So where are all these Assassins dominating the leader boards?

Stavroz

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That method is a much a measure of playtime, popularity, and pandering as it is skill. Which is why the leaderboards are computed using Elo and not player votes.

Lol what.. I never said you had to agree with another persons opinion on the matter, or that there had to be any form of "elections" or anything..

I have a list of players in my head that I think are good. And no matter what rating other people get, no matter what rating the people get that i have in my head.. my opinion on them won't change.

You are the only common element in all of your solo matches. Your ability to improve a random teams odds of winning against another random team is an accurate measure of skill.

sure but this works both ways...

you might be that best player out there but still you're just good as rest of your team..

being match constantly with bads or pve guys your win/lose ration will be low...

des it mean that your skill is low?

I like and respect you Xeno, but 4's are a circle jerk club of mediocre high play time streamers. Solo is the best measure of skill right now. Yes, it's chaotic, but the best players find a way to rise to the top of that chaos.

Kamu, I like you and think you're a great sorc healer. You're the perfect example to illustrate why it's retard roulette.

98 wins to get to 1648 rating. I'm guessing somewhere around 40 losses or so right?

I'm willing to bet the majority of your losses have come because you got matched up against ap pts and/or smash while having an inferior comp and/or awful players.

All of the top people doing 4s on pot5 are good to great players, i can guarantee you that. Yes, there are a couple handfuls on pot5 who are also good to great who just can't find a team for a number of reasons, but mostly due to lack to talent and people not having the right main or alt.

I've played on my mara a bit in solo as smash. I have won 1v2s a couple times. Now...am I winning because I am so skilled and awesome and have the right class...or is it because the 2 people I'm beating are awful?

The person who said you only account for 25% of the skill is mostly right. Depending on your class/spec, you can account for a few percentage points of other players. Take a good smash mara for example...he can make up some difference for let's say an average jugg smash or deception sin. There isn't a player in the world who can account for 50% of the skill on his team against 4 people. When 3v4 and 1v2 and the like happen, it's because the shorthanded team VASTLY outskills the others.

Let's also take into account the fact of borked rating gain and loss. Achido losing 13 while winning 7, even at 2200 and against scrubs. That's skill? Yes, he is a good mara, not taking anything away from him, but his playtime plus the lax pointing system, plus mostly smashing scrubs into the ground is giving him the high rating.

No one can refute what I'm saying point for point...because I am 100% right.

I would like to respectfully offer a different opinion.

First, it took me 60 "wins" to realize that my spec was just not viable for solo rated. Consider me a slow learner. My win loss ratio is improving now that I've adjusted my approach. Honestly, I see many other sorcs, adopting a similar strategy, ironically, doing exactly what the developers told us to do.

Second, beyond the fact that I am a total jerk, I've never been able to get / hold a spot on a good rated team because... I simply don't play at the same time consistently. I play this game at totally random times and on random days. I go AFK a lot to interact with the human around me. There are others like me. For this reason, 4's will never be representative of the best players on the server.

Lastly, everyone knows the classes aren't balanced. Your rank in your AC is meaningful though.

Kamu, I like you and think you're a great sorc healer. You're the perfect example to illustrate why it's retard roulette.

98 wins to get to 1648 rating. I'm guessing somewhere around 40 losses or so right?

I'm willing to bet the majority of your losses have come because you got matched up against ap pts and/or smash while having an inferior comp and/or awful players.

All of the top people doing 4s on pot5 are good to great players, i can guarantee you that. Yes, there are a couple handfuls on pot5 who are also good to great who just can't find a team for a number of reasons, but mostly due to lack to talent and people not having the right main or alt.

I've played on my mara a bit in solo as smash. I have won 1v2s a couple times. Now...am I winning because I am so skilled and awesome and have the right class...or is it because the 2 people I'm beating are awful?

The person who said you only account for 25% of the skill is mostly right. Depending on your class/spec, you can account for a few percentage points of other players. Take a good smash mara for example...he can make up some difference for let's say an average jugg smash or deception sin. There isn't a player in the world who can account for 50% of the skill on his team against 4 people. When 3v4 and 1v2 and the like happen, it's because the shorthanded team VASTLY outskills the others.

Let's also take into account the fact of borked rating gain and loss. Achido losing 13 while winning 7, even at 2200 and against scrubs. That's skill? Yes, he is a good mara, not taking anything away from him, but his playtime plus the lax pointing system, plus mostly smashing scrubs into the ground is giving him the high rating.

All the stuff you just said applies to teams as well as solo queue. I haven't seen even a single argument from your side that is different.

