "rejects" in a negative way except that they are not your natural main characters which are still on Pot5 Imperial side. You know I <3 you guys and I'm glad you're back.

#5. I'm working on a list for you Zenod. It shall be coming soon to a theatre near you.

Edited by Zalindae