Pls do something or waiting is annoying

Justbee

hi There, pls excuse my english, german poster here. But the german forums are kinda unloved by BW and Eric, so i post here. Hope its understandable with my 20 Year old school english.

Well my point is:

I really love this game. There is no better MMO out there in my opinion. But i have have a real specific personal problem:

I'm an intensiv player, means Legacy 50 was done a Year before, all Class Stories are played. And im Raiding in a Guild. So ican just repeat i love this game and spend a lot of time in it.

But there is nothing for me to do! If u are Raiding, basic and elite comms are quite meaningless, so if u wanna do something fpr ur mainchar or good equipped alts, u need to farm Ultimate Comms. But there is noch chance to this alone!

Thats ok we are talking bout an MMO. But its fairly annoying standing on the fleet waiting over an hour for a simple heroic flashpoint. on t3-m4 waiting at monday 1 pm is pointless u wont find a random operation grp or u have to wait 1-4 hours. grp finder offers 2 old operations in boring 8er mode. and u have to wait for them again hours..at strange times like 4 a.m. u just cant do anything usefull for good equipped chars even with waiting.

this means im doomed to wait and wait and wait.

ofc i can do other things like daily or weekly quests and i do them, but i dont need basic or elite comms, its just timesink. i wanna pimp my chars.

i really loved sapce-mission but u only get meaningless fleet comms and meaningless basic comms. crafting is pointless too, no cool rare reciepes to farm, no chance to farm the worthy crafting materials...u have to wait until ur comps finish their missions.

so i desperatly ask u for some changes, that will help, and im sure other players will love that changings too.

pls, update grp finder to oricon operations for 8 or (far better) 16 players.

pls benefit tansk and heals using grp findet with some kinda extra reward, this will reduce waiting time

pls give at least 1 opportunity to farm ultimate comms without a grp. like a hard weekly quest for 6 comms a week or something like this.

or adjust weekly reward for makeb, cz and orican for at least 2 ulti comms a week.

right now im forced to play another game (wow in that case) and no this is not a wow rocks posting. i dont really like wow, but there i can do some usefull stuff for my good equipped chars, even without a grp, even at 4am.

galactic starfighter sounds funny, but i dont really like pvp, so i wont play much pvp space combet and with 12 vs 12 u will have to wait again until 24 players are listet...

pls do something...cuz im not far away from unsubbing and playing a game i dont like much as i do swtor.

There will always be players, who got enough time to consume content faster than it can be produced, by any realistic planning.

You are one of those players, so unfortunately you will have to wait, or actually consume the whole product.

For the time being aim for getting all achievements to 100%... that should keep you busy for a while.

There will always be players, who got enough time to consume content faster than it can be produced, by any realistic planning.

You are one of those players, so unfortunately you will have to wait, or actually consume the whole product.

For the time being aim for getting all achievements to 100%... that should keep you busy for a while.

yes ur right, its my personal problem. and its ok, but i think the suggested changes would benefit all kind of players. the casual will get better gear faster, the 24/7 player like me can equip toons faster and better.

its just about the feeling of doing something usefull for the own chars.

acm i dont like at all, i do some, but its just timesink. it suseful like targeting the 1 billion cred amount...its an aim, but pleasing me at al

You could do what I am doing.

I am doing each storyline and recording it. And I have a backstory for each character and base their answers on that background.

Some of them are even pretty far out there, like my Mandalorian force wielder that is being trained by the sith (Sith Warrior class). It means that the sith warrior storyline takes a whole new turn and is no longer about being a great sith warrior and serving the emperor or whatnot, but about being an outsider in the sith world, working within the framework of that world to do what all mandalorian mercs do best.

Make money and gain power :)

EDIT: On a sidenote, how do you have so much time to play the game? Don't you work or something?

Edited by OddballEasyEight

(...)

I really love this game. There is no better MMO out there in my opinion. But i have have a real specific personal problem:

I'm an intensiv player, means Legacy 50 was done a Year before, all Class Stories are played. And im Raiding in a Guild. So ican just repeat i love this game and spend a lot of time in it.

But there is nothing for me to do! (...)

I - as well as surely many other players, too - totally understand you and your point of view. I feel the exact same way and have the exact same problem (except that I properly play much slower than you as I only hit legacy 50 half a year ago ;) ).