Haha so this is where Exilove has gone, ToFNs very own narcissist. I was wondering why he stopped claiming himself assassin of the Universe on our server forums. For the PvP forums, I wish you all good luck with him ;)

Lol did you just actually check my post history to see where I was most active? :rolleyes:

<3

Haha so this is where Exilove has gone, ToFNs very own narcissist. I was wondering why he stopped claiming himself assassin of the Universe on our server forums. For the PvP forums, I wish you all good luck with him ;)

Actually bru, in the majority of this thread(the stuff I've read), Exilove is in the right this time.

Unless you want to try and convince me that solo rating is more accurate than group rating, and that assasins are unviable to play? :rolleyes:

He might not put what he's saying across in the right way often(ever), but he isn't always in the wrong. Not in this thread anyway.

Edited by Aragost

Actually bru, in the majority of this thread(the stuff I've read), Exilove is in the right this time.

Unless you want to try and convince me that solo rating is more accurate than group rating, and that assasins are unviable to play? :rolleyes:

He might not put what he's saying across in the right way often(ever), but he isn't always in the wrong. Not in this thread anyway.

Well every measured record that exists says you're wrong on every issue so yea

Well every measured record that exists says you're wrong on every issue so yea

well sins imho are underpreforming in general.. true

but solorating is just based on statistics.. and statistically.. me and dog have 3 legs...

so pls stop BS that solorating is a good way to measure someone's skill, becasue simply it isn't

this is due to various variables which need to be taken into account and are totaly independent = meaning you as a player can not really affect them..

same may implay to group rating.. but there are far less variables which makes it far more accurate..

that being said.. imho best way to evaluate someone's skill is simply to play with them.

you can't play with everyone... so only thing that is left is this rating system which just shows approximate skill..

better this than nothing i guess..

if you really believe tha this is accurate, please do.. you can believe what you want really

but trying to convince somebody that they are wrong being wrong yourself is just bad..

well sins imho are underpreforming in general.. true

but solorating is just based on statistics.. and statistically.. me and dog have 3 legs...

so pls stop BS that solorating is a good way to measure someone's skill, becasue simply it isn't

this is due to various variables which need to be taken into account and are totaly independent = meaning you as a player can not really affect them..

same may implay to group rating.. but there are far less variables which makes it far more accurate..

that being said.. imho best way to evaluate someone's skill is simply to play with them.

you can't play with everyone... so only thing that is left is this rating system which just shows approximate skill..

better this than nothing i guess..

if you really believe tha this is accurate, please do.. you can believe what you want really

but trying to convince somebody that they are wrong being wrong yourself is just bad..

Did you by any chance try googling ELO? No? So in other words you don't know what you're talking about.

as a matter of fact that was the first thing that i did before posting anything here.

clearly.. for some reason you are ignoring what i've written before..

I've never said that Elo is bad.. it is quite good actually.

Matchmaking isn't hence solorating isn't..

and still win.. Elo gain is a team effort..

Edited by Sabatiel

as a matter of fact that was the first thing that i did before posting anything here.

clearly.. for some reason you are ignoring what i've written before..

I've never said that Elo is bad.. it is quite good actually.

Matchmaking isn't hence solorating isn't..

and still win.. Elo gain is a team effort..

If you googled ELO you should understand the workings of the system. IE, everyone in solo queue getting an equal number of guaranteed wins and guaranteed losses due to mismatches will cancel out and your rating will remain mostly unaffected.

What WON'T leave your rating unaffected is the same team of 4 people winning every game in team rateds because there are only 2 or 3 teams in the queue on any given day. IE, the smoochie scenario. We've already been over this.

ELO is a system that is designed for SINGLE PLAYER systems, NOT for team ratings. It CAN ONLY WORK in a team environment if the teams are randomized. That is literally the only way ELO will work in a team environment. (Well, the only way without having a much larger number of teams in the queue, IE, for swtor players).

Edited by JP_Legatus

So, we finally got to play against Matchless tonight.

The games were pretty representative of the whole thing to be honest, the sin died first about half of the games and I could tell that he is very squishy as I would unload all of my burst on his guarded target and him he would drop very low, sometimes outright killing him. I think that sins are viable, but its still just not as good, as the only real utility they bring is totally negated by a smart team that knows how to avoid the huge glitched force breach opener from the silly dark maul spec.

We ended up being 4-0 with matchless, I imagine in the future it will be a fun spree of matches with wins traded back and forth as both teams adjust the strategy, but for now I feel that having a sin tank holds them back more than it brings them forward. AE damage outweighs ST damage so much in the current environment, and until that changes PT Hybrid tanks will still be better. The fact that the tank can't really guard someone without almost immediately dying is a huge difference, and it effectively gives one team (mine), more options and time to do what we want.