Anyway, there is one answer to your problem and it is the answer that ALL my former guild-members have done after they reached that point: leave the game and search for something else to play. I am the only one left from a guild that was for a good 18 months one of the biggest and most well-known guilds on my server. Now I am all alone. Because I have a hard time letting go. ;)

None of my ex-guildies has come back ever since, not even as a F2P player. So I assume that leaving for good is actually a valid option and they don't regret their decision. I am not at that point though, but sometimes, when everything is done, it's time for a new challenge. Now let's just try to get this in our heads. :p

This. Make alts, try real life, play another MMO.

Anyway, there is one answer to your problem and it is the answer that ALL my former guild-members have done after they reached that point: leave the game and search for something else to play. I am the only one left from a guild that was for a good 18 months one of the biggest and most well-known guilds on my server. Now I am all alone. Because I have a hard time letting go. ;)

There is a better choice, IMO, for people who enjoy playing MMOs a lot:

Play multiple MMOs. Find a few you like and put them into some form of personal rotation program such that you are not so heavily invested in any one MMO and play it so much you are struggling for things to do as you outpace the patch content.

The frustration the OP is experiencing is completely manageable on the players side by simply diversifying your play time across more then one MMO.

The problem is pretty much the same as with watching TV series or movies.

I would love to see Avengers 2 tomorrow.... but it doesn't exist. And the whole movie industry will never be able to provide me with a new movie each day or even each week (if I filter out all those movies, I wouldn't want to watch).

Asking a game developer to increase the pace of content is pretty much the same as asking for a movie studio to produce their movies faster.... it just won't work.

And it is good as it is, as "normal people" (if there are any) wouldn't want to watch a new movie every day or every week even. The average person doesn't watch a movie every week... and the average gamer doesn't have all 8 stories done and all raids on HM/NM clear. The average gamer got lots of things to do, unless they specialize on a single part of the whole game.

Edited by JPryde

You could do what I am doing.

I am doing each storyline and recording it. And I have a backstory for each character and base their answers on that background.

Some of them are even pretty far out there, like my Mandalorian force wielder that is being trained by the sith (Sith Warrior class). It means that the sith warrior storyline takes a whole new turn and is no longer about being a great sith warrior and serving the emperor or whatnot, but about being an outsider in the sith world, working within the framework of that world to do what all mandalorian mercs do best.

Make money and gain power :)

EDIT: On a sidenote, how do you have so much time to play the game? Don't you work or something?

many folks who have played this game since launch have many, many end game toons - most likely all geared. If achievments were implemented better I may actually look at them. I don't think I've ever even opened my Codex before.

In LOTRO, for instance, your 'codex' or achievement system there offered things - whether it was a small boost in a stat or w/e. It made running out and slaughtering a certain group NPC's for hours, semi-worth it. Right now the achievement list offers nothing, but a few CC"s here and there

many folks who have played this game since launch have many, many end game toons - most likely all geared. If achievments were implemented better I may actually look at them. I don't think I've ever even opened my Codex before.

In LOTRO, for instance, your 'codex' or achievement system there offered things - whether it was a small boost in a stat or w/e. It made running out and slaughtering a certain group NPC's for hours, semi-worth it. Right now the achievement list offers nothing, but a few CC"s here and there

Did you quote the wrong post?

I didn't even mention achievments at all :/

This. Make alts, try real life, play another MMO.

Well, mb there is a missunderstanding. I dont want BW making new Content faster or just for me. SWTOR is ok for me as it is. I just asked for some "little" changes a lot of players would benefit from. I dont wanna quit TOR, and RL sucks. (Good graphics, but bad gameplay...) and i play multiple games but i would like spending my time just in SWTOR.

@OddballEasyEight im not able to work since 4 years now, i have ******** of time due to hard health problems

again i hope my english is good enough

Well, mb there is a missunderstanding. I dont want BW making new Content faster or just for me. SWTOR is ok for me as it is. I just asked for some "little" changes a lot of players would benefit from. I dont wanna quit TOR, and RL sucks. (Good graphics, but bad gameplay...) and i play multiple games but i would like spending my time just in SWTOR.

@OddballEasyEight im not able to work since 4 years now, i have ******** of time due to hard health problems

again i hope my english is good enough

English is fine bro, more coherent then a lot of folks who post on these forums :)